Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 137

Thread: Post-game Roster Move(s)

  1. #101
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    219
    Like
    43
    Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    This is getting ridiculous! You have to feel bad for Escobar, having to play Left Field last night for the first time and now today Center field. Ohh if only Buxton had not started the season hurt, he would probably have been called up.

  2. #102
    Senior Member All-Star LaBombo's Avatar
    Posts
    2,821
    Like
    1,648
    Liked 1,680 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    One. Bench. Player. The only thing more certain than current Twins management stomping on its own plumbing is that someone will be along shortly to defend them doing so. This borders on the embarrassment of having the team just literally not show up for a game. And the thin veneer of competitiveness stands a good chance of being wiped away in a single week.
    Last edited by LaBombo; 05-08-2014 at 12:04 PM.

  3. These 2 users like LaBombo's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Hosken Bombo Disco (05-08-2014), jokin (05-08-2014)

  4. #103
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,713
    Like
    1,159
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Can never have too much pitching John.
    Lighten up Francis....

  5. #104
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,643
    Like
    3
    Liked 326 Times in 204 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    Whats Lew Ford up to? He'd be an upgrade in the outfield and he's only in his late 30s.
    He was a playoff starter in 2012 for Baltimore! Still playing in the independent Atlantic League:

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=ford--001jon

  6. #105
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    104
    Like
    9
    Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrupp09 View Post
    I wonder if bringing up Guerrier is a set up for potentially DFA Burton? Give Guerrier a couple appearances to show that he is back and then DFA Burton for an outfielder. Not to defend the front office/Gardy which clearly have had issues with roster management but I wonder if they know something that we don't.
    What a complete cluster@#%$#% this roster has become. Forcing Escobar to play OF was bad enough, now things got worse instead of better.

    I usually give the FO the benefit of the doubt since it's their job & they should have far more insight than us average fans but this is ridiculous.

    Even if Guerrier still is a decent relief pitcher(& that's debatable) this makes little sense. The only strength to this team is it's bullpen & we already have more relief pitchers than we should. How is adding a 35yr old RP a big help? I know Burton has been struggling but I think his future is at least as good as Guerrier's & we have plenty of relief arms in the minors.

    I can't figure out what's going on. Are they actually worried about losing Guerrier? So what. I like him & all but he has about the same long term value as Jason Bartlett does.

    Send Florimon down. I think Nunez should come up & Santana go down but either is a better option right now. Add either Arcia or Parmelee so we can actually have an OF playing the OF

  7. #106
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,740
    Like
    870
    Liked 852 Times in 548 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by spycake View Post
    He was a playoff starter in 2012 for Baltimore! Still playing in the independent Atlantic League:

    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=ford--001jon
    And by clicking on your link, I see he's still playing CF! How sad the franchise has fallen so low, that Sweet Lou is an obvious upgrade at this point.

  8. #107
    Senior Member All-Star LaBombo's Avatar
    Posts
    2,821
    Like
    1,648
    Liked 1,680 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    And by clicking on your link, I see he's still playing CF! How sad the franchise has fallen so low, that Sweet Lou is an obvious upgrade at this point.
    In other words, a more realistic option in every conceivable way than the recently retired Bartlett...

  9. This user likes LaBombo's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    jokin (05-08-2014)

  10. #108
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,643
    Like
    3
    Liked 326 Times in 204 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    In other words, a more realistic option in every conceivable way than the recently retired Bartlett...
    But Ford is 3 years older than Bartlett. You seem to forget we're on a youth movement!

    Also, what does Ford have to do for the Twins to call him? They're apparently interested in re-acquiring any member of the 2006 team who is willing to play relatively cheaply, and all of their outfielders have spontaneously combusted. Maybe Lew needs to initiate the contact? Is Lew following Twins Daily on Twitter? Can we get this message to him?

  11. These 3 users like spycake's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    jokin (05-08-2014), LaBombo (05-08-2014), mike wants wins (05-08-2014)

  12. #109
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,740
    Like
    870
    Liked 852 Times in 548 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by spycake View Post
    But Ford is 3 years older than Bartlett. You seem to forget we're on a youth movement!

    Also, what does Ford have to do for the Twins to call him? They're apparently interested in re-acquiring any member of the 2006 team who is willing to play relatively cheaply, and all of their outfielders have spontaneously combusted. Maybe Lew needs to initiate the contact? Is Lew following Twins Daily on Twitter? Can we get this message to him?
    Here's his twitter link: https://twitter.com/Captainlew20

    Here's his agent's website: http://www.lswbaseball.com/ (They represent Mike Trout, so maybe they know something about other available OFers)

  13. #110
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,643
    Like
    3
    Liked 326 Times in 204 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Even better: Lew Ford is the Long Island Ducks hitting coach too! Good sign that he could replace Bartlett's veteran leadership and Pelfrey's clubhouse character.

    As much as I mock the Twins for getting the band back together, bringing back Lew Ford, even for a week, would be all kinds of awesome. If the 40-man roster spot was free (60-day DL or Eric Fryer?), I would promise not to utter one negative word about the transaction.

  14. These 3 users like spycake's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    LaBombo (05-08-2014), mike wants wins (05-08-2014), TheDean (05-08-2014)

  15. #111
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,607
    Like
    3,679
    Liked 3,167 Times in 1,356 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I agree. I don't like the Guerrier move either but that doesn't mean you double down on creating unnecessary roster crunch.Calling up Arcia is the logical move in my opinion. At least the guy can hit.
    you wouldn't have to "double down" on opening up 40 man spots if you used the spot opened up for Guerrier to instead add Parmelee. What is so all fired important about not losing Matt Guerrier?
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

  16. This user likes USAFChief's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Mr. Brooks (05-08-2014)

  17. #112
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,325
    Like
    1,303
    Liked 1,285 Times in 742 Posts

  18. #113
    Senior Member All-Star crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    1,223
    Twitter
    @crarko
    Like
    155
    Liked 776 Times in 408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Happy to see Santana stay. Since Nunez is presumably in for Fuld, I expect this will be Hicks and Arcia.
    Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

  19. #114
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,325
    Like
    1,303
    Liked 1,285 Times in 742 Posts
    • Mike Berardino ‏@MikeBerardino 3m
      2 corresponding moves coming Friday. HIcks should be one if he passes concussion test.


      Don't know about Arcia.

      Sounds like that wrist is an ongoing problem.


  20. #115
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    127
    Like
    0
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Thank goodness Florimon is gone... If nothing else, that's addition by subtraction for the offense... Now, if they could just subtract Correia from the equation... Things would be even better....
    Last edited by gmarais66; 05-08-2014 at 02:54 PM.

  21. This user likes gmarais66's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    mike wants wins (05-08-2014)

  22. #116
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    121
    Like
    26
    Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spycake View Post
    Even better: Lew Ford is the Long Island Ducks hitting coach too! Good sign that he could replace Bartlett's veteran leadership and Pelfrey's clubhouse character.

    As much as I mock the Twins for getting the band back together, bringing back Lew Ford, even for a week, would be all kinds of awesome. If the 40-man roster spot was free (60-day DL or Eric Fryer?), I would promise not to utter one negative word about the transaction.
    If you needed more reasons, Licey brought Ford on for the DWL postseason earlier this year. He was majorly clutch, and my coworker, who is a big Licey fan (grew up in DR) was really happy about the acquisition. Licey won the championship.... As such, I daresay SweetLou has more postseason success than almost any current Twins player. Leadership cred.

  23. #117
    Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Posts
    1,287
    Like
    82
    Liked 332 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    • Mike Berardino ‏@MikeBerardino 3m
      2 corresponding moves coming Friday. HIcks should be one if he passes concussion test.


      Don't know about Arcia.

      Sounds like that wrist is an ongoing problem.





    Might be time to send Arcia to see the Balt trainers about his wrist. They fixed up Hardy in no time after the Twins staff had issues with it.
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

  24. These 6 users like Winston Smith's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Cris E (05-08-2014), Hosken Bombo Disco (05-08-2014), JB_Iowa (05-08-2014), mike wants wins (05-08-2014), Mr. Brooks (05-08-2014), ScottyB (05-08-2014)

  25. #118
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,112
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    49
    Liked 1,588 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Might be time to send Arcia to see the Balt trainers about his wrist. They fixed up Hardy in no time after the Twins staff had issues with it.
    Yeah, wrist injuries never linger for players who don't play for the Twins.

  26. #119
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    604
    Like
    101
    Liked 287 Times in 145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Yeah, wrist injuries never linger for players who don't play for the Twins.
    I think the Twins medical staff is intentionally hurting the players. Why else would Twins players be getting hurt?

  27. #120
    Senior Member All-Star LaBombo's Avatar
    Posts
    2,821
    Like
    1,648
    Liked 1,680 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by spycake View Post
    But Ford is 3 years older than Bartlett. You seem to forget we're on a youth movement!
    Lew has forgotten too, and until he remembers he's a viable option.

    The postgame roster discussion was like a CSPAN congressional investigation of a shuttle disaster, and those are people with a clear agenda of promoting the Twins.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.