Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dozier to Cleanup?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 287 Times in 145 Posts
    Dozier seems to have taken a step this year. Willingham has been able to get on base well for a couple years (even last year when his BA was horrendous, his OBP was like 100 points higher). Mauer has gotten on base at high levels throughout his career, not including the past two months. Those three guys need to be near the top of the lineup.

I like what someone said about Mauer then Dozier negating Dozier's speed on the bases. I, personally, would go 1. Dozier 2. Mauer 3. Willingham. If Dozier hitting so many home runs from the 1 spot is a "problem," it's a good problem to have. If we're that concerned about it, put a guy who can OBP 330-350 in the 9 spot.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,304 Times in 702 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spycake View Post
    Actually, if/when Santana/Escobar come back to earth, that might be a good time to try Mauer at leadoff!
    I've thrown this out there in the past as well, I think it has a lot of merit.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 167 Times in 88 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer07 View Post
    If we're that concerned about it, put a guy who can OBP 330-350 in the 9 spot.
    Yeah - like Aaron Hicks! He's got an OBP of .338 this year. Or Escobar if you want a little doubles power to go along with the decent OBP (.341 so far).

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 287 Times in 145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_Waved_At_Me View Post
    Yeah - like Aaron Hicks! He's got an OBP of .338 this year. Or Escobar if you want a little doubles power to go along with the decent OBP (.341 so far).
    If Hicks can OBP that high while bringing his slugging up a little, I'd be fine with him being #9

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 167 Times in 88 Posts
    BTW - Escobar has 20 doubles already. A pleasant surprise!

I'd want them to do this:

Mauer
    Santana
    Dozier
    Willingham
    Morales
    Arcia
    Escobar
    Plouffe
    Suzuki

Wouldn't even mind batting Mauer 9th, but I know that would never happen. I just feel he should be in front of Santana and Dozier right now because of the way those two are hitting.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 46 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The addition of Morales to the lineup and the way he has been hitting, makes this discussion relevant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12