Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Michael Cuddyer and the GS

  1. #1
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,369
    Like
    1,324
    Liked 1,297 Times in 750 Posts

    Michael Cuddyer and the GS

    Cuddyer up. Bases loaded. 2 outs. I was waiting for the weak grounder to 2nd.

    But BOOM - a grand slam to center.

    Congrats, Cuddy!

  2. #2
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,588
    Like
    199
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    33
    My all-time favorite player. I'm glad he got three years, but I understand why he and the Twins parted company. He's been slumping, but has got several key hits for the Rocks.

  3. #3
    Senior Member All-Star Thrylos's Avatar
    Posts
    4,178
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Like
    36
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    200
    Mike Who? He is a Rockie. Who cares? Johan has some pretty great games with the Mets and Garrett Jones has at least one GS with the Pirates.
    Turn the page
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

  4. #4
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    150
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Mike Who? He is a Rockie. Who cares? Johan has some pretty great games with the Mets and Garrett Jones has at least one GS with the Pirates.
    Turn the page
    I care. I always care about former Twins (well, maybe not Delmon Young) especially the classy ones. Cuddy was with us for many years. He did a lot of good charity work in the Twin Cities and was definitely a leader in the clubhouse. Torii Hunter is still one of my all time favorite players, even though he doesn't play for us anymore. Happy to hear about Cuddy's grand slam. As I watch the Twins play roulette with a string of sub par right fielders this year, I can't help but think Cuddy would look GREAT out there, but i guess he was just too expensive (ha!). My message to the powers that be--YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

  5. #5
    Senior Member All-Star Thrylos's Avatar
    Posts
    4,178
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Like
    36
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by twinzgrl View Post
    I care. I always care about former Twins (well, maybe not Delmon Young) especially the classy ones. Cuddy was with us for many years. He did a lot of good charity work in the Twin Cities and was definitely a leader in the clubhouse. Torii Hunter is still one of my all time favorite players, even though he doesn't play for us anymore. Happy to hear about Cuddy's grand slam. As I watch the Twins play roulette with a string of sub par right fielders this year, I can't help but think Cuddy would look GREAT out there, but i guess he was just too expensive (ha!). My message to the powers that be--YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

    Willingham is better than Cudduyer. Big time. Might not be the equal of him with the mouth and the quotes but I bet that he would not mind sliding into the catcher hard and score in game 163, unlike magic man, when that made the difference. Good riddance.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

  6. #6
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,084
    Like
    4,551
    Liked 726 Times in 386 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Willingham is better than Cudduyer. Big time. Might not be the equal of him with the mouth and the quotes but I bet that he would not mind sliding into the catcher hard and score in game 163, unlike magic man, when that made the difference. Good riddance.
    Whether or not this is true, I think that we would have at least 3 fewer losses this year with Cuddyer in right field (and Willingham in left). Cuddyer is a lot better than the players who we have had in right this year. Too bad the Twins could not afford BOTH Willingham and Cuddyer.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    150
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Twins COULD afford them both! They are making PLENTY of money and cut payroll from last year. They are just too stinkin cheap to pay for talent (and Joe Mauer doesn't count). Wilingham is a GREAT addition, but they got rid of Delmon, Kubel, and Cuddy, plus Nathan's huge contract....they COULD HAVE paid Cuddyer to stay and spared us Doumit, Clete, and whoever this new guy is that appeared today....I'd rather watch Ben Revere out there than this group of sub par RF's.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    140
    Like
    53
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Cuddyer is gone. Move on. He isn't coming back. Even if was out there and he account for 3 more wins at this point (which I doubt) the Twins would still stink. Yes he was a great guy off the field which is ultimately more important than anything in baseball, but I'd rather have a team full of the 25 biggest A-holes in the country and win a championship than have a bunch of nice guys that never win anything. just my two cents.

  9. #9
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,781
    Like
    4,922
    Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by twinzgrl View Post
    I care. I always care about former Twins (well, maybe not Delmon Young) especially the classy ones. Cuddy was with us for many years. He did a lot of good charity work in the Twin Cities and was definitely a leader in the clubhouse. Torii Hunter is still one of my all time favorite players, even though he doesn't play for us anymore. Happy to hear about Cuddy's grand slam. As I watch the Twins play roulette with a string of sub par right fielders this year, I can't help but think Cuddy would look GREAT out there, but i guess he was just too expensive (ha!). My message to the powers that be--YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
    Im right with ya. Cuddyer was a class act and a true team player. What position do you want me to play tonight Gardy. He took his abuse early and overcame it and led by example. He was a major reason for our AL central titles. I hope he hits 40 dingers in the Denver air. I'm glad he got his payday.

  10. #10
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,369
    Like
    1,324
    Liked 1,297 Times in 750 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Mike Who? He is a Rockie. Who cares? Johan has some pretty great games with the Mets and Garrett Jones has at least one GS with the Pirates.
    Turn the page
    Please note that this is posted under "More Baseball" not "Twins Talk".

    Surely there is room for a little happy news about a former long-time Twin.

  11. #11
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,084
    Like
    4,551
    Liked 726 Times in 386 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Im right with ya. Cuddyer was a class act and a true team player. What position do you want me to play tonight Gardy. He took his abuse early and overcame it and led by example. He was a major reason for our AL central titles. I hope he hits 40 dingers in the Denver air. I'm glad he got his payday.
    With the new stadium and all, it's too bad that the Twins were not willing to pay for BOTH Cuddyer and Willingham. The pitching would still suck, but having one extra quality right handed batter might have resulted in a lot more runs.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.