Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Interesting Roster decisions coming

Senior Member Triple-A DocBauer's Avatar
    Liked 174 Times in 99 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Herrman goes down to play every day again. And hopefully he continues to rake down there to get him ready for September and 2015 where he just might to prove to be a really good asset. But his yo-yo-ing is hard. That makes room for Arcia.

Hammer...I'm not convinced Santana goes down. No question the talented youngster needs to play. So far, Gardy's done a decent job of doing that, though I think he could do better. So far, the kid has played well. More so, he hasn't looked out of place or intimidated. And that may be more important than his production in the short term. Right now, he's also our best option as a backup CF, as Fuld might be on the Koskie-Morneau-Mauer concussion injury train.

More than likely, Nunez moves back down. At least for the now. I'm not ready to just give up on Colabello. He's defied all that could be thrown at him until recently. But for Kibel, it might just be time to admit he's done. He had a good month or so left in him, surprising everyone, but ultimately, there's just nothing left. Any move here allows Hammer to come back up. (Though not ready yet)

Pelfrey is a different matter. He's had one decent AAA start. He's been as bad or almost as bad as Correia so far. Are you really going to pull Deduno out of the rotation for him? I know he's only had an appearance or two, and I know the Twins wanted to give hm a shot, but the G-man needs to go. Nothing he's done in the minors or majors indicates he has anything left. Perhaps this offers room for Pelfrey. At least until Tonkin kicks butt and is ready to come up again.

Seconf half of the season, at this point, traded or just cut loose, no really good reason Correia and Pelfrey aren't both just gone in favor of Meyer, May, Darnell or even Johnson. Tonkin will be back.

If and when Fuld is ready to come back, Santana might move down. It's also possible Colabello goes down to make adjustments, or Kubes could just be done. This would also allow Nunez to stay.

Month from now, however it plays out, expecting and/or hoping Correia, Pelfrey, Guerrier are probably gone. Tonkin back up in the pen. One of the affor-mentioned pitchers fill out the rotation. Fuld comes back healthy and recovered, this means Santana sent down, Colabello sent down, or Kubes DFA.

2. This user likes DocBauer's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (05-23-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 864 Times in 555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I'm not sure Zobrist would fit my definition. Yes he can play multiple positions but If Zobrist we're signed by the Twins... He would be full time... They would have plopped him in RF and given him a full time spot and not really be utility.

But... If Zobrist is the Cadillac... Bonofacio is at least a Dodge.......
    ...70s Charger?....

4. This user likes jokin's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (05-23-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 37 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Getting a bit off topic, but I think he was referring to Luis Castillo?
    Not really off topic. The irrony that youu all missed. Castillo was traded for Dustin Martin, a CF/corner OF.

Liked 77 Times in 58 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    It's possible. I'd definitely explore trading him before DFA, that's for sure.
    If Ryan Doumit and Drew Butera can be traded, Kevin Corriea can be traded.

And perhaps even for a similar booty as the aforementioned trades.

This probably off topic but who thinks we should trade Kyle Gibson (decent pitcher) and Eduardo Nunez (good bench bat) to the Rockies for one of their center fielders Brandon Barnes or semi veteran Drew Stubbs both are of to a great start and because the Rockies outfielder are almost all hitting over .300 and one of those two could platoon with the young Aaron Hicks besides the Rockies always needs pitchers and a bat couldn't hurt them (Coors Field) and it seems right to cash out on Gibson to bring up one of May, Meyer, or Darnell.

Liked 77 Times in 58 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As Thrylos pointed out...Hicks .331 OBP...as bad as he has been, he's still getting on base 1 in 3 times. And his defense is better than any other Twins OF. Fuld, meh.

For the other stuff...Calobello is quickly approaching the Mendoza-Hicks line, .233 and falling.

So I would keep Hicks above both of those guys.

Willingham...I could care less...but if he can hit - he helps the big club. Only one way to figure that out.

Arcia, IMO, is better than Kubel or Herrmann - both at the dish and in the grass. And he just turned 23...he just needs more MLB at-bats. We all know he can hit .300 vs AAA pitching. He's doing it again. I think his problem is similar to Hicks - understanding what MLB pitchers are going to do to them pitch strategy wise...and then working on hitting to that.

9. This user likes twinsfan34's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

cmathewson (05-23-2014)

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 566 Times in 370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKnutson View Post
    This probably off topic but who thinks we should trade Kyle Gibson (decent pitcher) and Eduardo Nunez (good bench bat) to the Rockies for one of their center fielders Brandon Barnes or semi veteran Drew Stubbs both are of to a great start and because the Rockies outfielder are almost all hitting over .300 and one of those two could platoon with the young Aaron Hicks besides the Rockies always needs pitchers and a bat couldn't hurt them (Coors Field) and it seems right to cash out on Gibson to bring up one of May, Meyer, or Darnell.
    not a fan of the specifics of the idea, but the concept is interesting. I'd want to aim HIGH in return for Gibson.
    Lighten up Francis....

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,605 Times in 832 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKnutson View Post
    Dogs-Do-Not-Want-2.jpg

Barnes has a .590 OPS away from Coors in a SSS. Last year with Houston, he OPSed at .635.

Drew Stubbs has a .551 OPS away from Coors. Last year with Cincinnati, he OPSed at .665.

Never trade for a hitter that plays in Coors based on their overall stat line. Ever. Never ever ever ever.

12. These 3 users like Brock Beauchamp's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Beezer07 (05-23-2014), diehardtwinsfan (05-23-2014), WLFINN (05-23-2014)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678