Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How imminent is AAA pitching help? "The mystery" clarified, according to Gardy

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 671 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Reminds me of everytime I pick a checkout line at the grocery store. I think I chose the fastest lane only to have the person in front of me pull out a checkbook instead of the debit card.
    Were you in the 20 items or less line on top of that? I'm a strong believer we need to sanction violence against such people.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 864 Times in 555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Given that Pino is the latest winner in the

"AAA SP lottery...w/ all expense paid short-term tryout trip to the majors',

was it Pino's "veteraniness" that tilted the decision this time? We all know Gardy's preferences for vets.
    This just in, per Berardino http://blogs.twincities.com/twins/20...art-thursday/:

“He’s done it there at Triple-A now as well as anybody in that league,” Gardenhire said. “Can he do it here? Only one way to find out. We’re going to put him up here and see.”
    What happened to all of that DaVinci Code stuff yesterday, Gardy? I know this decision wasn't yours to make in the end, but isn't "only one way to find out" just as operative, if not more so, for your very best prospects?

Liked 3,173 Times in 1,358 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Were you in the 20 items or less line on top of that? I'm a strong believer we need to sanction violence against such people.
    Because they, uh, are in violation of an unwritten rule against such behavior?
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 671 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    It's the one time I would be ok hucking an object at another person's head.

5. This user likes TheLeviathan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

USAFChief (06-18-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    It's the one time I would be ok hucking an object at another person's head.
    Ahh... so that's it! There's always an exception to the rule, even the unwritten ones. (I've gotta write that down....)

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Maybe the "mystery" involved a continuation of the Twins concerted movement this spring to get more 30+-year old veteran presence in the clubhouse, or maybe they just wanted to set a new record enabling just such a press release:

Phil Miller @MillerStrib27m

At 30 years old, Yohan Pino will be oldest pitcher to make debut in Twins history -- previous oldest was Andrew Albers, 27, last year

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 54 Times in 35 Posts
    3-4 good starts and maybe they can trade him at the deadline for a prospect

Liked 104 Times in 62 Posts
    I am hoping this call up is for a spot start, Pino starts Thursday and is moved to the pen afterwards then May starts Tuesday with Correia being pushed back a day. Probably hoping for too much though.
    "Professionalism - When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S Thompson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123