Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Colabello's Last Chance?

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries

Colabello's Last Chance?

It's been a brutal month for Chris Colabello. He was the toast of our town in April, and apparently now he's just toast. With two power hitting outfielders ready to return to the active roster, Colabello may well have a ticket to Rochester NY by the end of the day.

With a lefty starting for the Gigantes, I would presume he will get a start today. Short of multiple homers and a half-dozen RBI, I don't think he has a spot on the roster on Monday.

What will CC do in what I perceive to be his last shot to remain with the Twins?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 161 Times in 102 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would hope the a Twins aren't making decisions based on one game.

Right field is so large and difficult to play in San Francisco. They can't possibly consider playing Colabello out there. He would have to be at 1B.

I don't know, I think Colabello sticks around and some combo of Santana, Nunez, and Herrmann are most likely to be sent packing.

4. This user likes glanzer's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

tarheeltwinsfan (05-25-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 121 Times in 87 Posts
    Blog Entries
    At the very least, Colabello will be back in September.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 843 Times in 539 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    At the very least, Colabello will be back in September.
    Or when Willingham is traded.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 49 Times in 34 Posts
    He isn't in the lineup today, so I'd expect him to get sent out. Nunez is a better hitter than him, and bad Nunez utility defense is still better than good Colabello utility defense. Fun story for April, but for whatever reason he just stopped making contact and it didn't even seem like the pitchers pitched him differently. But I think back to his sinking line drive in Chicago that was played into a bases clearing double that first series or his infield grounder in Cleveland that was ruled a 2-run single, and you just knew that luck wasn't going to continue. Just wish Kubel wouldn't have turned into a .250 singles hitter during the same timeframe. But it doesn't mean he won't get another chance down the road, just has to find his confidence again. He looks defeated when he steps up the plate these last couple weeks. Just a question of how many pitches to strikeout.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,265 Times in 677 Posts
    Colabello and Herrmann go, Santana will stick around to back up CF until Fuld is back.
    Last edited by twinsnorth49; 05-25-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think Herrmann and Nunez/Santana are the two moves made when Arcia and Hammer return. I still like CC as a bench bat. He's proved all he needs to prove at AAA; he needs to stay in MLB and figure it out.

Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Liked 461 Times in 290 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Cola and the German down. Santana stays as the backup CF. When Fuld comes back, Santana goes down.

Cola will rediscover his swing and get back up here at some point. He told Berardino that he's been dealing with some "physical issues". So perhaps he's dinged up and trying to play through it. Anyway, time to heal up, get a fresh new start and earn his way back.
    "If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 800 Times in 503 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Last chance will imply that he will be cut completely. I'm not seeing that. He's going to go back to AAA with some adjustments to make.