Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draft

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 394 Times in 208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    I hope you are right Dave. I'd love for this to be another Aaron Rogers situation. Let Cassel man things for the season and transition Bridgewater in for 2015.
    Bridgewater is actually probably pretty close to NFL ready (especially when compared to some of the other QB's) while I think you roll with Cassel in week one, I wouldn't be shocked (nor upset) if Bridgewater is the starter around week 6 or so for the rest of the 2014 season. Right or wrong, the days of letting a QB sit on the bench for a year+ is probably behind us.

Any thoughts on that RB they got in round 3? Don't know much about him but apparently he might play CB if RB doesn't work out?
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Bridgewater is actually probably pretty close to NFL ready (especially when compared to some of the other QB's) while I think you roll with Cassel in week one, I wouldn't be shocked (nor upset) if Bridgewater is the starter around week 6 or so for the rest of the 2014 season. Right or wrong, the days of letting a QB sit on the bench for a year+ is probably behind us.

Any thoughts on that RB they got in round 3? Don't know much about him but apparently he might play CB if RB doesn't work out?
    I've heard he went to Georgia Southern over D1 offers because he wanted to stay at running back. That's about as much info as I have for him.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 137 Times in 83 Posts
    The ESPN crew liked him a lot. He ran one of the fastest 40's for a RB and they mentioned that he might get some snaps as a WR while definitely being an option as a KR/PR guy. In addition to likely replacing Gerhart.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 668 Times in 377 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    The ESPN crew liked him a lot. He ran one of the fastest 40's for a RB and they mentioned that he might get some snaps as a WR while definitely being an option as a KR/PR guy. In addition to likely replacing Gerhart.
    From what I've heard the guy was the biggest freak of the combine. 32 bench presses at 225, ridiculous agility and speed, explosiveness. Basically a multipurpose weapon with crazy ability. Likely the third down back as well because they say his pass blocking is solid too.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 63 Times in 40 Posts
    Vikings are up with their 6th round pick. Michael Sam is still on the board...

Nevermind, they took a CB.

Sam really wasn't much of a pro prospect. Vikes came away with some interesting choices. I love the Yankey pick.

Senior Member All-Star
    It's pretty clear that the Vikings went after athleticism, upside and players that were dropping. It almost looks like they weren't drafting for this year but trying to find long term valuable players in the mid rds rather than filling holes. A lot of interesting players until they grabbed some special team guys in the 7th.

The first DB they took is very interesting. Exum has a lot of intriguing upside.

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Overall I feel we had a solid draft. Bridgewater will be the X factor. If he becomes a stud it will be the steal of the draft.
    I bent my wookie...

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 566 Times in 370 Posts
    1. Barr.....high risk, high reward. If all he is is a pass rusher....I would have preferred Donald or Dennard.

2. Teddy....great risk to take. A good QB prospect in exchange for a 2nd and 4th round pick.
    3. Chrichton ..... Zimmer loves to rotate DL (which is why I liked Donald), and it's not like Robison is young
    4. RB....well, I would have preferred a DB/LB there. In an ideal world, this guy plays 10-15 snaps a game. that said, I can see him at KR, letting Patterson stay healthy for WR duties. On the draft board I hang out on, they love him as a Sproles clone.
    5. The rest.....
    Love the OG pick. Johnson is the weak link. Hopefully Yankey or Baca beat him out. Exum was highly thought of before the injury. Nice upside pick for a S. They basically threw darts in round 6/7, at DB, hoping one of them will stick, imo. I guess that's an ok strategy, but I'd rather have more early picks than more later picks.

overall, if Barr works, this could be a defining draft (assuming Teddy works, which I am). I like what they did at DE/QB/OG. I don't love this draft as much as I did last year's at this time, but if Teddy is a top 10 QB, everything else is gravy.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star
    I'm thoroughly sick of Manziel. He might work out as a QB but I think I would love to hate him as a Viking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12