Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Article: Eddie Rosario and Redemption

  1. #21
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    147
    Like
    358
    Liked 46 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo92107 View Post
    What an embarrassing society we live in. Memo to future generations: I apologize for all the morons that think pot is a big deal. Guy tokes a joint and gets treated like he robbed a string of convenience stores at gunpoint. When will America grow up and smoke a little perspective?
    I respectfully disagree with your position on pot use in America. I am not embarrassed to be an American. I also am not a moron. I have a degree in economics from UNC and a law degree from UNC. I will admit, there is too much emphasis on escaping reality through alcohol and drugs and too many people thinking, "what can the government do for me", when there should be more emphasis on hard work in a free society to keep America strong and safe and to keep the American dream alive and healthy for us and our children. If Rosario had robbed a string of stores at gunpoint, he'd be in prison, rather than being paid to play baseball. I am the happiest I have ever been in my life. I hope you find the peace and happiness which I have. I'll be glad to share more with you about this it if you wish. You may email me at [email protected]

  2. These 3 users like tarheeltwinsfan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    jokin (06-21-2014), Major Leauge Ready (06-21-2014), WLFINN (06-20-2014)

  3. #22
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    877
    Like
    485
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Apocalypse warning......Seth and I agree for a second time this week...
    Geez, mike, if Seth is your apocalypse warning, then what the hell am I?

  4. This user likes birdwatcher's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    USAFChief (06-21-2014)

  5. #23
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,719
    Like
    1,159
    Liked 566 Times in 370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher View Post
    Geez, mike, if Seth is your apocalypse warning, then what the hell am I?

    This made me laugh, good thing no one sits by me at work anymore.....while you and I often disagree, I appreciate we can generally do so civily. this is a nice example. Thanks for pushing me sometimes on my crazy posts.....
    Lighten up Francis....

  6. These 2 users like mike wants wins's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    jokin (06-21-2014), USAFChief (06-21-2014)

  7. #24
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    877
    Like
    485
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    This made me laugh, good thing no one sits by me at work anymore.....while you and I often disagree, I appreciate we can generally do so civily. this is a nice example. Thanks for pushing me sometimes on my crazy posts.....
    tell that to the moderators...

  8. #25
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,719
    Like
    1,159
    Liked 566 Times in 370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher View Post
    tell that to the moderators...
    I will admit, sometimes our interactions don't work well for me.....but mostly I just feel challenged...
    Lighten up Francis....

  9. #26
    Junior Member Rookie dluxxx's Avatar
    Posts
    2
    Twitter
    @D__Luxxx
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jm3319 View Post
    That's a hell of a dip he's got in his lip for that picture. Twins might wanna chat with him about that.
    I agree that the tobacco use is a league-wide problem. With that said, it's probably the last substance the Twins are worried about with Rosario...

  10. #27
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,536
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    68
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Rosario is a well-above-average defensive outfielder. He's been playing outfield his whole life. He is a well-below-average defensive 2B.

    He is the same hitter regardless of position.

  11. #28
    Senior Member All-Star Thrylos's Avatar
    Posts
    4,178
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Like
    36
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by SD Buhr View Post
    If Rosario and Vargas are playing together in Target Field by August-September and doing reasonably well, with Buxton & Sano on the doorstep, it could set off an off-season frenzy unlike anything we've seen in Twinsville in some time.
    If Morales and/or Willingham are in town by August September, where does Vargas fit? Do you pop an outfield glove on him and prey, like they did with Colabello and the shortstops?
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

  12. #29
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    607
    Like
    103
    Liked 288 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheeltwinsfan View Post
    I respectfully disagree with your position on pot use in America. I am not embarrassed to be an American. I also am not a moron. I have a degree in economics from UNC and a law degree from UNC. I will admit, there is too much emphasis on escaping reality through alcohol and drugs and too many people thinking, "what can the government do for me", when there should be more emphasis on hard work in a free society to keep America strong and safe and to keep the American dream alive and healthy for us and our children. If Rosario had robbed a string of stores at gunpoint, he'd be in prison, rather than being paid to play baseball. I am the happiest I have ever been in my life. I hope you find the peace and happiness which I have. I'll be glad to share more with you about this it if you wish. You may email me at [email protected]
    This post comes off as really, really strange, and extraordinarily out of place on a baseball message board in an article about a baseball player.

  13. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer07 View Post
    This post comes off as really, really strange, and extraordinarily out of place on a baseball message board in an article about a baseball player.
    Gotta agree. I read his post and was like WTF?

  14. #31
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,358
    Like
    1,316
    Liked 1,296 Times in 750 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer07 View Post
    This post comes off as really, really strange, and extraordinarily out of place on a baseball message board in an article about a baseball player.
    It meanders a bit but basically he said:

    1. Not everyone who opposes pot smoking is a moron (points out his economics degree & law degree); and

    2. Rosario was not treated the same for pot smoking (50 game suspension) as he would have been for robbing a string of convenience stores at gunpoint (prison).

    The response was no more out of place than the original comment to which he was responding.


    (And I will say that posting a personal email address on any site isn't the world's best idea).
    Last edited by JB_Iowa; 06-21-2014 at 10:26 AM.

  15. These 3 users like JB_Iowa's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    jokin (06-21-2014), Pius Jefferson (06-21-2014), USAFChief (06-21-2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.