@Bridman77
    Liked 56 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Monday Morning Madness: June 16, 2014

Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

Liked 1,296 Times in 750 Posts
    Great Stuff!!!

Bremer made the comment yesterday that Nolasco has been victimized by his outfielders. First, can we remove the word "victimized" from Bremer's vocabulary? Second, yep, Nolasco was hurt by his outfielders but guess what? He mostly been hurt by the fact that HE HASN'T PITCHED WELL.

Give Dick a new script.

I love watching Morales run. Chug, chug, chug!! It's like watching an 1880's steam engine go around the bases.

3. This user likes JB_Iowa's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Brad Swanson (06-17-2014)

Too early to even think about getting rid of Nolasco. You just don't sign a FA like that and give up on him after less than a half of baseball. He wasn't exactly helped out by that defense yesterday either.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 169 Times in 89 Posts
    Dave Hollins, man.

6. This user likes Kirby_Waved_At_Me's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Paul Pleiss (06-17-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 341 Times in 167 Posts
    My favorite Ortiz fact, the Twins have won 2 playoff games since he was let go. The Red Sox have won 3 world series.

Liked 147 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    My favorite Ortiz fact, the Twins have won 2 playoff games since he was let go. The Red Sox have won 3 world series.
    That's my LEAST favorite Ortiz fact, but to each his own. At least you're not a Yankees fan.

In looking at the rotation, it gets difficult to justify removing Nolasco when there are no less than two candidates ahead of him in the "don't we have better pitchers in the organization?" race. KC's numbers on the year are horrid, and no one (on this site or in the organization) really believes he is "turning a corner" with his last outing.

Samuel - love him, but even at his best (which we haven't seen all season) he gives you six tumultuous innings and puts extra pressure on your bullpen to win his games for him.

So Sam to the bullpen, end the Matt Guerrier experiment/gift, and bring up May now and Meyer later when KC is gone, or Yohan Pino, or my adopt-a-prospect again, Kris Johnson.

I understand not opening up a 40-man roster spot for Deibinson, even though that move makes more sense than Pedro's return (given that we already have 3 shortstops in our lineup, playing various positions, all of them at least .150 points over Florimon's expected OBP).

Senior Member Double-A SgtSchmidt11's Avatar
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe that Brad doesn't talk about Escobar at all! I know he was one of his biggest supporters!

11. This user likes SgtSchmidt11's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Brad Swanson (06-17-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Bridman77
    Liked 56 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SwainZag View Post
    Too early to even think about getting rid of Nolasco. You just don't sign a FA like that and give up on him after less than a half of baseball. He wasn't exactly helped out by that defense yesterday either.
    I would completely agree that it is too early to pull the plug on Nolasco, but my worry is that too early will transition to too late and the Twins won't make a change. I hope this will not happen, but it seems like a reasonable concern. I would remove/replace the starters in the following order:

1. Deduno (mostly because I think he could provide value in the bullpen)
    2. Correia
    3. Nolasco

As for Eduardo Escobar...

escobarsmilecity.jpg

He's fun to watch.
    Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    Nolasco getting the largest FA contract the Twins have ever done tells you that his leash is going to be a LOT longer any of the following: Deduno, Correia, and even Gibson. Obviously his results this year leave something to be desired, however he has been a league average pitcher for the past few years, so he deserves the chance to straighten himself out.