Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Twins Owner Supports Ron Gardenhire, Terry Ryan?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts

Twins Owner Supports Ron Gardenhire, Terry Ryan?

That means you are in trouble and getting the ax eventually. A vote of confidence when you suck is really a vote of no confidence. Just get Ryan out of here before the draft so he doesn't screw that up. Only problem who do you get to replace him this late into the season.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,180 Times in 627 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darin617 View Post
    That means you are in trouble and getting the ax eventually. A vote of confidence when you suck is really a vote of no confidence. Just get Ryan out of here before the draft so he doesn't screw that up. Only problem who do you get to replace him this late into the season.
    That's just one example of why your comment is asinine.

So I would guess you would be in favor of giving both stooges 5 year extensions for all their great accomplishments.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Agreed. That is one stupid comment....and I'm not a Ryan fan.

So I would guess you would be in favor of giving both stooges 5 year extensions for all their great accomplishments.
    Hmmmm, don't recall saying that....looking again at my post, nope don't see that comment. What I'm saying is if anyone really thinks getting rid of Terry Ryan is going to change what is collectively wrong with this team, especially at this point, is seriously wrong.

The stooges comment is good, I'm pretty sure that's what you were saying when they were winning the division with regularity, somehow they just completely forgot everything they know about baseball. I'm glad our owner has some integrity, conviction and patience, it's the sign of a good leader, unlike someone who can't tell an acorn from the sky.

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Without attacking or defending the comment, I sympathize with Darin's anger and frustration.

We fans pay our hard earned money and spend our precious time to see what should be a quality effort. What we saw in tonight's game was nauseating.

What I hate to see is fans turning on each other. We are united by a common mania or we would not be here. We all dream of a Twins World Series and the White Sox losing 162 games in a row. We often disagree about how to get there, but it should be possible to blow off some steam in here without turning on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Hmmmm, don't recall saying that....looking again at my post, nope don't see that comment. What I'm saying is if anyone really thinks getting rid of Terry Ryan is going to change what is collectively wrong with this team, especially at this point, is seriously wrong.

The stooges comment is good, I'm pretty sure that's what you were saying when they were winning the division with regularity, somehow they just completely forgot everything they know about baseball. I'm glad our owner has some integrity, conviction and patience, it's the sign of a good leader, unlike someone who can't tell an acorn from the sky.
    So, I guess you want to tell me how great the AL Central was all those years. I also forgot about all those playoff victories Gardy has or should we say HAD. I wanted him gone after all those embarrassing years in the playoffs against NYY.

So, I guess you want to tell me how great the AL Central was all those years. I also forgot about all those playoff victories Gardy has or should we say HAD. I wanted him gone after all those embarrassing years in the playoffs against NYY.
    Which would have been another knee-jerk bad decision.

Which would have been another knee-jerk bad decision.
    Get out your fancy calculator and tell me how many years ago was 1991?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I don't support the Twins ownership. Man I wish they'd sell the team to someone who wants to win.

Get out your fancy calculator and tell me how many years ago was 1991?

Ummmmm, 21, is that a trick question? I didn't even need my calculator, where did you go to school?

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ding! Ding! twinsnorth49 defeats darin617 by TKO.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 193 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Ding! Ding! twinsnorth49 defeats darin617 by TKO.
    Nicely done.

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We ALL won tonight. Let's hope that this can become a streak and we have stuff to talk about that is more fun.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    We ALL won tonight. Let's hope that this can become a streak and we have stuff to talk about that is more fun.
    Yes, the Twins won tonight, and the fact of the matter is everyone would be quite pleasant and at peace if the Twins did that more than they didn't. But, embrace these times on Twins Daily. Losing and chaos creates more subject matter and Evokes passion, anger, and mental instability. In a perfect world things will turn around and we will play .500 ball. The reality is we are going to struggle for a few more years... and the posts tonight... will be Uber normal for the duration.

I thought Gardy managed a great game tonight, really did a good job of sitting there and letting his players play. I do question his tactics in telling Valencia to hack away like a high schooler but his obvious influence on Diamond was evident. Ron was clearly the difference in the game tonight.

Blog Entries
    I thought Gardy managed a great game tonight, really did a good job of sitting there and letting his players play. I do question his tactics in telling Valencia to hack away like a high schooler but his obvious influence on Diamond was evident. Ron was clearly the difference in the game tonight.
    I agree with you twinsnorth49. They also seemed to be wearing their uniforms a bit more precise. Maybe Gardy buttoned their jerseys and he straightened their caps appropriately. Valencia on the other hand is a vagrant and slouch. I think the Twins should trade him to the "Jersey Shores" program - for a player to never be named later.

Liked 2,201 Times in 1,242 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I agree with you twinsnorth49. They also seemed to be wearing their uniforms a bit more precise. Maybe Gardy buttoned their jerseys and he straightened their caps appropriately. Valencia on the other hand is a vagrant and slouch. I think the Twins should trade him to the "Jersey Shores" program - for a player to never be named later.
    You obviously didn't see that strap hanging loose from Butera's leg pad. Why Gardy allows that, I'll never know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    You obviously didn't see that strap hanging loose from Butera's leg pad. Why Gardy allows that, I'll never know.
    Damn it River Brian. You should have informed me of this earlier! Now i am going to have egg on my face.

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This cracked me up.