Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Post-game Roster Move(s)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    I wonder if bringing up Guerrier is a set up for potentially DFA Burton? Give Guerrier a couple appearances to show that he is back and then DFA Burton for an outfielder. Not to defend the front office/Gardy which clearly have had issues with roster management but I wonder if they know something that we don't.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    They clearly know things we don't. Doesn't mean they are good or bad at their job. Doesn't mean every decision they make is good or bad. People get replaced all the time, because not everyone is good at their job.
    Lighten up Francis....

3. This user likes mike wants wins's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (05-08-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    In regards to the 3 SS situation, even with the small sample size, it is a much better idea to keep Santana/Escobar rather than anyone and Florimon. Even if it requires the Twins to expose Florimon, they have to do something. Florimon is seriously in danger of falling below .100 for a batting average. No matter how good the glove is, no one can overcome that.

5. This user likes kdrupp09's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (05-08-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 67 Posts
    The only reason I can thing of is that Guerrier is French for warrior, i.e. someone who battles, perhaps even at the expense of their derriere.

7. These 4 users like Monkeypaws's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

kdrupp09 (05-08-2014), LaBombo (05-08-2014), mike wants wins (05-08-2014), snepp (05-09-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
    The only reason I can thing of is that Guerrier is French for warrior, i.e. someone who battles, perhaps even at the expense of their derriere.
    Priceless!

9. This user likes kdrupp09's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (05-08-2014)

Liked 397 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Actually, they needed to send down 2 with Guerrier getting the call- but Gardy is holding sway with management for maintaining his 13 pitcher stance. The frustration I saw from Gardy leaves me guessing that Arcia was also going to be announced, but since he was scratched tonight, he may have had a setback. And the front office is apparently unwilling to expose another player to waivers to call up Parmelee, which tells you where he stands with both Gardy and management, as I'm pretty certain he'd be up if Gardy really wanted him.
    My assumption on "one" pitcher needing to go to AAA, is being replaced by a position player. Now that Guerrier is up, two pitchers need to go to AAA, but since Guerrier is a crap shoot and Deduno can only go 4 innings they have to keep a 13th pitcher.

You may be right that Gardy was frustrated as a result of Arcia aggravating his injury on the day he was supposed to be called up.

Good point on Parms, either he's too valuable to risk later or he isn't valuable enough to risk losing Burton or Florimon over. I'm better latter.... Sad...

Liked 1,285 Times in 742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LewFordLives View Post
    We lost a game tonight because we had a shortstop in left field.

And today we have a shortstop in Center Field. No matter how strange it gets with this team, it seems like there is always more.

12. This user likes JB_Iowa's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (05-08-2014)

Liked 1,285 Times in 742 Posts

14. These 4 users like JB_Iowa's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (05-08-2014), mike wants wins (05-08-2014), snepp (05-09-2014), Tibs (05-08-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 70charger View Post
    This is pretty much where I'm at too, and I'm usually pretty patient as well. I feel pretty bad for Escobar, because if he makes that catch, we're in extras. He knows it too, I'm sure. But by being stuck in left field with no experience, he was set up to fail. Who knows how Guerrier fits into this team and how it will set the team up to fail in a future game?
    Yes. Not fair to Twins fans, and just as importantly, not fair to Escobar.

16. These 2 users like Hosken Bombo Disco's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (05-08-2014), Tibs (05-08-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't complain much, but wow, this roster is a mess.
    I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Jeremy, there's been some pushback disputing an option remaining for Florimon. Have you double-checked your sources on his status in that regard? It seems like sending him down is the obvious move if that option is still an option.
    Confirmed. Florimon has an option remaining.

The problem with all of this, though, is that there just aren't position players ready to contribute. Although having a somewhat able body beats having an unable body.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,588 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    The problem with all of this, though, is that there just aren't position players ready to contribute.
    The problem with all of this is that the position player they currently have on the roster isn't ready to contribute, either.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Today, the Twins should have swapped Nunez for Florimon. Today the Twins should have DFAed someone and recalled Parmelee for Herrmann or a pitcher. Mauer needs to go to the DL

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Today, the Twins should have swapped Nunez for Florimon. Today the Twins should have DFAed someone and recalled Parmelee for Herrmann or a pitcher. Mauer needs to go to the DL
    Parmelee requires a 40 man move. Too early to fall into that trap.

Arcia, on the other hand...

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    Confirmed. Florimon has an option remaining.

The problem with all of this, though, is that there just aren't position players ready to contribute. Although having a somewhat able body beats having an unable body.
    Correct. The problem is that somehow this system has NO OF in AAA or AA that is a better OF than Escobar, Bartlett, or Hermann.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 214 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Parmelee requires a 40 man move. Too early to fall into that trap.

Arcia, on the other hand...
    Guerrier also required a 40 man move, and the Twins didn't really need another reliever.

24. These 7 users like Boom Boom's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

DJL44 (05-08-2014), Hosken Bombo Disco (05-08-2014), LewFordLives (05-08-2014), mike wants wins (05-08-2014), Mr. Brooks (05-08-2014), Taildragger8791 (05-08-2014), USAFChief (05-08-2014)

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    Guerrier also required a 40 man move, and the Twins didn't really need another reliever.
    I agree. I don't like the Guerrier move either but that doesn't mean you double down on creating unnecessary roster crunch.

Calling up Arcia is the logical move in my opinion. At least the guy can hit.

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    The radio guys just said Mauer has done some workouts. General soreness is the reason he is out of the lineup today.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 88 Times in 31 Posts
    Bilateral back weakness

28. These 2 users like Jaykay's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

h2oface (05-08-2014), Mr. Brooks (05-08-2014)

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 54 Times in 30 Posts
    Whats Lew Ford up to? He'd be an upgrade in the outfield and he's only in his late 30s.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast