Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Danny Santana

Danny Santana

I like this guy a lot. But will he be sent down?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,588 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gonna be hard to send him down if he keeps doing this.

But it's unlikely that he'll keep doing this.

3. This user likes Brock Beauchamp's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

diehardtwinsfan (05-10-2014)

I would love it if he would keep this up. What is more likely though, Santana or Escobar continuing with how they are playing now. I would say Santana, but I very well could be wrong.

Twitter
    @Trimbletj
    Liked 48 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As long as he keeps hitting and playing average defense, he's here to stay. I don't know that he'll be able to do both for an entire season, but I'd love to be proven wrong. I'm rooting for him, he's a blast to watch.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 812 Times in 512 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Gonna be hard to send him down if he keeps doing this.

But it's unlikely that he'll keep doing this.
    Pretty much this. Based on what he's done in the minors so far, I have a tough time believing he's ready and that this is probably a good case of SSS more than anything. That said, nothing wrong with enjoying it.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 321 Times in 203 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    Pretty much this. Based on what he's done in the minors so far, I have a tough time believing he's ready and that this is probably a good case of SSS more than anything. That said, nothing wrong with enjoying it.
    Agreed. I recall Dozier having a solid MLB debut in 2012, before he had established himself at AAA. Hopefully Santana can keep going for awhile, and hopefully the Twins aren't afraid to send him back quickly before things turn too sour (and hopefully we still have options to replace him!).

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,588 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The kid just keeps hitting. It will be interesting to see what happens as the league develops a book on him and starts throwing stuff he doesn't expect to see.

Liked 33 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It won't be too long until his batting average dips under .220, but he's really exciting. His speed is fantastic and I hope he doesn't get injured (an injury that would sap his speed, that is. Like Mastoianni). Might as well keep starting him while he's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pleiss View Post
    My favorite part about Santana is his speed. He looks fast out there. Zoom! Reminds me of Ben Revere in that category.
    thats what i like is his speed.

Liked 115 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pleiss View Post
    My favorite part about Santana is his speed. He looks fast out there. Zoom! Reminds me of Ben Revere in that category.
    No doubt. Santana reminds me of a harder hitting, harder throwing version of Ben Revere.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 134 Times in 82 Posts
    I don't have any grand expectations with the bat but the bat can be solid and the defense can be good. The Twins shouldn't shy away from an upgrade in the future if available but might be able to at least hold down the fort.

My expectations of his hitting. .265/.305/.365/.670 I can live with that at SS as long as it comes with his supposedly good defense.

Could he be short term answer at CF? Until Buxton is ready?

Mike Berardino ‏@MikeBerardino

Danny Santana is going to work more in center during BP today. Gardy says he could be an option if Hicks continues to struggle.

Liked 85 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spycake View Post
    Agreed. I recall Dozier having a solid MLB debut in 2012, before he had established himself at AAA. Hopefully Santana can keep going for awhile, and hopefully the Twins aren't afraid to send him back quickly before things turn too sour (and hopefully we still have options to replace him!).
    That and his quick glove tag I saw. I'd buy a ticket to see him play!

Quote Originally Posted by iTwins View Post
    As long as he keeps hitting and playing average defense, he's here to stay. I don't know that he'll be able to do both for an entire season, but I'd love to be proven wrong. I'm rooting for him, he's a blast to watch.
    I don't consider yesterday's game to be average defense at all. How was he not charged with an error that led to the blast from Miggy (Gibson had to make 5 outs in the inning).

If his future is at SS--which I doubt--then send him back down to learn defense. If his future is to be the Punto of this team (utility) then maybe keep him up until AL pitchers figure out how to get him out.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm starting to believe that if Santana has any type of instincts in center, I'd put him there and ride with Esocobar at short. My patience with Aaron Hicks is nearly "E" for empty.

Quote Originally Posted by iTwins View Post
    he's a blast to watch.
    If the team isn't going to be competitive, they might as well have someone fun to watch. Dozier is fun to watch; Santana makes two.
    Sold or not, empty seats behind homeplate are an eyesore and an embarrassment.

19. This user likes steve's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (05-12-2014)

The Twins put Santana at AAA because he makes lots of errors at shortstop and they wanted him to make fewer errors and be more consistent. So, they bring him up and Gardenhire says he's going to have him playing multiple positions. Why? So, he can never master any of them? Why not let him become what they really need, which is a polished shortstop with offensive ability? And, if he isn't ready to do that at the major league level, he should be doing it in AAA.

21. This user likes Bsharpp's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Siehbiscuit (05-12-2014)

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When Santana was called up, it was as a stopgap. At the time, he was healthy and on the 40-man. Since he arrived, he has hit well and fielded acceptably. He given us a glimpse of his two best tools--exceptional speed and a rocket arm. He's earned a longer stay (probably until he cools off hitting-wise) but Escobar has also been one of the Twins best hitters in the past ten days. Gardy is keeping a hot bat in the lineup most days and he's worked in BP at playing center. As I said earlier, right now I'd play Danny in center and send Hicks to AAA.

Member Rookie
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries

I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by milldaddy35 View Post
    I like this guy a lot. But will he be sent down?
    I think he is one of the most exciting Twins in the entire organization and I really hope he can make himself valuable enough to keep. I will add Deduno to that list. Here is another question for everyone: Are the Twins gearing up to try Santana in center field on a regular basis?
    Last edited by bear333; 05-11-2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast