Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Brewers@Twins 6/4 7:10PM

Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries

Game Thread: Brewers@Twins 6/4 7:10PM

Game-time forecast: Mostly clear. Winds blowing in from left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature near 75.

First you list a hitter and then you list a hitter who bats after that and another after that and another after that and another after that and another after that and another after that and another after that and another after that. Stop right there... You get no more. ChiTown will fill in the "Another after thats".

Okay, Bri ... and here are the 'after thats'

Brewers:
    SP, Estrada

Segura SS
    Braun RF
    Lucroy C
    Gomez CF
    Ramirez DH
    Weeks 2B
    Reynolds 3B
    Overbay 1B
    Schafer LF

Twins:
    SP, Nolasco

Santana CF
    Dozier 2B
    Mauer 1B
    Willingham LF
    Arcia RF
    Plouffe 3B
    Suzuki C
    Pinto DH (<faints!>)
    Escobar SS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things to Think About:

1. Airplanes -- Typically when teams play the final games of a series. They board an airplane bound for different directions. The current 4 game series with the Brewers is different because both the Brewers and Twins have to leave Milwaukee and fly to the Twin Cities. I wonder if they flew on the same plane. I wonder if they hung out together in the same terminal... the same gate. I wonder if they gathered together and placed bets on the exact time flights from other cities would land. I wonder if Carlos Gomez correctly nailed the exact time... the flight from Miami would land and I wonder if Glen Perkins got into his face after he stared at the board too long afterwards.

2. Marco Estrada -- For the 2nd game in a row... The Brewers will be tossing a starting pitcher from Mexico. Marco was born in Ciudad Obregon in Northern Mexico... Just about 6 hours straight south of Tucson. Marco may have been born there but he moved with his mother to California as a young boy. I don't have exact figures but I believe that Marco and his mom were a couple of a handful of immigrants from Mexico that settled in California. He played high school baseball in the L.A. area and he played junior college ball in the L.A. area and College ball at Long Beach State in the L.A. area. He was drafted by the Washington Nationals in the 6th round. His minor league career started shortly afterwards in Vermont. The very second he arrived in Vermont... he noticed that there was a difference between Vermont and the L.A. area especially after running into Larry and his brother Daryl and his other brother Daryl. When I've seen him pitch... he can strike you out. He can also lay some cookies in there for a team to enjoy.

3. Ricky Nolasco -- Hasn't smoothly destroyed opposition batters but he has kept the Twins within striking distance in 5 of his last 6 starts. His 5.70 ERA looks terrible but the numbers are where they are because of a few starts were he looked real real bad. Which Nolasco shows up tonight will go a long way toward winning tonight.

4. Aramis Ramirez -- Ramirez has been on the D.L. with a hamstring issue since early May and he is supposed to return to the lineup today in the DH spot. When you purchase a ham at a supermarket... They are typically bound by a string. The reason for this... the world has produced too much string and doesn't know what to do with it. The excess string has caused problems with many athletes forcing them on to the disabled list. Aramis Ramirez is back today and by being in the lineup... He becomes another weapon.

5. Advice from Elders -- My dad was always a good source of advice. He has lived a long time and that experience was always a gold mine to turn to. Lately... My dad has become much more forgetful but it doesn't mean that his advice isn't still valuable. One Day my dad took me aside and left me there.
    Last edited by ChiTownTwinsFan; 06-04-2014 at 04:33 PM.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

2. These 4 users like Riverbrian's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Circus Boy (06-04-2014), glunn (06-04-2014), JB_Iowa (06-04-2014), Sconnie (06-04-2014)

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 50 Times in 29 Posts
    Zukes AND Pinto! This might be the best lineup Gardy has put together all season (offensively anyway, not sure that the defense in the OF will do Nolasco too many favors).

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 280 Times in 152 Posts
    Hmmm...not sure Gardy has thought this through properly. If Suzuki gets hurt, doesn't that mean that...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 288 Times in 146 Posts
    I guess if we're gonna have both catchers in the lineup, we should get both SS in there too

Liked 1,296 Times in 750 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    3. Ricky Nolasco -- Hasn't smoothly destroyed opposition batters but he has kept the Twins within striking distance in 5 of his last 6 starts. His 5.70 ERA looks terrible but the numbers are where they are because of a few starts were he looked real real bad. Which Nolasco shows up tonight will go a long way toward winning tonight.
    I thought if I looked at his season splits, we'd see gradual improvement but alas, that really isn't the case.

i guess we simply need to hope that his last game was a harbinger of good things to come.

Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I really like seeing Santana getting a chance with the Twins. I really don't like that it has mainly been in CF.
    I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

8. This user likes Tibs's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (06-04-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 490 Times in 286 Posts
    Similar to Pinto always catching Deduno, everyone knows that Santana is Nolasco's personal center fielder

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 272 Times in 133 Posts
    That Lucroy sure kills us. Hit .356 against Twins pitching in the past 3 years, and OPS is 1.008. Good numbers for him. Bad for us.

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 342 Times in 167 Posts
    Gardy after putting both catchers in the lineup aged 20 years. The stress of it all.

This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

12. These 6 users like Winston Smith's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (06-04-2014), Circus Boy (06-04-2014), Hosken Bombo Disco (06-04-2014), JB_Iowa (06-04-2014), Riverbrian (06-04-2014), snepp (06-04-2014)

Never shall the goatee be shaved, however

14. This user likes Hosken Bombo Disco's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-04-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 272 Times in 133 Posts
    Nice start for Nolasco.

Uh oh. Mauer batting with RISP...

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosken Bombo Disco View Post
    Uh oh. Mauer batting with RISP...
    In the Sports On Earth article on Dozier, I found this paragraph hilarious:

Nor is Dozier, visually, someone who looks like a power threat. He's listed at 5-foot-11, 190 pounds. See his 6-5 teammate Joe Mauer walk past him, and you'd figure Mauer is the home run leader on the Twins, but it is Dozier who leads the team in home runs with 11.

19. This user likes JB_Iowa's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-04-2014)

The power of home field.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 864 Times in 555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDean View Post
    Zukes AND Pinto! This might be the best lineup Gardy has put together all season (offensively anyway, not sure that the defense in the OF will do Nolasco too many favors).
    I think he's growing accustomed to that fact.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 864 Times in 555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer07 View Post
    I guess if we're gonna have both catchers in the lineup, we should get both SS in there too
    Actually all THREE, and Gardy's tried that one at least once, already.

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,945 Times in 1,139 Posts
    I want a Gardy gnome.

24. This user likes ChiTownTwinsFan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-04-2014)

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ugh. Still couldn't score him.

Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    The power of home field.
    Dozier called out stealing third, overruled to safe, Mauer soft liner to shallow right for second out. Good grief...

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast