Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Correia's last stand?

  1. #21
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Posts
    599
    Like
    77
    Liked 113 Times in 68 Posts
    Well, looks like Correia fared better than Custer.

  2. #22
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,999
    Like
    104
    Liked 392 Times in 206 Posts
    The Dave reverse jinx works again!

    Glad to see KC step up last night, to the people saying he was lucky....with a lineup featuring that many home run hitters...you don't just get lucky shutting them down. DeDuno is now the one on thin ice I imagine.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald


  3. #23
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,664
    Like
    3
    Liked 332 Times in 210 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Glad to see KC step up last night, to the people saying he was lucky....with a lineup featuring that many home run hitters...you don't just get lucky shutting them down. DeDuno is now the one on thin ice I imagine.
    Not to downplay Correia's performance, but any time a guy shuts down a tough lineup, then is followed by a succession of relievers who do the same, I do wonder if the tough lineup just had a bit of a collective off-day. It happens, and the Jays are particularly streaky.

    My other thought is: how much difference is there between Correia and Nolasco? Probably not 2 years, $39 million worth... looks like Correia generally performs in line with his FIP and Nolasco worse, and they're both about equal this season so far.

  4. #24
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,295
    Like
    35
    Liked 134 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    And tonight's big winner IZZZ... kab 21. Well played, SIR!

    (Sorry I didn't have time for imprinting, but hey, it's the though that counts, right? Probably one you won't post too conspicuously on your mantle.)
    I think I predicted that KC would pitch a gem in late April when there was a similar thread calling for his head. He did and we were blessed with another month. The thing is that he isn't truly bad (SSS so far). The problem is that he isn't really good either.

    It is time to give May a shot though.

  5. #25
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,718
    Like
    1,159
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Thrilled he pitched well. Not a fan of his, but I want him to prove me wrong every start.

  6. This user likes mike wants wins's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    jokin (06-11-2014)

  7. #26
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,759
    Like
    882
    Liked 858 Times in 553 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by spycake View Post
    Not to downplay Correia's performance, but any time a guy shuts down a tough lineup, then is followed by a succession of relievers who do the same, I do wonder if the tough lineup just had a bit of a collective off-day. It happens, and the Jays are particularly streaky.

    My other thought is: how much difference is there between Correia and Nolasco? Probably not 2 years, $39 million worth... looks like Correia generally performs in line with his FIP and Nolasco worse, and they're both about equal this season so far.
    After last night, Correia has now escaped the bottom of baseball's ERA losers, and Ricky Nolasco is now the Twins worst starter- 5.70 to 5.60. (For the season, Correia has the better FIP by half a run, too, 4.13 to 4.63). And your absolutelly right about the career ERA/FIP correlations. It's now past time for Ricky to step it up, or there's a new thread that needs to be started

  8. #27
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,608
    Like
    3,682
    Liked 3,170 Times in 1,357 Posts
    IMO, while I'd rather Correia was replaced, ultimately it's better all the way around if he pitches well...better for the W/L record, better for potential trades, and better to have options in AAA. So go KC!
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

  9. #28
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    313
    Like
    4
    Liked 42 Times in 28 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Deduno hasn't been as good as I expected but still has been solid besides that horrible last start. He earned the chance to come back.

    With Lirianos injury & KCs last promising start the twins should be looking to move him to Pitt now. DFA Burton & Guerrier & call up May to start with Meyer & Pino replacing the relievers.

    This bullpen goes from good to elite.

  10. #29
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,295
    Like
    35
    Liked 134 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor0333 View Post
    Deduno hasn't been as good as I expected but still has been solid besides that horrible last start. He earned the chance to come back.

    With Lirianos injury & KCs last promising start the twins should be looking to move him to Pitt now. DFA Burton & Guerrier & call up May to start with Meyer & Pino replacing the relievers.

    This bullpen goes from good to elite.
    Why are we excited about a 31 yr old RP'ing prospect?

    It's too early to convert Meyer to a RP'er. If you do it now then he won't be able to handle a full season's innings next year.

    I'm not sure the Twins can give KC away despite his one solid start.

  11. This user likes kab21's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    stringer bell (06-11-2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.