Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It is offically time for a change.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    No more scholarships.......
    Lighten up Francis....

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    • RandBall ‏@RandBall 2m
      It's been exactly 4 weeks since Jason Kubel had an RBI or an extra base hit. 9 for 60 in that span, .150 slugging.

How long can this keep going on?
    I believe he has a roster bonus due this week. Kubel may be a good guy, but he has to hit more than he has since his early splash in April. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was dispatched on Wednesday.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    I respectfully disagree with this opinion. If people dont like the manager or coaches or gm, there are other things to do. The lynx are pretty good. Maybe other people with different opinions can go watch them. I mean this with all due respect and would never want to offend anyone because i disagree with their views. Go twins and lynx.

Also hbo is pretty sweet.
    In other words, if you do not like the way your governor is running your state, you should move to Wisconsin?

Nothing respectful about that

What is the lynx?
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

4. This user likes Thrylos's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (05-30-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 287 Times in 145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    • RandBall ‏@RandBall 2m
      It's been exactly 4 weeks since Jason Kubel had an RBI or an extra base hit. 9 for 60 in that span, .150 slugging.

How long can this keep going on?
    Is this a dare?!?

6. These 3 users like Beezer07's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

chuchadoro (05-30-2014), Hosken Bombo Disco (05-30-2014), JB_Iowa (05-30-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    I respectfully disagree with this opinion. If people dont like the manager or coaches or gm, there are other things to do. The lynx are pretty good. Maybe other people with different opinions can go watch them. I mean this with all due respect and would never want to offend anyone because i disagree with their views. Go twins and lynx.

A lot of us have been Twins fans longer than Gardenhire or Ryan have. Not that that entitles us to anything necessarily. It might mean we will continue to offer them constructive advice rather than walking away.

8. This user likes Hosken Bombo Disco's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (05-30-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    I read that Kubel has roster incentives for 30 60 and 90 days, which puts the decision at about... today. (If the clock starts on opening day. Not sure.)

Liked 1,680 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yo! My mods! Toss that post! Come to papa! Let's go!

("With all due respect")

Last edited by LaBombo; 05-30-2014 at 06:41 PM.

11. These 5 users like LaBombo's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (05-30-2014), messed up (05-30-2014), mike wants wins (05-30-2014), Mr. Brooks (05-30-2014), THE DFC (05-30-2014)

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    if I could like Labombos post 10000000x, I would. I got castigated for spelling Guerrier's name like cheese, but this post is somehow ok?
    Lighten up Francis....

13. This user likes mike wants wins's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (05-30-2014)

Senior Member Double-A chuchadoro's Avatar
    Liked 28 Times in 17 Posts
    (Deleted)
    Last edited by chuchadoro; 05-30-2014 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Probably violated TD policy
    He's a No Limit Dozier, I thought I told ya!

Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Man, it never occured to me until now that high schoolers have never seen Kirby Puckett play. I guess that also means there are kids of legal drinking age who didn't see the last World Series championship. Depression setting in.

On topic: Good ideas.
    I turned 21 in March, so the good Twins teams I remember are during the 2000s. Maybe we should make some of these changes and make a World Series run this year?
    I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

Liked 397 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    In other words, if you do not like the way your governor is running your state, you should move to Wisconsin?

Nothing respectful about that

What is the lynx?
    We're nice on the right side of the st croix

Liked 397 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    We're nice on the right side of the st croix
    Oh and not that I agree, but you can vote for Governors, but you can't vote for sports team management

Senior Member Double-A chuchadoro's Avatar
    Liked 28 Times in 17 Posts

How about a blog post to codify Twins Opinion Orthodoxy? Those of us who don't agree can stop posting on TD, so as not to offend your delicate sensibilities.
    He's a No Limit Dozier, I thought I told ya!

19. This user likes chuchadoro's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

THE DFC (05-30-2014)

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 776 Times in 408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_Waved_At_Me View Post
    I see what you did there
    Yes, and the cross promotion possibilities are endless. Think of the bobblehead day, and combine that with dry icepack day.

21. This user likes crarko's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Kirby_Waved_At_Me (05-30-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I could be the biggest homer out there, but things need to change. Right now we have Correia, Pelfrey, Florimon, Guerrier, Kubel, Burton, Fryer and Ibarra on the 40-man roster, that opens up 8 possible spots, which you can fill with Meyer, May, Pressly and Achter from Rochester and also bring up Bernier as the replacement for Escobars original utility role for sure.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 104 Times in 76 Posts
    Perhaps we can learn from today's events concerning the Veteran's Health Administration. A well-respected, most honorable, and very highly praised Secretary (the "boss") was '
    "relieved of command" so as not to be a distraction to fixing their problems. If change is required--it should be at the top--DSP needs to be "relieved of command". In that way a new "boss" can observe and assess performance of the entire organization and make all of the changes he deems necessary. We should not expect a "quick fix". This FO has contended that they could "make quick fixes", (and likely "on the cheap"). That policy has failed. A new direction can only be obtained by new leadership. Recycling old ideas has failed, and no one should be surprised at that outcome.

24. This user likes Kwak's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (05-30-2014)

Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TKGuy View Post
    I could be the biggest homer out there, but things need to change. Right now we have Correia, Pelfrey, Florimon, Guerrier, Kubel, Burton, Fryer and Ibarra on the 40-man roster, that opens up 8 possible spots, which you can fill with Meyer, May, Pressly and Achter from Rochester and also bring up Bernier as the replacement for Escobars original utility role for sure.
    May and Pressly are already on the 40-man, and I'd dump Duensing before getting rid of Ibarra. Kubel, Guerrier, Burton and Fryer are definitely NOT part of the future of this team; the Yankees are looking for more pitching - maybe we could dupe them into taking Correia (and have him pitch this weekend against the Twins). Pelfrey is still injured, so we can't just dump him at this point. By the trading deadline, I'd dump a bunch of those guys.

PS - Even if Santana isn't as good a fielder as Florimon, he can certainly hold his own and deserves to be on the roster the rest of the year. Maybe we can convince the Yankees to take Florimon along with Correia for Granderson (yeah I know, he plays for the Mets), but maybe if we act dumb, the Yankees would think they were fleecing us, instead of vice-versa.
    Last edited by ScottyB; 05-30-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 852 Times in 548 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    May and Pressly are already on the 40-man, and I'd dump Duensing before getting rid of Ibarra. Kubel, Guerrier, Burton and Fryer are definitely NOT part of the future of this team; the Yankees are looking for more pitching - maybe we could dupe them into taking Correia (and have him pitch this weekend against the Twins)***. Pelfrey is still injured, so we can't just dump him at this point. By the trading deadline, I'd dump a bunch of those guys
    ***I vote for ScottyB to take Rob Antony's spot, Interim GM genius!

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosken Bombo Disco View Post
    A lot of us have been Twins fans longer than Gardenhire or Ryan have. Not that that entitles us to anything necessarily. It might mean we will continue to offer them constructive advice rather than walking away.
    Yeah...."America, Love It or Leave It" never worked for me, either.

28. This user likes jokin's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (05-30-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    I believe he has a roster bonus due this week. Kubel may be a good guy, but he has to hit more than he has since his early splash in April. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was dispatched on Wednesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosken Bombo Disco View Post
    I read that Kubel has roster incentives for 30 60 and 90 days, which puts the decision at about... today. (If the clock starts on opening day. Not sure.)
    Kubel's bonus has already been earned and credited. Perhaps it could be considered a severance package, paid forward?

30. This user likes jokin's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (05-30-2014)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast