Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passan: Buxton to have MRI on Wrist

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Passan: Buxton to have MRI on Wrist

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...66787777392641

From the above tweet from Jeff Passan, Byron Buxton is going to have an MRI on his wrist. He reinjured the wrist sliding into third base.

In a follow-up tweet, they don't believe it to be serious, but being very cautious. Hopefully that is the case.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    The brain cells I didnt kill with alcohol when Sano had TJ are on borrowed time.

3. These 10 users like Joe A. Preusser's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

DAM DC Twins Fans (05-11-2014), Dance with Disco Dan (05-10-2014), diehardtwinsfan (05-11-2014), gunnarthor (05-10-2014), Mr. Brooks (05-11-2014), notoriousgod71 (05-11-2014), Sconnie (05-10-2014), snepp (05-11-2014), tarheeltwinsfan (05-10-2014), twinsfan34 (05-10-2014)

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wrist MRI is good and he should have it, but there is a larger issue here that has not been mentioned at all by the Twin Cities press (and that is a troubling fact, by itself) : The original injury was a fielding injury. This time he did re-injure his wrist when he tried to slide head first on a base. The Twins benched Sano for admiring a home run he hit off a former teammate who was pestering him constantly when with the Twins. What Buxton did, was way much worse because it really impacted him. I don't know if it is a coaching issue or Buxton, but someone should install to the kid that you do not slide on head first and touch the base with your healing wrist. Period.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    In a follow-up tweet, they don't believe it to be serious, but being very cautious. Hopefully that is the case.
    Well I'm sure the Twins medical staff knows what they're doing.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 77 Times in 58 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Very thankful the parent club (Twins) have had a season somewhat worth watching this year. Because the minors this year has STUNK!

No Sano, No Rosario, and No Buxton so far. May has been horrible.

Vargas and Meyer respectable. But otherwise...nothing at AA level or higher within earshot of the big club.

I guess Santana is up...and in a few at bats, even down 0-2 today vs Scherzer, he didn't look one bit fazed. Far cry from our other shortstops.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsfan34 View Post
    Very thankful the parent club (Twins) have had a season somewhat worth watching this year. Because the minors this year has STUNK!

Vargas and Meyer respectable. But otherwise...nothing at AA level or higher within earshot of the big club.

I guess Santana is up...and in a few at bats, even down 0-2 today vs Scherzer, he didn't look one bit fazed. Far cry from our other shortstops.
    Its a good thing we got the number 1 farm system, right? Pretty soon it will be the number 1 DL system

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    Because the minors this year has STUNK!
    Not true.

Yohan Pino, Kris Johnson, Logan Darnell, Chris Parmelee, Trevor May, AJ Achter, Matt Hoffman, Matt Koch, Cole Johnson, Jorge Polanco, Mitch Garver, Ivory Thomas, JD Williams, Kohl Stewart, Brandon Peterson, Aaron Slegers and company, based on their performance so far, would have to disagree with you
    -----

9. These 4 users like Thrylos's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

DAM DC Twins Fans (05-11-2014), diehardtwinsfan (05-11-2014), jorgenswest (05-11-2014), WLFINN (05-10-2014)

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,595 Times in 830 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    Not true.

Yohan Pino, Kris Johnson, Logan Darnell, Chris Parmelee, Trevor May, AJ Achter, Matt Hoffman, Matt Koch, Cole Johnson, Jorge Polanco, Mitch Garver, Ivory Thomas, JD Williams, Kohl Stewart, Brandon Peterson, Aaron Slegers and company, based on their performance so far, would have to disagree with you
    Yeah, there have been a lot of good things about the farm this year if you can get past the injury problems at the 1 and 2 spots on the prospect list.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 70 Posts
    How do you tell a kid not to do something that comes natural...sliding head first into third is no big deal to me. You start making a kid think or overthink things you are dead wrong. Th minor have been down this year...kepler, harrison, walker have been underwhelming. Polanco and maybe vargas are only guys having decent season as hitters. Some AAAA guys like pino mean nothing to me. Younger pitchers have been good along with may and meyer...but last season at this time we were much more optimistic about farm (at least I was).

Liked 397 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    How do you tell a kid not to do something that comes natural...sliding head first into third is no big deal to me. You start making a kid think or overthink things you are dead wrong. Th minor have been down this year...kepler, harrison, walker have been underwhelming. Polanco and maybe vargas are only guys having decent season as hitters. Some AAAA guys like pino mean nothing to me. Younger pitchers have been good along with may and meyer...but last season at this time we were much more optimistic about farm (at least I was).
    I would hope they gave him a wrists brace while on the base paths (provided he gets a stand up single)

Liked 77 Times in 58 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not true.

TOTALLY taken out of context. Read the whole thing...

So to prove it...

What's the future career WAR of each players on your list from AA or AAA? And then specifically, what are their contributions in 2014 or 2015 to the MLB club?

As the 3 players I listed (Sano, Rosario, Buxton) were to likely make appearances in late 2014 and many expected to be contributors in 2015.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He got hurt playing baseball, making a baseball play. He re-injured it making a baseball play. Can't we just leave it at that? Injuries happen. Doesn't need to be blame.

15. These 3 users like Seth Stohs's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (05-11-2014), crarko (05-11-2014), WLFINN (05-11-2014)

Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Brad Steil this morning on the radio mentioned Buxton hurt his wrist on a feet first slide into home.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 63 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    Brad Steil this morning on the radio mentioned Buxton hurt his wrist on a feet first slide into home.
    Thrylos' point still stands!

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Funny, I was ripped for saying I'd bench a player for sliding head first.....and I still believe that. Slide feet first. This sucketh.
    Lighten up Francis....

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries

Minor quote on Buxton injury

Quote from Rob Antony tonight about Buxton's injury after the MRI (emphasis mine), from here:

It was an aggravation of his injury, but it's not any worse, just aggravated
    I don't know about what he meant, but this is what aggravated really means.

I feel that the future of the Twins is solid with that guy at the helm...
    -----

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,595 Times in 830 Posts
    Blog Entries
    An unimportant dissection of semantics. I couldn't care less if Antony knows the medical usage of aggravated.

21. These 5 users like Brock Beauchamp's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Beezer07 (05-13-2014), diehardtwinsfan (05-14-2014), gunnarthor (05-14-2014), mike wants wins (05-14-2014), snepp (05-13-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote from Rob Antony tonight about Buxton's injury after the MRI (emphasis mine), from here:

I don't know about what he meant, but this is what aggravated really means.

I feel that the future of the Twins is solid with that guy at the helm...
    Lot of time on your hands?

23. These 2 users like Joe A. Preusser's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

70charger (05-13-2014), Beezer07 (05-13-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Antony was probably speaking informally, but words do matter.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe A. Preusser View Post
    Lot of time on your hands?
    Thanks for commending on the subject...
    -----

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast