Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Moving On

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,749 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Like the others who have posted, I enjoyed your posts very much. Stick around and keep contributing.

I never wanted to even hint at this before now, because, well, why. But I have to say that this outcome does not surprise me. There was always a tone, I'll call it melancholy, in your writing here that presaged a crisis or decision soon to come. I say that only to reinforce that IMO this decision has been brewing for quite some time, whether you realized it explicitly or not, and thus it surely is a solid one that comes from the heart. So, very best wishes to you in your next phase and proceed with confidence - I'll also echo the others who said that I'm sure you'll make your mark.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    I've enjoyed your writing AJ and hope you continue to contribute to Twins Daily. I wish you the best and respect the decision you made. You got a chance to chase a dream that few are able to and you give it your best, for that you should be proud.

Liked 391 Times in 259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks AJ. It has been a pleasure reading your work, and I hope to continue to read it. It has also been a pleasure to follow your work as a ball player. I am confident that your zeal and conviction will carry you well through the next steps in your journey.

Senior Member Triple-A Don't Feed the Greed Guy's Avatar
    Liked 219 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for chasing a dream, and walking away at the right time. As one reader who can only imagine what it's like to play baseball at such a high level, I thank you for telling me what it's like. I thank you for visiting with my boys among the mosquitoes outside the Rock Cats' clubhouse door, long after most of your teammates had left for the night.

Two of my dear friends played minor league ball. One went on to invent a breakfast cereal that feeds America's kids every morning. Another has made a career of turning floundering Boys & Girls Clubs into difference makers in low income, multicultural communities. He's a troubleshooter, who applies the hard work he learned on a baseball diamond, everyday.

AJ, I will look forward to seeing where God takes you. Keep writing. Tell your story. May your great gifts meet the world's great need. (paraphrase from Fredrick Buechner).

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 488 Times in 285 Posts
    Best wishes. It's a privilege to be in this community with you.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    AJ, thanks for your excellent write-ups on baseball and on your perspective on sports in your life. Your articles have been a pleasure to read, so I hope you keep letting us in on your perceptions. Your writing has a friendly, sociable style that I'm sure reflects the kind of guy you are. I hope your life's adventures are as interesting and enjoyable as what you have shared with Twins Daily.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    AJ, I've really enjoyed your articles posted here on TD. I got to watch you play some last year in Ft Myers, and every year in spring training. Met your wife this spring down there, she's a keeper! You've lived the dream that this guy had from about 6 years old, and done well. The best of luck to you in what ever the future brings.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As I said earlier - I wish you the best AJ. That being said: I would love to know your prospect rankings for the Twins as you had the pleasure to watch and play with these guys in Spring Training and beyond. I hope you stay involved with Twins Daily becuase like Jeremy said - You give such a different perspective on the make up of these guys as a true insider. I don't want you to lose friendships over your thoughts but would love to hear a more personal outlook on the TWins future (from 1 man's view).

Very simply, thank you.

When I saw you had retired from professional baseball, I will admit I was sad. I will miss cheering you on at the Rock Cats, but have to thank you for allowing me to have so much fun being your fan. You always seemed so happy at the games, and I appreciate that you would take the time to wave and say hello. I wish I had gotten the chance to say hi one more time this season. You always seemed so grateful and excited to be playing. I know you'll be able to find a new passion that you will love greatly. I wish you luck in whatever journey you tackle next, and hope for nothing but the best for you and your family. I will always be your fan, Kayla.

11. These 2 users like kaylaxmarie18's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

JB_Iowa (06-08-2014), Seth Stohs (06-08-2014)

AJ, I saw you play in NB and you hit a double down the line. I think I cheered harder for that than when Vargas hit one out. You're a great writer and it has been a pleasure reading your posts. Rarely does a fan get such an insightful inside angle from a professional athlete.

Thank you.

AJ: I echo all the comments already written. Foremost, thanks for putting your writings on Twins Daily, I enjoyed every one of them. Best of luck with your future and I hope you find the time to post here every once in a while.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 806 Times in 508 Posts
    Blog Entries
    AJ: Best of luck to you in whatever it is you decide to do. I'm sure this was a difficult decision, but from the sounds of it, you were ready to do it. I do hope you stay in touch here and continue posting from time to time.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    My best wishes to you. Congratulations on your excellent achievements and thank you very much for sharing your fascinating baseball stories.

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 197 Times in 97 Posts
    Very poignant. Best to you in your next step, whatever it may be.

Liked 85 Times in 63 Posts
    All the best and please continue to post here.
    You can give insight that these "never played professionally bloggers" can't...lol!
    On to your next dream and again thanks for sharing the baseball one, with us,

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 371 Times in 196 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerr View Post
    All the best and please continue to post here.
    You can give insight that these "never played professionally bloggers" can't...lol!
    On to your next dream and again thanks for sharing the baseball one, with us,
    Amen!! I think the perspectives of those who actually played are so valuable...

Liked 2,280 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Everything written by you has been appreciated by me. You served as a reminder that ballplayers like yourself are flesh and blood and not a collection of numbers. It's not the numbers that make baseball great... It's the flesh and blood.

There are crossroads in life that we all have faced and will face in the future. Wherever your path takes you... Your support that you thanked will always walk along with you and this makes you a rich man.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12