Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins@Tigers 6/14 3:08PM

Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries

Game Thread: Twins@Tigers 6/14 3:08PM

Forecast: 70 Degrees and No Rain scheduled.

Twins SP: Sam Deduno

1. Santana SS
    2. Fuld CF
    3. Mauer 1B
    4. Willingham LF
    5. Morales DH
    6. Arcia RF
    7. Plouffe 3B
    8. Fryer C
    9. Escobar 2B

Tigers SP: Anibel Sanchez

1. Kinsler 2B
    2. Hunter RF
    3. Cabrera 1B
    4. V. Martinez DH
    5. J.D. Martinez LF
    6. Jackson CF
    7. Castellenos 3B
    8. Avila C
    9. Suarez SS

Things to Think About:

1. 3:08PM -- OK... What's the deal? Who is making up these start times. Whoever it is... They are trying just a little too hard to be creative. 3:05 and 3:10 is a nice even start time... 3:08 is just odd(yeah I know it's technically even). If they ever list a start time as 3:08 and 47 Seconds. I'll probably start following a new sport.

2. Sam Deduno -- I'm a loud believer in Sam Deduno and there are times this year that I have been rolling against the tide. My support is not wavering however he has failed to reach 6 innings in his last 4 starts and he will need to increase his IP if he wants to remain a starter in the future. Sam... if you are reading this... Just trust your stuff and attack the strike zone. The walks are your biggest bugaboo. Curb those things and you'll be surprised how happy you are and everyone else is. I stopped walking at night and I'm much happier.

3. Anibel Sanchez -- He's 30 years old and he hails from Maracay on the Caribbean Coast of Venezuela. Bullfighting is popular in Maracay... If you don't know anything about bullfighting... It's a rather simple sport. A matador dresses himself in sparkly Wal-Mart clothing while holding a red blanket. The color Red upsets the bull and he charges. The Matador then attempts to dance the with the bull while stabbing it with a variety of objects. Lances, short spears, needles, pencils, Q-Tips, long fingernails and icicles are thrust into the ball. Eventually the animal and half the audience is bored to death and they all lay down and die. Sanchez has been troublesome to those he has been pitching against. His 2014 ERA sits at 2.24... His WHIP is Below 1. He's actually one of my favorite pitchers to watch because you never know what he's gonna throw in any count. He commands a variety of stuff. I suspect that's why his numbers are very good.

4. Eduardo Escobar -- I know there is a bunch of TD'ers who expect regression. Maybe he will... But last night he convinced me that he's a ball player. That at-bat in the 9th against a struggling Joe Nathan was a thing of beauty. It's something that gamers do. He was fouling off some pretty good pitches to draw a bases loaded walk. We needed an insurance run and he got the job done in a key moment. Tomorrow he may regress to face falling but today... I don't care... Escobar combined with Gibson were all it took for a big victory... He's my SS. (Oops... He's playing 2B again today).

5. The Age of Babies -- A friend has a two year old... You look at the him and you'd obviously guess that he was two years old. But... while small talking and out of things to say... I asked... "How Old"? She replied "25 Months". I immediately wondered why she didn't simply say 2 years old. It was my turn to say something but there was a long pause in the conversation as I was doing math in my head... Finally I said... "We'll... I'm 585 Months old". I figured it was her turn to do the math... So I said... "No calculators... Good seeing you... I'll talk to you later"... And I walked away.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

2. These 6 users like Riverbrian's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Circus Boy (06-14-2014), glunn (06-14-2014), JB_Iowa (06-14-2014), sampleSizeOfOne (06-14-2014), Sconnie (06-14-2014), Willihammer (06-14-2014)

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,305 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    5. The Age of Babies -- A friend has a two year old... You look at the him and you'd obviously guess that he was two years old. But... while small talking and out of things to say... I asked... "How Old"? She replied "25 Months". I immediately wondered why she didn't simply say 2 years old. It was my turn to say something but there was a long pause in the conversation as I was doing math in my head... Finally I said... "We'll... I'm 585 Months old". I figured it was her turn to do the math... So I said... "No calculators... Good seeing you... I'll talk to you later"... And I walked away.
    How old are most kids when they stop appending "and a half" when necessary? I'm very sure it's before age 49, and I don't recall a college senior informing me she was 22 and a half, but not exactly sure when the cutoff really is.

PS, it's helpful to know I don't need to check online before 3:07:47.

4. These 2 users like ashburyjohn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-14-2014), Riverbrian (06-14-2014)

Liked 1,295 Times in 749 Posts
    Interested to see Fryer ... Deduno's personal catcher is everyone but Suzuki. (That's not a rap on Zuk -- just the reality of unpredictable Sammy).

So we have 2 bullfighters in Sanchez and Escobar? (Both from Maracay). Let's hope the one with the stick takes it to the one with the ball.

6. These 2 users like JB_Iowa's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 857 Times in 552 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    4. Eduardo Escobar -- I know there is a bunch of TD'ers who expect regression. Maybe he will... But last night he convinced me that he's a ball player. That at-bat in the 9th against a struggling Joe Nathan was a thing of beauty. It's something that gamers do. He was fouling off some pretty good pitches to draw a bases loaded walk. We needed an insurance run and he got the job done in a key moment. Tomorrow he may regress to face falling but today... I don't care... Escobar combined with Gibson were all it took for a big victory... He's my SS. (Oops... He's playing 2B again today).
    If you thought that AB vs. Nathan was a thing of beauty, you should have watched Eduardo fight off those post-game questions from Jamie Lee Curtis last night....and sort-of in "English"....gotta give the guy credit for giving it a shot....and the big smile and celebration at the end of the interview translate in any language.

8. These 3 users like jokin's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-14-2014), Riverbrian (06-14-2014), stringer bell (06-14-2014)

Liked 3,170 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Is it time to be a bit worried about Dozier's back?
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

10. This user likes USAFChief's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-14-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 857 Times in 552 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    I was worried from the moment he was quoted that he had sought "treatment" from a Detroit chiropractor.

12. These 3 users like jokin's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (06-14-2014), glunn (06-14-2014), Riverbrian (06-14-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Bulls are colorblind, they charge the flapping of the cape.

14. This user likes Joe A. Preusser's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-14-2014)

Last I read he saw a chiropractor, did it not help?
    Better looking with the lights out.

Member Rookie
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    With the exception if dozier being out, I'm pretty happy/excited about the line up today.

Liked 1,295 Times in 749 Posts
    Dozier is supposed to be available off the bench.

Last year he had a similar tightness and missed 3 games (I think). Apparently his lower back doesn't like playing on artificial turf so its a good thing that the Twins have gotten back to nature.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What are the reports on Dozier? Is he improving or did he have a (dreaded) setback? He is, no doubt, the team's best player and they could use him real soon (like today).

Liked 3,170 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe A. Preusser View Post
    Bulls are colorblind, they charge the flapping of the cape.
    I've read they're upset at the sparkly WalMart clothing, since most in their country are too poor to shop at WalMart, and must make do with unsparkly Peso Generalisimo duds.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

20. These 2 users like USAFChief's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Blog Entries
    I've read they're upset at the sparkly WalMart clothing, since most in their country are too poor to shop at WalMart, and must make do with unsparkly Peso Generalisimo duds.
    I can't click El Like-o to that one, sorry.

22. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-14-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hunter's leg cramp is gone? Hmm. Maybe today's performance is one small data point in the no sex before the game hypothesis. I will be watching to see if, for example, Hunter runs through any stop signs or overthrows any cutoff men.

24. This user likes Willihammer's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (06-14-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    I will be watching to see if, for example, Hunter runs through any stop signs or overthrows any cutoff men.
    These are baseball references, I trust? Or part of your hypothesis?

26. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-14-2014)

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 207 Times in 116 Posts
    No, we should wait a couple days to start worrying, and then we'll reassess.

28. These 3 users like PseudoSABR's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (06-14-2014), GCTF (06-14-2014), Riverbrian (06-14-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    What? Too controversial? He got leg cramps making love to his wife. I assume that is why he sat out yesterday. And assume he is in today because he didn't aggravate the condition.

30. This user likes Willihammer's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-14-2014)

I just hope the offence shows up today (ours), I have a hunch we are going to need about 6 runs to win today, lets have one of those 2 run homers in the first again!!!!!!

32. This user likes longtimefan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Willihammer (06-14-2014)

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    jim rome show, beaten to death by espn1500.

34. These 2 users like stringer bell's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (06-14-2014), Riverbrian (06-14-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    jim rome show, beaten to death by espn1500.
    Ah, missed that reference. +1 to Willi for the post, +1 to you for the needed explanation.

I should have just gone with "Runs through stop signs? Overthrows the cutoff man? Giggety."

36. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-14-2014)

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast