Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Maybe this year, maybe next year," he said. "But that's the dream."

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Just a terrific write-up, jokin, thanks. And thanks, Halsey. Love the stories from you, so keep 'em coming.

2. This user likes birdwatcher's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (06-09-2014)

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
    Regarding Laws comment. It came from his May 30th chat:

Paul (Dallas, TX)

Thoughts on Kennys Vargas (New Britain - Twins) making it to The Show this year and projection as a pro hitter?
    Klaw (3:09 PM)

AAAA guy for me. Certainly not a 1b. Only one 1b in the majors clocking in at three hundred bills right now and he's on the DL.

I've been a little skeptical of Vargas up until this year. He seems to definitely be showing something at AA this year. I wonder how much Law has really paid attention to Vargas this year, especially with all the draft work. Vargas' season has definitely been solid and encouraging for Twins' prospect followers, but maybe not so loud for national analysts such as Law to really take notice.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 53 Times in 21 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps a comparison study with Randy Ruiz would change KLaw's mind? But seriously, it would be fantastic if Vargas could develop into a everyday major league-caliber player. Would go a long way to developing a contender.
    I will one day successfully sneak onto the Sportive Podcast, and have nothing intelligent to say or add to the conversation.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 859 Times in 553 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitz View Post
    Regarding Laws comment. It came from his May 30th chat:

Paul (Dallas, TX)

Thoughts on Kennys Vargas (New Britain - Twins) making it to The Show this year and projection as a pro hitter?
    Klaw (3:09 PM)

AAAA guy for me. Certainly not a 1b. Only one 1b in the majors clocking in at three hundred bills right now and he's on the DL.

I've been a little skeptical of Vargas up until this year. He seems to definitely be showing something at AA this year. I wonder how much Law has really paid attention to Vargas this year, especially with all the draft work. Vargas' season has definitely been solid and encouraging for Twins' prospect followers, but maybe not so loud for national analysts such as Law to really take notice.
    Can Twins Fan From Afar be certain to have this above tacked onto Kennys' locker, if it hasn't been already? (translated into Spanish, of course, with a dart board face of Klaw):

https://roadto90.wordpress.com/2011/04/
    Last edited by jokin; 06-09-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Liked 1,295 Times in 749 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Can Twins Fan From Afar be certain to have this above tacked onto Kennys' locker, if it hasn't been already? (translated into Spanish, of course, with a dart board face of Klaw)
    They should just put that dartboard face in the centerfield stands and give him something to aim for.

7. These 2 users like JB_Iowa's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (06-10-2014), Tibs (06-09-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    They should just put that dartboard face in the centerfield stands and give him something to aim for.
    I'm heading there this weekend to do an interview. I'll see if I can put it up there
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

9. These 2 users like Twins Fan From Afar's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

JB_Iowa (06-09-2014), jokin (06-10-2014)

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitz View Post
    Only one 1b in the majors clocking in at three hundred bills right now and he's on the DL..
    I think that

Adam Dunn
    Ryan Howard
    Miguel Cabrera
    (to mention a few not named Ortiz)

would beg to differ. The issue with Fielder is that he is 5'10" and 300 lbs. Vargas is a better first baseman (with the glove) that the 4 aforementioned and with Mauer on the team, Kennys will likely replace Kendrys at DH.

I don't know when Law saw Vargas play last
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 77 Times in 58 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I actually asked Klaw that question...glad to see everyone else here had the same thoughts.

As the thought bubble was more than just Prince, granted, I'd take Prince's first 8 years of production for Vargas without shedding a tear!

But Frank Thomas, and of course, Vargas' own personal mentor, David Ortiz.

But even so, was hoping for a more specific analysis. "doesn't generate enough bat speed" or "poor pitch recognition" versus comparing him to a perennial all-star who's over 300 lbs, but currently injured.

Thrylos says he can hit now...I hope Thrylos is right, not Klaw.
    Last edited by twinsfan34; 06-09-2014 at 09:10 PM.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 859 Times in 553 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Fan From Afar View Post
    I'm heading there this weekend to do an interview. I'll see if I can put it up there
    Anxiously looking forward to your article, Andrew. How's your Spanish? Hope you can get a face-to-face with Kennys and Eddie for starters, for sure. New Britain (or wherever the AA affiliate lands) is going to be the Twins minor league place to be for the next few years. Better order some more dart boards!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12