Thread: Jim Crikket saw the Snappers in Cedar Rapids

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Jim Crikket saw the Snappers in Cedar Rapids

Check out Jim Crikket's blog discussing what he's seen from the Beloit Snappers through a game-plus in Cedar Rapids. Good article with a few great pictures.

http://knuckleballsblog.com/2012/05/...2012-snappers/

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good read.

I found the "autograph-seeking" part to be interesting. I talked to a guy at Pohlman Field last weekend that goes to nearly every game and stands with the crowd to get autographs. He said Sano has "run from the locker room to the field" every day so he doesn't have to sign and that Rosario will sign "only 2" every time.

The day I was there was cold and miserable, so the seekers were the guy I was talking to and me (who wasn't really seeking). Sano came out, saw the two of us not move and walked to the field. The guy I was talking to was shocked.

So while it appeared to be alright at Cedar Rapids, I would warn against expecting the same in Beloit. (Of course, I also saw a player tweet about it actually feeling like baseball weather (i.e. not freezing) in Cedar Rapids, so maybe that plays a part too.)

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you want Sano's autograph in Beloit stay closer to the Snappers dugout rather than where both teams' players come out, it is a line of dealers there sho get sano every game, so he wont be inclined to sign, while waiting by the dugout he will sign.
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the link, Seth.

Interesting experiences with the autograph seekers. I didn't get to the ballpark early enough tonight to see whether Thursday's observation was a unique situation.

On Thursday, Sano came to the wall next to the dugout after he was done with his warmups out in left field. The same was true of Rosario.

I suspect that, in Beloit, the number of autograph seekers can be pretty overwhelming at times. It looked to me like Sano signed for all of the 8-10 people... some kids, some adults... who were at the wall. There were fewer there when Rosario came over, but he signed for the 4-5 that I saw there before heading in to the dugout.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~