Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Reusse's Rant

  1. #1
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,588
    Like
    199
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    33

    Reusse's Rant

    Patrick, ever the contrarian, argues that we fans shouldn't be griping about signing Morales. I pretty much agree.

    http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/262321031.html

    Does anyone know when we can expert to see Morales actually playing?

  2. #2
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,842
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,429
    Liked 1,948 Times in 1,139 Posts
    They said that they would watch his BP and when he's ready, he's ready. So who knows?

  3. #3
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,685
    Like
    2,656
    Liked 3,308 Times in 1,755 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    I wasn't sure who Reusse might be writing this article for until I read the comments section on the Star Trib site. Whew.

  4. #4
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,620
    Like
    70
    Liked 384 Times in 235 Posts
    Reusse and Dan Barreiro drive me crazy with this crap. 10% of fans complain about a topic like this and these guys have to complain about the complaining.

    Wow, so damn sorry that you can't get 100% agreement among fans. Some people will complain about anything, why is that news? Others may have concerns about Pinto's playing time or a Vargas promotion. So what? This is the small minority, stop complaining about the complainers. They will always be there, and frankly, this kind of makes you one of them.

  5. These 4 users like nicksaviking's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    DocBauer (06-09-2014), gil4 (06-09-2014), Highabove (06-09-2014), tarheeltwinsfan (06-09-2014)

  6. #5
    Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Posts
    440
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Like
    116
    Liked 98 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    I wasn't sure who Reusse might be writing this article for until I read the comments section on the Star Trib site. Whew.
    That's a lively bunch of commentors! Not many that I'd be inclined to have a baseball conversation with.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pleiss View Post
    That's a lively bunch of commentors! Not many that I'd be inclined to have a baseball conversation with.
    I'm trying to remember -- how does that old saying go??
    Oh yea...
    #DontReadTheComments

    Unbelievable. Makes me glad (as always) for TwinsDaily.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

  8. This user likes Twins Fan From Afar's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    tarheeltwinsfan (06-09-2014)

  9. #7
    Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Posts
    1,054
    Like
    1,665
    Liked 494 Times in 288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Reusse and Dan Barreiro drive me crazy with this crap. 10% of fans complain about a topic like this and these guys have to complain about the complaining.

    Wow, so damn sorry that you can't get 100% agreement among fans. Some people will complain about anything, why is that news? Others may have concerns about Pinto's playing time or a Vargas promotion. So what? This is the small minority, stop complaining about the complainers. They will always be there, and frankly, this kind of makes you one of them.
    You got it.

    Here's another variation:

    "The same fans that demanded Hicks play every day in the majors to get experience, are now complaining that he wasn't sent to AAA to work on his fundamentals."

    um, no. Those would be different fans, bud.

  10. #8
    Senior Member Triple-A D. Hocking's Avatar
    Posts
    283
    Like
    54
    Liked 393 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pleiss View Post
    That's a lively bunch of commentors! Not many that I'd be inclined to have a baseball conversation with.
    I am thinking there are not many I would want to have a non-baseball conversation with either.

  11. This user likes D. Hocking's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    jimv2 (06-09-2014)

  12. #9
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,723
    Like
    1,159
    Liked 568 Times in 372 Posts
    Why read it if it drives you crazy? Why not just ignore it. You'll be happier.....
    Lighten up Francis....

  13. This user likes mike wants wins's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    tarheeltwinsfan (06-09-2014)

  14. #10
    Senior Member All-Star crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    1,229
    Twitter
    @crarko
    Like
    156
    Liked 782 Times in 411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Why read it if it drives you crazy? Why not just ignore it. You'll be happier.....
    One of the oddest quirks of human nature is the strange desire to watch train wrecks. We're a funny bunch of primates.
    Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

  15. This user likes crarko's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    gil4 (06-09-2014)

  16. #11
    I love Reusse but he's wrong. Nobody's complaining about this signing. You'd have to be a complete idiot to find fault with this signing. Reusse must have run out of material.

  17. #12
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    200
    Like
    13
    Liked 56 Times in 22 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    It's quite a pleasure to agree/disagree with the community here, and know that I'd enjoy a beer and a lively conversation with members here.
    I will one day successfully sneak onto the Sportive Podcast, and have nothing intelligent to say or add to the conversation.

  18. These 2 users like LimestoneBaggy's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    jokin (06-09-2014), tarheeltwinsfan (06-09-2014)

  19. #13
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    198
    Like
    2
    Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
    Reusse's articles generally read like a middle school report, with the topics assigned to him by the Twins' FO. I don't know why anyone would take him much more seriously than the comments on there.

  20. #14
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    132
    Like
    31
    Liked 42 Times in 32 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    One of the oddest quirks of human nature is the strange desire to watch train wrecks. We're a funny bunch of primates.
    What did we do before the invention of trains, I wonder. It must have been rough in them olden days.

  21. #15
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,621
    Like
    3,697
    Liked 3,188 Times in 1,365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    Reusse's articles generally read like a middle school report, with the topics assigned to him by the Twins' FO. I don't know why anyone would take him much more seriously than the comments on there.
    Like or dislike Reusse, I seriously doubt he takes instructions from the Twins on what to write about.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

  22. These 2 users like USAFChief's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    benchwarmerjim (06-09-2014), WLFINN (06-09-2014)

  23. #16
    Senior Member All-Star LaBombo's Avatar
    Posts
    2,821
    Like
    1,650
    Liked 1,681 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Like or dislike Reusse, I seriously doubt he takes instructions from the Twins on what to write about.
    Neither he nor Souhan seem particularly concerned about tempering criticism of the organization for fear of lesser access to updates and interviews. That has a value to readers all its own, regardless of the rest.

  24. #17
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    198
    Like
    2
    Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Like or dislike Reusse, I seriously doubt he takes instructions from the Twins on what to write about.
    I mean thats how they read, not that they actually are assigned to him.

  25. This user likes S.'s post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    USAFChief (06-09-2014)

  26. #18
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,621
    Like
    3,697
    Liked 3,188 Times in 1,365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    I mean thats how they read, not that they actually are assigned to him.
    My bad.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

  27. #19
    Senior Member All-Star crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    1,229
    Twitter
    @crarko
    Like
    156
    Liked 782 Times in 411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapTheNickname View Post
    What did we do before the invention of trains, I wonder. It must have been rough in them olden days.
    Ever see Ben-Hur? It's always something.
    Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

  28. #20
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    288
    Like
    10
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    There's always so much hand wringing no matter the decision the Twins make. It's just part of being fans of Minnesota sports, always waiting for the worst

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.