Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Adam Walker

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,904 Times in 1,113 Posts

Adam Walker

Since I'm down in Ft. Myers a lot, I check the News-Press from time to time. Came across this nice article on Adam Walker today. At the end of the Miracle's season last year, many of the few in the crowd were already talking about him and hoping he'd be there next year. Guess they are having some fun watching him play so far this year.

2. This user likes ChiTownTwinsFan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Tibs (06-01-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 75 Times in 56 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good read. Thanks for sharing. He may learn the strike zone with the type of attitude/mentality he has. Which is refreshing vs a 'hot shot' thinking he can hit anything type - so much like Buxton, you have some hope because he sounds like a guy who will do what he's told (aka take coaching). He may not be "developing" as quickly as many might like, but his age is below his level despite having gone to college. A little behind the 'star' prospects, as he's 22 this year. Given he may just lead the FSL in HRs and RBIs, it'd be nice if every level he stops at he leads the league in homers.

Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I agree with your assessment of his make up. Good Article.

Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I really hope he can play for the Twins one day.
    I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer amjgt's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    I know that he started the year slowly, but when Buxton made that same jump last year he struggled for the first month, then he set the world on fire.

Because Buxton was a super-prospect and young for the league he got a pass. "He'll figure it out. He's just adjusting to better pitching." It fit the narrative.

With Adam Brett Walker he isn't a super prospect (although he's put up super numbers). The narrative is different. People are expecting him to fail more. So when he struggle for the first month, it wasn't "He'll figure it out. He's just adjusting to better pitching." Instead it was "see, I told you his production wasn't sustainable." It fit the narrative.