Thread: Sizemore DFAed by Boston

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,606 Times in 833 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sizemore DFAed by Boston

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 384 Times in 235 Posts
    He doesn't look to have much left. But Sam Fuld...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He has 5 SB so he seems to be running alright. He has 14 XBH in 185 AB so that's not too bad a little light IMO, He has 18 BB so his plate discipline is fine so at first glance it appears to be his timing or BABIP is off. I think if he is willing to go to AAA for now he would be able to compete with Fuld for CF in a few weeks.

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 87 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The drop-off hasn't been quite as dramatic, but Sizemore has basically had the same season as Kubel. Nice first couple weeks that made us all say, "Hey, maybe there's something left in the tank there!" Then the next couple months after that made us all say, "Ah, no. He's toast."

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,606 Times in 833 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    The drop-off hasn't been quite as dramatic, but Sizemore has basically had the same season as Kubel. Nice first couple weeks that made us all say, "Hey, maybe there's something left in the tank there!" Then the next couple months after that made us all say, "Ah, no. He's toast."
    Looking over his splits, the first thing that popped into my head was "Hey, it's Jason Kubel with legs".

6. This user likes Brock Beauchamp's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Paul Pleiss (06-17-2014)

Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
    I was hoping the Twins would have taken a look at him in spring training. I always liked him. I am glad someone took a chance on him otherwise I would have still been beating that drum. I guess now we know. Now, I would keep Fuld over Sizemore.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 864 Times in 555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Yup, sure did. It will be interesting to see what interest remains for his services...and if he's willing to do what Kubel wasn't.

Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sizemore didn't k every other at bat like Kubel. I wouldn't sign him to a major league contract. But I wouldn't object to him signing a AAA contract to see if we can help him right the ship. Apparently, You can never have too much centerfieldering on your team.

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    With Aaron Hicks, Sam Fuld and SS Danny Santana on the roster, what's the use in bringing in Seizmore?

I'm in the Hicks camp. Sam Fuld is a fine 4th OFer and Danny Santana is a good insurance policy as long as he keeps hitting. Hard to argue taking DS out of the lineup with such a hot bat, but I really hope he gets more reps at SS.

Senior Member Triple-A DocBauer's Avatar
    Liked 174 Times in 99 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I just don't see anything here unless he's willing to sign a milb deal, work at Rochester for a few weeks to a month. But then what? If he does OK, I'm thinking its still just a "what does he have on fumes to offer and for how long" scenario.

For better or worse, we have Santana, Fuld, possible Hicks for another round, and hopefully Rosario spending at least a portion if not the bulk of the second half do the year at Rochester. I feel these are all better alternatives at this point. And I do t want to take AB's from Hicks and Rosario.

Liked 288 Times in 146 Posts
    I don't know why the Twins need another no-hit, not much field guy in the outfield rotation. Sizemore wasn't even good enough this season to stick with the no-offense Red Sox. Pass.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 42 Times in 28 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Rosario would be better right now, no thanks.