Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Notebook

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Notebook

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Twins outfield prospect Joe Benson has been demoted from Triple-A Rochester to Double-A New Britain.

Benson was batting just .179/.269/.316 with two home runs and 27 strikeouts through his first 28 games this season at the Triple-A level. He climbed all the way to the majors last year but seems doubtful to do it in 2012.

Source: Dustin Morse on Twitter

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Fort Myers has 30 hits and 25 runs in the past 2 days.

Won today (monday) 12-3. Anderson Hidalgo a Grand Slam and 6 RBIs in the game.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Good stuff, as always, Seth. Thanks....thinking about what might be seems more fun than thinking about what is right now...even where what might be is scary.
    Lighten up Francis....

Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good: I think that one of the most pleasant (for me) and totally under the radar surprises so far is Dan Turpen (of Kevin Slowey trade infamy) who is having a career season at New Britain: 16 IP 15 H 0 BB 18 K, and is part of their ring around the rosie closer situation.

Bad: Mark Dolenc. Threepeating New Britain at age 27 he is hitting below the Butera line: .147/.171/.147 Unfortunately I do not see much of a future for him, given the OF depth of the organization. I suspect that as soon as the first promotions happen, he will be cut.

Other: Deolis Guerra's BAA is . 152 and Anthony Slama's .163, but their BABIPs are .238 and .320 respectively; however Guerra allowed only 2 BB in 19.1 IP and Slama 10 in 14.1 IP, so if I'd have to pick one for future success it would be very difficult.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

All I can say is that if a player is hungry enough to be a major league player, that should be motivation to shine in the minors. If a player has but ocne chance to make the majors, this (and maybe next) would be the time because of default or a little sunshine moment.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 21 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Turpen has 0 walks and 18k's