Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 334

Thread: Game Thread: Twins @ Indians, 5/7 @ 6:05 pm CT

  1. #141
    Senior Member Triple-A Reider's Avatar
    Posts
    377
    Like
    224
    Liked 115 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    To be fair, it was a play that not every major leaguer would make every time.
    Agreed.
    But he's not a gifted fielder, the play was not made, and I'm gonna gripe.

    And now in the top of the inning Cola gets robbed by good defense (other side of the field, for those into symmetry).
    You guys want to have fun in this thread, so that's what I'm doing too.

  2. This user likes Reider's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Riverbrian (05-07-2014)

  3. #142
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,755
    Like
    4,851
    Liked 2,287 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    And I miss Butch Huskey's glove in the outfield...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtDwFWfa8JQ
    I loved that... Could watch it all day.

  4. #143
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,678
    Like
    2,653
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Reider View Post
    Agreed.
    You guys want to have fun in this thread, so that's what I'm doing too.
    I wasn't disagreeing with you about Cola's play, in case it came out that way.

  5. #144
    Senior Member All-Star LaBombo's Avatar
    Posts
    2,818
    Like
    1,642
    Liked 1,678 Times in 838 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Morris agonizes over where the tradeoff threshold between offense and defense is with Florimon...


  6. This user likes LaBombo's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    sampleSizeOfOne (05-07-2014)

  7. #145
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer sampleSizeOfOne's Avatar
    Posts
    577
    Like
    167
    Liked 484 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    To be fair, it was a play that not every major leaguer would make every time. But he's not a gifted fielder, the play was not made, and I'm gonna gripe.

    And now in the top of the inning Cola gets robbed by good defense (other side of the field, for those into symmetry).
    Meh, your gripes probably wouldn't have been satisfying enough... sour gripes.

    And thanks for pointing out the symmetry! I hadn't caught that one.

    "Looks like we're gonna need a bigger glove."

  8. These 2 users like sampleSizeOfOne's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    ashburyjohn (05-07-2014), Riverbrian (05-07-2014)

  9. #146
    Senior Member All-Star LaBombo's Avatar
    Posts
    2,818
    Like
    1,642
    Liked 1,678 Times in 838 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I loved that... Could watch it all day.
    Kelly's near-apology for letting him even play the field was what reminded me of it...

  10. This user likes LaBombo's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Riverbrian (05-07-2014)

  11. #147
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer sampleSizeOfOne's Avatar
    Posts
    577
    Like
    167
    Liked 484 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    Morris agonizes over where the tradeoff threshold between offense and defense is with Florimon...

    Nice video!

    Never seen a whoopy cushion do that before.

    ... And now we see why they keep Gomes on...
    "You have no idea how often I contemplate the wavefunction of baseballs. I've
    lost whole days to the subject.

    Sorry, not a joke,"
    ++(a pro physics friend)

  12. This user likes sampleSizeOfOne's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Riverbrian (05-07-2014)

  13. #148
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,284
    Like
    252
    Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
    I was just about to post that Nolasco looked pretty good. Then he gave up 6 bases on two swings. I'll just stop thinking for a while.

  14. These 2 users like big dog's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    ashburyjohn (05-07-2014), Riverbrian (05-07-2014)

  15. #149
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,755
    Like
    4,851
    Liked 2,287 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    I wasn't disagreeing with you about Cola's play, in case it came out that way.
    But... You guys both agree that Jeff Goldblum's character in Independence Day... being the ex-husband of a key member of the Presidents inner circle was awfully convenient and the fact that Will Smith's stripper fiancée finding the 1st Lady after the crash suggest that they all lived in a very small world.

  16. These 3 users like Riverbrian's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    ashburyjohn (05-07-2014), LaBombo (05-07-2014), Willihammer (05-07-2014)

  17. #150
    Senior Member Triple-A Reider's Avatar
    Posts
    377
    Like
    224
    Liked 115 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    I wasn't disagreeing with you about Cola's play, in case it came out that way.
    You said you were griping about his play, but being fair at the same time, so it didn't come across as you disagreeing with me.

  18. #151
    Senior Member All-Star LaBombo's Avatar
    Posts
    2,818
    Like
    1,642
    Liked 1,678 Times in 838 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by sampleSizeOfOne View Post
    Nice video!

    Never seen a whoopy cushion do that before.

    ... And now we see why they keep Gomes on...
    Thanks. Hoping not to get 'Spoiler' PM hate mail from people still meaning to see it in the theater, but it was too good to pass up as a metaphor for hearing that from a previously rational Jack Morris.

  19. This user likes LaBombo's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Riverbrian (05-07-2014)

  20. #152
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,678
    Like
    2,653
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Can we get Dozier a first baseman's glove?

  21. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Riverbrian (05-07-2014)

  22. #153
    Senior Member All-Star Sconnie's Avatar
    Posts
    1,097
    Like
    614
    Liked 397 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    Like I said, hindsight is 20/20. I'm sure if we had signed Nyjer Morgan in January we would've had 30 threads about how unhappy people were with the signing and how bad it was for the clubhouse and how it was going to block playing time for Hicks or Arcia or a million other factors.

    This is in no way saying our current situation is good or better or even remotely acceptable.
    Hindsight may be 20/20 and foresight is probably closer to 20/600 but even with 20/600 vision you can see that in January, going into camp with exactly zero center fielders with major league success and only two options at CF between AAA and MLB is problematic. As GM you look for options 365 days a year and try to sign free agents starting at midnight the day the World Series is over. I don't care if it was Morgan specifically, just that TR still hasn't solved the problem.

  23. This user likes Sconnie's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    LaBombo (05-07-2014)

  24. #154
    Senior Member All-Star Sconnie's Avatar
    Posts
    1,097
    Like
    614
    Liked 397 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    Thanks. Hoping not to get 'Spoiler' PM hate mail from people still meaning to see it in the theater, but it was too good to pass up as a metaphor for hearing that from a previously rational Jack Morris.
    That scene is in every preview, no worries about spoilers

  25. This user likes Sconnie's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    LaBombo (05-07-2014)

  26. #155
    Twins Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    8,755
    Like
    4,851
    Liked 2,287 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    Hindsight may be 20/20 and foresight is probably closer to 20/600 but even with 20/600 vision you can see that in January, going into camp with exactly zero center fielders with major league success and only two options at CF between AAA and MLB is problematic. As GM you look for options 365 days a year and try to sign free agents starting at midnight the day the World Series is over. I don't care if it was Morgan specifically, just that TR still hasn't solved the problem.
    S and Sconnie... Welcome to the game thread... Love having you guys aboard but we normally don't debate extremely hard here.

  27. #156
    Senior Member All-Star crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    1,220
    Twitter
    @crarko
    Like
    155
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    Thanks. Hoping not to get 'Spoiler' PM hate mail from people still meaning to see it in the theater, but it was too good to pass up as a metaphor for hearing that from a previously rational Jack Morris.
    Unless that's from Godzilla I think we're good.
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

  28. These 4 users like crarko's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    ashburyjohn (05-07-2014), LaBombo (05-07-2014), Riverbrian (05-07-2014), sampleSizeOfOne (05-07-2014)

  29. #157
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    3,574
    Like
    198
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    32
    Hitters 3-5 are really struggling, as are hitter #7 and #9.
    Last edited by stringer bell; 05-07-2014 at 07:53 PM.

  30. #158
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,678
    Like
    2,653
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    S and Sconnie... Welcome to the game thread... Love having you guys aboard but we normally don't debate extremely hard here.
    Bill Smith woulda signed Nyjer.

  31. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Riverbrian (05-07-2014)

  32. #159
    Senior Member All-Star LaBombo's Avatar
    Posts
    2,818
    Like
    1,642
    Liked 1,678 Times in 838 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    But... You guys both agree that Jeff Goldblum's character in Independence Day... being the ex-husband of a key member of the Presidents inner circle was awfully convenient and the fact that Will Smith's stripper fiancée finding the 1st Lady after the crash suggest that they all lived in a very small world.
    Forgave those issues because the dog survived the tunnel explosion, former Taxi star Judd Hirsch's performance as The Fly's dad


    and most of all Harry Connick's impression of Jesse Jackson.

  33. This user likes LaBombo's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Riverbrian (05-07-2014)

  34. #160
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    197
    Like
    2
    Liked 54 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    S and Sconnie... Welcome to the game thread... Love having you guys aboard but we normally don't debate extremely hard here.
    Fair enough.

  35. This user likes S.'s post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Riverbrian (05-07-2014)

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.