Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 137 of 137

Thread: Post-game Roster Move(s)

  1. #121
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,600
    Like
    3
    Liked 320 Times in 202 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDean View Post
    If you needed more reasons, Licey brought Ford on for the DWL postseason earlier this year. He was majorly clutch, and my coworker, who is a big Licey fan (grew up in DR) was really happy about the acquisition. Licey won the championship.... As such, I daresay SweetLou has more postseason success than almost any current Twins player. Leadership cred.
    3-for-8 with a double and a RBI in the 2012 postseason!

    Ford was actually pretty dominant at AAA in 2012 too (puts some of our recent AAA sluggers into perspective!). He would certainly accept a minor league deal to play at Rochester, right? Even if he wasn't 40-man rostered? Unless he's drawing an unusually (suspiciously?) large paycheck as a player/coach in Long Island...

  2. #122
    Senior Member All-Star crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    1,219
    Twitter
    @crarko
    Like
    155
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    • Mike Berardino ‏@MikeBerardino 3m
      2 corresponding moves coming Friday. HIcks should be one if he passes concussion test.


      Don't know about Arcia.

      Sounds like that wrist is an ongoing problem.
    I suppose that's why they haven't announced yet. If Hicks fails the test and Arcia isn't ready there will be full torch and pitchfork mode here, I'm sure.
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

  3. #123
    Senior Member All-Star LaBombo's Avatar
    Posts
    2,813
    Like
    1,635
    Liked 1,674 Times in 836 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Yeah, wrist injuries never linger for players who don't play for the Twins.
    Brock, the Twins came perilously close to failing to put a major league ball club on the field today. Some would argue they did fail.

    Just imagine the Twins not showing up for the opening game of the series because the team plane landed at the wrong airport. Piloting an airliner requires less education and expertise than practicing medicine, but it's similar in the sense that relatively few people are qualified to do so, and most people know little about what the job entails.

    And yet when the Northwest Airbus flight from San Diego to the Twin Cities ended up a hundred miles into Wisconsin, nobody hesitated to call for the pilots' figurative heads, and probably rightly so.

    The Twins front office's flight from San Diego to the Twin Cities is over the north shore of Lake Superior and, pending tomorrow's potentially wacky maneuvering, about to be shot down by Canada. Everyone they employ, including their vaunted medical wizards, is therefore open to scrutiny.
    Last edited by LaBombo; 05-08-2014 at 03:32 PM.

  4. These 2 users like LaBombo's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    mike wants wins (05-09-2014), Sconnie (05-08-2014)

  5. #124
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,093
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    48
    Liked 1,581 Times in 822 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    Brock, the Twins came perilously close to failing to put a major league ball club on the field today. Some would argue they did fail.

    Just imagine the Twins not showing up for the opening game of the series because the team plane landed at the wrong airport. Piloting an airliner requires less education and expertise than practicing medicine, but it's similar in the sense that relatively few people are qualified to do so, and most people know little about what the job entails.

    And yet when the Northwest Airbus flight from San Diego to the Twin Cities ended up a hundred miles into Wisconsin, nobody hesitated to call for the pilots' figurative heads, and probably rightly so.

    The Twins front office's flight from San Diego to the Twin Cities is over Lake Superior and about to be shot down by Canada. Everyone they employ, including their vaunted medical wizards, are therefore open to scrutiny.
    You're right. Make baseless accusations, that's always the right move.

    Gather up a posse, we'll lynch the bastards.

  6. This user likes Brock Beauchamp's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Cris E (05-08-2014)

  7. #125
    Senior Member All-Star Sconnie's Avatar
    Posts
    1,088
    Like
    606
    Liked 391 Times in 259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    You're right. Make baseless accusations, that's always the right move.

    Gather up a posse, we'll lynch the bastards.
    Do you remember when the NW flight missed the MSP airport by 100 miles? There was serious calls for firings and rightfully so.

    while Twins baseball isn't life and death, it's far more egregious of mistakes being made.

  8. This user likes Sconnie's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    LaBombo (05-08-2014)

  9. #126
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,093
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    48
    Liked 1,581 Times in 822 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    Do you remember when the NW flight missed the MSP airport by 100 miles? There was serious calls for firings and rightfully so.

    while Twins baseball isn't life and death, it's far more egregious of mistakes being made.
    Let's stay on topic. Someone made a baseless accusation about Arcia's wrist injury lingering, implying incompetence because a player once had a wrist injury and later did not after he had an offseason to heal. I responded.

    This has nothing to do with pilots missing airports or roster moves. The comment was made specifically about Arcia's wrist injury.

  10. #127
    Senior Member All-Star LaBombo's Avatar
    Posts
    2,813
    Like
    1,635
    Liked 1,674 Times in 836 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    You're right. Make baseless accusations, that's always the right move.

    Gather up a posse, we'll lynch the bastards.
    There's no doubt that just plain old bad luck is a factor in the current roster origami/tsunami. That being said, if (good) luck is the residue of design, then bad luck is the solid waste of bad design.

    The outfield today consisted of a shortstop, a catcher, and an outfielder who many hoped in ST would never see Opening Day, let alone substantial time in the outfield. The postgame consisted largely of commentators scouring the forty man roster for healthy, major league-worthy outfielders, to no avail.

    Terry Ryan, who is loathe to publicly criticize anyone, has voiced his concerns about the Twins trainers and medical staff. And Rob Antony, who is likely largely responsible for some questionable moves in Ryan's absence, doesn't know his xFIP from his lower lip.

    I'm not going to change your mind, so I'll simply say I envy you your faith, pick up my pitchfork and torch, and join the mob.

    Looks like the Dark Side was just a brief phase for you after all.


  11. #128
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,093
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    48
    Liked 1,581 Times in 822 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    There's no doubt that just plain old bad luck is a factor in the current roster origami/tsunami. That being said, if (good) luck is the residue of design, then bad luck is the solid waste of bad design.

    The outfield today consisted of a shortstop, a catcher, and an outfielder who many hoped in ST would never see Opening Day, let alone substantial time in the outfield. The postgame consisted largely of commentators scouring the forty man roster for healthy, major league-worthy outfielders, to no avail.

    Terry Ryan, who is loathe to publicly criticize anyone, has voiced his concerns about the Twins trainers and medical staff. And Rob Antony, who is likely largely responsible for some questionable moves in Ryan's absence, doesn't know his xFIP from his lower lip.

    I'm not going to change your mind, so I'll simply say I envy you your faith, pick up my pitchfork and torch, and join the mob.

    Looks like the Dark Side was just a brief phase for you after all.

    Or maybe I'm just capable of blaming them for one thing but not something else completely unrelated that happens to other teams all the time.

  12. #129
    Senior Member All-Star LaBombo's Avatar
    Posts
    2,813
    Like
    1,635
    Liked 1,674 Times in 836 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Or maybe I'm just capable of blaming them for one thing but not something else completely unrelated that happens to other teams all the time.
    My last sentence and the pic did not have the intended effect, apparently. At any rate, have a better day than the Twins did.
    Last edited by LaBombo; 05-08-2014 at 04:25 PM.

  13. #130
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    302
    Like
    166
    Liked 30 Times in 24 Posts
    I have stated this numerous times here and elsewhere: Terry Ryan is a great scout and evaluates prospects with the best in the business. When it comes to assembling a club at the MLB level he is VERY average. Antony may be calling the shots now, maybe not, but assembling a MLB club is definitely an issue in this organization.

  14. This user likes Siehbiscuit's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    mike wants wins (05-09-2014)

  15. #131
    Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Posts
    438
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Like
    116
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pleiss View Post
    When the Twins call up Guerrier I'm going to pour out three beers and weep. I can't understand that move, no way, no how. Jason Bartlett was a hard enough pill to swallow for this ball club.

    I promised to pour out three beers in protest. I keep my promises.

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100928490420111

  16. These 2 users like Paul Pleiss's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Halsey Hall (05-08-2014), JB_Iowa (05-08-2014)

  17. #132
    Senior Member All-Star crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    1,219
    Twitter
    @crarko
    Like
    155
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pleiss View Post
    I promised to pour out three beers in protest. I keep my promises.

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100928490420111
    Check the permissions for that, unless you intended it to be private.
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

  18. #133
    Senior Member All-Star LaBombo's Avatar
    Posts
    2,813
    Like
    1,635
    Liked 1,674 Times in 836 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Siehbiscuit View Post
    ...Antony may be calling the shots now...

    I weep for the future.

  19. #134

  20. #135
    Senior Member All-Star crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    1,219
    Twitter
    @crarko
    Like
    155
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pleiss View Post
    I think I've made it public now. You'll have to try again.
    It works. I hope you keep the higher quality stuff around for yourself.
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

  21. #136
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    739
    Like
    56
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pleiss View Post
    I think I've made it public now. You'll have to try again.
    I could smell it! All was not lost.

  22. #137
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Posts
    557
    Like
    58
    Liked 163 Times in 84 Posts
    ok - so right now the Twins have the following active position players

    Suzuki and Pinto - C
    Colabello and Mauer (Day to Day) - 1B
    Dozier - 2B
    Escobar and Santana - SS
    Plouffe - 3B
    Kubel - LF
    Nuñez - UTIL

    Any word yet on Hicks and Arcia for this weekend series?

    Looking back at this week, obviously this was a huge mess. Even a team with a great contingency plan in place would be hard pressed to field a team when Arcia/Hicks/Fuld/Mauer/Willingham are all unable to play at the same time.


    I sincerely hope that Guerrier and Burton are pitted against one another for the next week or so and the Twins take one (or both!) off the 40-Man and replace them with some younger talent.


    The outfield depth throughout the organization is stronger than it looks; the problem is that it is all too young to help the big league club at the moment. The options are not great - the Twins could potentially seek a trade to move some spare parts from their AAA team for someone elses spare part outfielders. Would any team trade an AAA (or even AAAA) outfielder for Bernier? or Fryer (blasphemy, I know)?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.