Liked 164 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Gleeman and the Geek, Episode 144: Mauer's Back and Stella's

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    News Release: A great cry of joy was heard coming from the apartment of a local Seattle man, who, after listening to the most recent episode of Gleeman and the Geek, a Minnesoa Twins themed, alcohol fueld podcast, begain shouting for joy because there was not a single mention of John's reoccuring gout flare-ups. The Seattle man had only this to say "Any day that John is gout free, is a good day to be a Twins fan, hashtag it's happening."

Keith Olbermann mentioned Gleeman and the Geek tonight
    Last edited by orangevening; 05-08-2014 at 08:15 AM. Reason: "The Geek"

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    orangevening - are you really serious about what you say about Olbermann's mention here? Please advise. Or is this some silly remark that is going over all of our heads?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,598 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He mocked GATG for wanting to talk about the Twins. Good stuff.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That's awesome!

Seriously, it was about Apple deleting podcasts from thier istore. Something about MLB too. Olbermann thought it was funny that someone wanted to podcast about the Twins and even funnier that someone wanted to litsen to a podcast about the Twins (oooch - alittle)

Liked 399 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Man! Lindsey Gentzel is a pro!

Liked 399 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It is awesome, and if Aaron Gleeman and John Bonnes want to talk about the Twins, and 14,000 people want to listen, why stop them?

Hey guys - This is my first post on TwinsDaily after following each of your separate blogs for years and TD since its inception. I've been an avid G&G listener and have never missed an episode....until now. I am disappointed with the quality of this podcast. It seems as Aaron's social exploits have increased, the quality has decreased. Where once you talked Twins, now it's how much Gleeman drank in Uptown, what inane thing he said to the bartender at Stella's, or something similar. I'm sure most listeners are happy that you have improved yourself Aaron, and have overcome social anxiety, but the show has suffered. I for one (of the 14,000) will not listen anymore. I may check back in a few weeks to see if it is more of the same. And maybe that is what the show is now and I should adjust my expectations appropriately. I hope that's not the case though. Thanks and love the site.

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by benji21 View Post
    Hey guys - This is my first post on TwinsDaily after following each of your separate blogs for years and TD since its inception. I've been an avid G&G listener and have never missed an episode....until now. I am disappointed with the quality of this podcast. It seems as Aaron's social exploits have increased, the quality has decreased. Where once you talked Twins, now it's how much Gleeman drank in Uptown, what inane thing he said to the bartender at Stella's, or something similar. I'm sure most listeners are happy that you have improved yourself Aaron, and have overcome social anxiety, but the show has suffered. I for one (of the 14,000) will not listen anymore. I may check back in a few weeks to see if it is more of the same. And maybe that is what the show is now and I should adjust my expectations appropriately. I hope that's not the case though. Thanks and love the site.
    Well said.

Liked 1,681 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by benji21 View Post
    I've been an avid G&G listener and have never missed an episode....until now.
    This sentiment is likely on the rise with a good share of the audience, and probably more so in the overlap area of the Venn diagram of TD posters and GG listeners.

My guess is that many of the frequent TD posters are Bonnes' age or older, and while still able to appreciate a non-baseball anecdote or tolerate a plug here and there, are not terribly interested in verbal beer-commercial montage recountings of evening social pursuits. AG is witty and self-effacing, but after a while, bar...'and then she said'... yawn.

If I understand the format correctly, the podcast is about evenly split between the KFAN segment and the primarily non-baseball podcast-only stuff. Would be interesting to see the listenership split if G&tG podcasts were offered in both KFAN-only theatrical release and the extended director's cut with AG social life commentary that they're currently going with.
    Last edited by LaBombo; 05-12-2014 at 09:55 PM.