Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Don Zimmer and the HOF

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 507 Times in 198 Posts
    Blog Entries

Don Zimmer and the HOF

I have to admit, I was very saddened to hear about the passing of Don Zimmer.

Maybe I am feeling a bit melancholy because of this event, but because of Zimmer's contributions to the game of Major League Baseball the last 66 years, I believe there is a place for him the HOF - not as a player, or as a manager, but as a teacher and ambassador of Major League Baseball.

Don Zimmer, seemingly has seen it all, and he has picked the minds of Pre-Golden aged Greats, Golden aged Greats and the greats that followed them. His dedication and his passion for baseball stand alone - not to forget, he has been a strong part in Historical events in the MLB.

Don Zimmer's dedication and teachings exemplifies the spirit of baseball and he should be given the greatest honor a baseball man deserves.... induction into the Hall of Fame.

Don Zimmer is the essence of MLB.

2. These 2 users like Bark's Lounge's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

JB_Iowa (06-06-2014), USAFChief (06-06-2014)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 220 Times in 140 Posts
    I agree. I think there are a number of baseball lifers whose combined work with MLB should be recognized. Buck O'Niel, Jim Kaat, Don Zimmer etc.

4. This user likes gunnarthor's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Bark's Lounge (06-06-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 507 Times in 198 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    I agree. I think there are a number of baseball lifers whose combined work with MLB should be recognized. Buck O'Niel, Jim Kaat, Don Zimmer etc.
    I am dumbfounded that Buck O'Neill is not in the HOF. I believe Jim Kaat eventually gets in as a player with the Veteran's Committee. I hope O'Neill gets in as I wish for Zimmer - as an All-Time Great Ambassador to Baseball.

Buck O'Neill is a legend!

he is in the HOF, larger than most

http://baseballhall.org/museum/awards/buck-oneil

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 167 Times in 88 Posts
    Zimmer seems like he would be a fitting nominee for the Buck O'Neil award . . .