Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Future Outfield

Just scrolling through this thread it's hilarious to me how many people have penciled Parmelee into the OF of the future. The Twins DFA'd him 2 months ago! Am I missing something? He's an awful defender, who hit for power one half of a season in AAA a couple years ago, has a .710 ops in the majors in over 600 at bats. If he is the Rf going into next season, the Twins are in more trouble than I thought

Quote Originally Posted by alarp33 View Post
    Just scrolling through this thread it's hilarious to me how many people have penciled Parmelee into the OF of the future. The Twins DFA'd him 2 months ago! Am I missing something? He's an awful defender, who hit for power one half of a season in AAA a couple years ago, has a .710 ops in the majors in over 600 at bats. If he is the Rf going into next season, the Twins are in more trouble than I thought
    I think Parmelee in the outfield to start next year would be by default and not him actually deserving the spot.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Here's my 13 position players for Memorial Day 2015: Catcher--Suzuki and Pinto Infield--Mauer, Dozier, Escobar, Sano, Nuñez Outfield--Plouffe, Buxton, Arcia, Fuld, Parmelee DH--Vargas.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    ^^^
    Nunez, Fuld and Parmelee on the 2015 roster - let's hope not unless the organization is planning on yet another 90+ loss season.

Nobody has Kepler as future OF?
    2017?
    Kepler-Buxton-Alex Jackson?/Arcia
    or DH Arcia

Senior Member Big-Leaguer amjgt's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Here's my 13 position players for Memorial Day 2015: Catcher--Suzuki and Pinto Infield--Mauer, Dozier, Escobar, Sano, Nuñez Outfield--Plouffe, Buxton, Arcia, Fuld, Parmelee DH--Vargas.
    Change Fuld and Parmelee to Hicks and Rosario and I'm on board.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustcallupSANO View Post
    Nobody has Kepler as future OF?
    2017?
    Kepler-Buxton-Alex Jackson?/Arcia
    or DH Arcia
    it would be nice, but he's in A ball, and not exactly dominating. It's hard to predict he'll be in the OF with any confidence right now.
    Lighten up Francis....

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 852 Times in 548 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    it would be nice, but he's in A ball, and not exactly dominating. It's hard to predict he'll be in the OF with any confidence right now.
    It will be interesting to see how long guys like Kepler stick around. As more of the hot and not-so-hot prospects, like Meyer, Sano, Rosario, Goodrum, Michael and Buxton are likely to inevitably claim 40-man roster spots at some point within the next calendar year, the Twins will no longer have the luxury of stashing and hoping on guys like Kepler.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Don't get me wrong, I like Kepler as a prospect......but not sure how anyone can be predicting he'll be a fixture in 2-3 years. Not if you believe Rosario is an OF on this team (with Buxton and Arcia). I have been predicting him as their future 1B for some time, actually. Though, all that talent has not yet translated into results, I believe he has a shot.
    Lighten up Francis....

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I like Kepler as a prospect......but not sure how anyone can be predicting he'll be a fixture in 2-3 years. Not if you believe Rosario is an OF on this team (with Buxton and Arcia). I have been predicting him as their future 1B for some time, actually. Though, all that talent has not yet translated into results, I believe he has a shot.
    I agree about his talent and a legit shot at making it, but at his current rate, and with actually producing players and prospects needing roster spots and potentially blocking him down the road, both in the OF (I am of the belief that Rosario, Plouffe and Buxton will be the OF in a couple years, with Arcia splitting some time in RF and DH) and at 1st base ( besides Mauer through at least 2018, possibly both Sano and Vargas may need that spot), he's soon in danger of becoming a talented journeyman.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 31 Times in 25 Posts
    I have a hard time seeing Sano on the big league roster at this time next year. He will have missed a year and will likely start the year in AA again. He may need a month to get his feet wet and then a likely promotion to AAA. Plouffe is a capable placeholder and there are enough OF's for Plouffe to stay at 3B.

Rosario, imo, is more likely to be on the big league team (in CF) than Buxton next year. Buxton has missed essentially the same amount of time as Rosario and Rosario has already had some success at the AA level. IF Hicks gets his plug pulled, Rosario could be the starting CF in early 2015.

C- Pinto (starter), FA veteran (Suzuki will re-sign for more elsewhere)
    1B- Mauer, Parmelee
    2B- Dozier
    3B- Plouffe (Sano if he DOMINATES AA)
    SS- Escobar, Santana
    LF- Rosario
    CF- Hicks or Rosario (Buxton, maybe)
    RF- Arcia
    DH-Vargas or Parmalee

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 40 Times in 26 Posts
    I think Kepler should be traded before he goes bust

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 287 Times in 145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siehbiscuit View Post
    I have a hard time seeing Sano on the big league roster at this time next year. He will have missed a year and will likely start the year in AA again. He may need a month to get his feet wet and then a likely promotion to AAA. Plouffe is a capable placeholder and there are enough OF's for Plouffe to stay at 3B.

Rosario, imo, is more likely to be on the big league team (in CF) than Buxton next year. Buxton has missed essentially the same amount of time as Rosario and Rosario has already had some success at the AA level. IF Hicks gets his plug pulled, Rosario could be the starting CF in early 2015.

1B- Mauer, Parmelee
    2B- Dozier
    SS- Escobar, Santana
    LF- Rosario
    RF- Arcia
    DH-Vargas or Parmalee
    I like your lineup for the most part, especially since Escobar can get Plouffe days off at 3B, but I really hope Parmalee isn't the backup 1B/DH next year, as he can't hit in the majors. Also, is Rosario playing in the OF currently, let alone CF? I don't follow the minors as closely as some.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer07 View Post
    I like your lineup for the most part, especially since Escobar can get Plouffe days off at 3B, but I really hope Parmalee isn't the backup 1B/DH next year, as he can't hit in the majors. Also, is Rosario playing in the OF currently, let alone CF? I don't follow the minors as closely as some.
    Rosario is not currently playing at any position, his suspension ends after today. He is originally an OF, so it will be interesting to see if he resumes playing at 2nd, which was where the Twins thought his bat would play better, now that Dozier has established himself at the position.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Travis Harrison and Max Kepler are viable trade candidates, though I am not sure what for at the moment. Both seem cornerish in the OF and 1B.

Buxton, Hicks, Arcia, Rosario, and either Parmelee or Ortiz (if the former can be traded) would be my vote for June 1, 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Siehbiscuit View Post

1B- Mauer, Parmelee
    2B- Dozier
    SS- Escobar, Santana
    LF- Rosario
    RF- Arcia
    DH-Vargas or Parmalee
    Funny I read this as I was filling out my projections for 2015 thru 2018(of course I only have a few names down for 2018)..........My starting lineup is for 2017, and other players I feel will be on the team......I love projections, would love to hear others for 2017

C Pinto(28) and Veteran FA
    1st Mauer(34)
    2nd Dozier(30)
    3rd Sano(24)
    SS Polanco(23-24)
    LF Arcia(26)
    CF Buxton(23)
    RF Hicks(27)
    DH Vargas(26-27)
    SP Meyer(27)
    SP Hughes(31)
    SP Gibson(29)
    SP May(27)
    SP Stewart(22)
    SP Gilmartin(27)
    Closer Perkins(34)
    Setup Tonkin(27)
    I think the Twins will trade Nolasco if possible sometime after year 2 and try to extend Hughes by 2 yrs if Hughes keeps impressing.
    Last edited by blairpaul715; 05-28-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lets looks further down the road, say 2016 or 2017. If Buxton and Arcia pan out then how about guys like: Adam Brett Walker , Daniel Ortiz or even Max Kepler. At least one of these guys should be ready. Rosario could also be in the mix.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123