Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Spring training performance nonsense, vol. 9284919 . . .

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts
    Blog Entries

Spring training performance nonsense, vol. 9284919 . . .

In looking up who the Yankees might call up for relief help (Kevin Whelan, perhaps) instead of the ludicrous notion that they would trade anything of value for Matt Capps, I noticed that in 86 at bats for Scranton/W-B, Steve Pearce is going ape with a 1.055 OPS.

Sure glad the Twins make preposterous roster judgments based on spring training performance . . .

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 345 Times in 182 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shanewahl View Post
    In looking up who the Yankees might call up for relief help (Kevin Whelan, perhaps) instead of the ludicrous notion that they would trade anything of value for Matt Capps, I noticed that in 86 at bats for Scranton/W-B, Steve Pearce is going ape with a 1.055 OPS.

Sure glad the Twins make preposterous roster judgments based on spring training performance . . .
    If Steve Pearce was on the roster for the Twins now, would they have another win? He was hurt all spring (so I would argue they should have put him on a DL instead of just letting him go), but it's not like the Twins don't have enough AAAA types.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 430 Times in 261 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. Plus there were other issues with Steve Pearce last Spring. Let just say that he was not the nicest person to be around, and live it at that.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98