Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Game Thread: Twins@Yankees 5/30 6:05PM

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

2. This user likes crarko's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (05-30-2014)

Liked 397 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    My Mom calls me. I tell her the Twins are killing the Yankees. She says, well why didn't you call me and tell me, and hangs up.
    i had a similar experience.

Bottom of the 9th, one out, my wife walks into the living room and says "Holy Crap! We're gonna best the Yankees, that never happens"

4. These 2 users like Sconnie's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Gibby (05-30-2014), Riverbrian (05-30-2014)

Liked 1,678 Times in 838 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Physical Therapist
    When I was a little kid, Mayo physicians told my mom she would never walk again after a terrible car accident that nearly claimed her life. In their defense, they were not aware of how rapidly PT had advanced and what it was capable of.

But decades later, with the aid of a cane, true grit that would make Rooster blush, and months of intensive, sometimes excruciating PT, she has worn out a boatload of shoes doing what the best doctors in the world said she couldn't.

So tell your son congratulations from some random goofball on the internet. Or maybe leave out the random and the goofball. He's your kid, you decide. And congrats to you too.

6. These 6 users like LaBombo's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Gibby (05-30-2014), JB_Iowa (05-31-2014), longstrangetrip (05-30-2014), Riverbrian (05-30-2014), Sconnie (05-30-2014), WLFINN (05-30-2014)

Liked 2,296 Times in 1,288 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    When I was a little kid, Mayo physicians told my mom she would never walk again after a terrible car accident that nearly claimed her life. In their defense, they were not aware of how rapidly PT had advanced and what it was capable of.

But decades later, with the aid of a cane, true grit that would make Rooster blush, and months of intensive, sometimes excruciating PT, she has worn out a boatload of shoes doing what the best doctors in the world said she couldn't.

So tell your son congratulations from some random goofball on the internet. Or maybe leave out the random and the goofball. He's your kid, you decide. And congrats to you too.
    Thanks I will.

That's a great story... I love good endings like that... Just another example of how Mom's Rock.

8. This user likes Riverbrian's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (05-30-2014)

Liked 924 Times in 563 Posts

That says a lot about your Mom too. I owe a pretty big debt to a couple of physical therapists myself.

10. This user likes Gibby's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (05-30-2014)

Liked 397 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries

I've had the love/hate relationship with my PT for 30 years. The hard work that those men and women have put into helping me as as an amputee has been invaluable. PT is a b***h, but without it and those people, I would be a "cripple". Instead I feel that I am a happy, successful person. For me it is work with my prosthetic arm, that becomes all new every year or two. It's not as profound as mobility, but my life has been enriched by improved articulation technology and improved kinesiology techniques, both of which are implemented in my life by the folks who coach and work with me in physical therapy.

12. These 7 users like Sconnie's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Halsey Hall (05-31-2014), JB_Iowa (05-31-2014), jokin (05-31-2014), LaBombo (05-30-2014), Longdistancetwins (05-30-2014), longstrangetrip (05-30-2014), Riverbrian (05-30-2014)

Blog Entries
    Not exactly Hughesian efficiency or elusiveness (more Gibsonian, really), but Nolasco got the job done against the team that is scissors to the Twins' paper...

14. This user likes LaBombo's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (05-30-2014)

Now that you mention it, my mom was singing the praises of her physical therapist just tonight.

16. These 3 users like Longdistancetwins's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (05-30-2014), Riverbrian (05-30-2014), Sconnie (05-30-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer07 View Post
    Nolasco allows almost two baserunners per inning and only gives up one run? Witchcraft.

Wicked, or...

18. These 3 users like LaBombo's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (05-31-2014), Riverbrian (05-30-2014), snepp (05-30-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer amjgt's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    That means lucky, right?

OK... now I want to watch Tombstone

20. These 2 users like amjgt's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (05-30-2014), snepp (05-30-2014)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112