Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Moves that are warranted

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 42 Times in 28 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There's no point bringing up Parmelee until Willingham is traded. Given his struggles finding that form again I'm content to leave Parm in AAA until sept call ups.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tobi0040 View Post
    If I am paying $150 for my family of four to park, go to the game, and have a snack, don't I deserve to watch major league players?
    Yup.....that's essentially all I've been saying ever since the Twins received a taxpayer-paid stadium- which inflated the team's value by somewhere between double and triple its previous value.....and then promptly started to strip the team of its major leaguers, a process that is still leaving 2 huge holes at critical positions in its roster.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Blog Entries
    Escobar to the full time SS & Deduno finally back in the rotation has been done already. The ones that still need to happen.

1) Nunez being the super ute with Florimon going to AAA should be next.

2) DFA Burton & call up Pino.

3) Try trading Duensing, Corriea, & Willingham to contenders for best prospect available.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmathewson View Post
    BTW, what's the code for the n with the tilda thingy on top?
    Alt241

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_Waved_At_Me View Post
    Danny Santana hasn't been on the field yet, has he? Was the promotion just to reward the kid with some Major League catering? I assumed that he would have played in at least one of the Baltimore games.
    a. Santana is/was a safety blanket in case there is an injury to Fuld. Right now, he is the backup centerfielder.

b. Catering? Think again: about $3,000 a game, which is the league minimum per game.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor0333 View Post
    Escobar to the full time SS [...] has been done already..
    Really? Who is playing SS today and played SS yesterday?

Florimon needs to get demoted to save Gardy from himself.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 141 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer07 View Post
    I agree his window is "shrinking" in the sense that everyone's window is shrinking as they get closer to death. But as tobi pointed out, Hicks hasn't even gotten a full season at the Major League level. Have we gotten so impatient that a prospect must be above-average within 5 months of arrival? If that were the standard, I would imagine that boatloads of current MLBers would never have gotten the chance to excel.

I don't think anyone expects him to be above average at this point.
    I think people would settle for showing some improvement. I think after last year was so bad, people just assumed that there was nowhere to go but up.
    Yet, here we are 5 weeks into 2014 and his numbers look mostly the same as his 2013 numbers. When you set the bar so historically low in your rookie year, it raises some red flags when you are not even able to clear that very low bar the next year.

I also think it is fair to question just how dedicated he is to baseball.
    Here is a guy whose bosses asked him to play winter ball after one of the worst offensive debuts in baseball history, and he said, "no thanks, I'm good."

Senior Member Triple-A
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    Really? Who is playing SS today and played SS yesterday?

Florimon needs to get demoted to save Gardy from himself.
    While I agree, that doesnt mean he wont ever play to give guys days off. Yesterday was so Plouffe could rest & today is probably for Escobar to rest. Seems like he's been in the lineup a lot lately.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 141 Times in 74 Posts
    While I agree, that doesnt mean he wont ever play to give guys days off. Yesterday was so Plouffe could rest & today is probably for Escobar to rest. Seems like he's been in the lineup a lot lately.
    Yes, 5 games played in 9 days is grueling, I'm surprised Escobar can even walk, let alone play baseball.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks View Post
    Yes, 5 games played in 9 days is grueling, I'm surprised Escobar can even walk, let alone play baseball.
    Tonight we are all glad he didn't walk.

11. These 2 users like ashburyjohn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (05-06-2014), snepp (05-05-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry, but Hermann and Florimon come up time and time a again with runners in scoring position and just cannot deliver. The black hole has to end

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I say he stays to Mid season all star game. Why not help Miracle get to 1st half playoff spot. Rock Cats aren't going anywhere this half. Besides he hasn't had any live hitting this year (not really).

14. This user likes lightfoot789's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (05-06-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There's no point bringing up Parmelee until Willingham is traded. Given his struggles finding that form again I'm content to leave Parm in AAA until sept call ups.
    I would rather have Parms up and not playing everyday and have Arcia playing everyday in Rochester. Maybe taking Parms off the 40-man was a wake up call. It seems the switch has now turned on for Plouffe, maybe Parmalee can have the same thing happen.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 378 Times in 232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lightfoot789 View Post
    I say he stays to Mid season all star game. Why not help Miracle get to 1st half playoff spot. Rock Cats aren't going anywhere this half. Besides he hasn't had any live hitting this year (not really).
    Who? Buxton? While the Twins certainly want to be kind to their affiliates, when it comes to their top prospects they absolutely should not be basing promotions on what's best for them. Buxton, Sano, Meyer and company are property of the Minnesota Twins, not the Fort Myers Miracle, New Britain Rock Cats or Rochester Red Wings. These guys need to be positioned to what is best for the player and the big club long term.

Besides, the Twins probably should worry less about bumping attendance in Fort Myers and more about bumping the attendance at Target Field.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like Hicks is doing OK. He should be off the concussion DL by the end of the road trip. I thought all along he needed a trip to Rochester, but maybe he and Fuld platoon, with Sam also getting a good number of ABs at the corners. Herrmann isn't a big league hitter, he should be sent down and Pinto would lose most of his DH at-bats, but if Arcia or Parmelee can man right field there shouldn't be a problem with that (Colabello as DH).

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Sounds like Hicks is doing OK. He should be off the concussion DL by the end of the road trip. I thought all along he needed a trip to Rochester, but maybe he and Fuld platoon, with Sam also getting a good number of ABs at the corners. Herrmann isn't a big league hitter, he should be sent down and Pinto would lose most of his DH at-bats, but if Arcia or Parmelee can man right field there shouldn't be a problem with that (Colabello as DH).
    Could be Hicks, Arcia, and Nunez all come in at or before the end of the trip. Presumably Santana, Darnell, and either Florimon or Herrmann go out.
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    Has Darnell made an appearance yet? Or did they get unlucky and call him up right at the beginning of this stretch of good starts for our starters?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,585 Times in 823 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrupp09 View Post
    Has Darnell made an appearance yet? Or did they get unlucky and call him up right at the beginning of this stretch of good starts for our starters?
    No appearances yet, which is a good thing because he's slotting into Deduno's long relief role. If your long reliever is out there, that means your starter was terrible or he got injured.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 271 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TKGuy View Post
    I'm sorry, but Hermann and Florimon come up time and time a again with runners in scoring position and just cannot deliver. The black hole has to end

This is more common in little leagues, the rally killers come up and you know the inning is over. The difference is, anyone that signs up gets to play little leagues and this is the big's.

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 214 Times in 100 Posts
    Something has to be done about Herrmann. It's pathetic that he's starting as a corner outfielder on a team with a short bench and an extra pitcher.

He hasn't caught an inning yet. If he's not going to catch, he's wasted space.

If Gardy's so worried about losing his DH for a few innings, stop DHing Pinto. It's not like he's on fire anymore. I'm concerned that Pinto is going to have to be demoted or injured to stop the three-catcher insanity.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast