Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Even if the Twins did not had enough reasons to get out of Rochester...

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 444 Times in 271 Posts
    Blog Entries

Even if the Twins did not had enough reasons to get out of Rochester...

...here is another one

In order to accommodate the Yankees' request,
    Rochester's scheduled home game on Sunday against the Buffalo Bisons
    will now be played as part of a doubleheader on Saturday.
    Clearly the Rochester management has shown their priorities with this one.

Welcome the Rochester Yankees for 2013... and any serious Twins' fan should f(orget about) Rochester...
    Last edited by Thrylos; 05-03-2012 at 08:04 PM.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 216 Times in 137 Posts
    Not sure what the big deal is. Yankees AAA team is homeless this year while their park gets an uplift. A number of their home games will be played in Rochester. The IL has to make some concessions to the schedule for it.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 444 Times in 271 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The big deal is (and I am looking at it from a Twins' fan's perspective) that the management of the Twins' AAA affiliate decided to reschedule a game of the Twins' AAA club (which is paying a big part of the bills, btw) and inconvenienced that team to play a double header the day before (think messing with SPs) in order to accomodate the Yankees' wishes.

And that game was scheduled already for another ballpark. Batavia. It holds about 2000 people. Yankees did not like it. Thing is that Pettite is starting so the Yankees wanted to move it to the bigger (Rochester) park and their lakeys who are supposedly looking for the Twins' interests decided to make the Red Wings play an unscheduled double header on Saturday and not play a game on Sunday.

So the Rochester Management decided to inconvenience the Twins and their players (big time) to cater to the Yankees.

F(orget) them
    Last edited by Thrylos; 05-03-2012 at 08:52 PM.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if the Yankee's request had a check attached to it...

Who. F-ing. Cares.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 504 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Maybe the Twins can move their AAA affiliate to Minneapolis. The last I heard they didn't have a team.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Yes that would work they could play in the Metrodome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Maybe the Twins can move their AAA affiliate to Minneapolis. The last I heard they didn't have a team.
    zing! awesome

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Dude, seriously, you need to find a way to relax. I have never seen anyone get so worked up over the inconsequential. First it was letting Hughes go. Then it was Gardy going to his daughter's graduation. Now it's a rescheduled AAA game. What's next? A 3,000-word rant about how the Willingham's decision to use cloth instead of disposable diapers for their newborn son is adversely impacting the Twins approach at the plate?

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I do like the idea of Madison, WI as a AAA affiliate as mentioned by another poster in another thread earlier today. I think it's far enough away from Minneapolis, yet close enough to help build the fringes of Easter Twins Territory. I don't think travel to other IL cities would be too prohibitive either. I'd prefer Des Moines, since I live there, but don't see the Cubbies leaving this affiliation anytime soon.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 504 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by silverslugger View Post
    I do like the idea of Madison, WI as a AAA affiliate as mentioned by another poster in another thread earlier today. I think it's far enough away from Minneapolis, yet close enough to help build the fringes of Easter Twins Territory. I don't think travel to other IL cities would be too prohibitive either. I'd prefer Des Moines, since I live there, but don't see the Cubbies leaving this affiliation anytime soon.
    Madison would be a cool and fun place to seemingly go to a AAA ball game, but they are a 1:15 hour drive from Milwaukee and 2:30 hour drive from Chi-Town. If anyone was to have a AAA affiliate in Madison, it should be the Brewers. Someone on one of the threads proposed the idea of Sioux Falls being the Twin's AAA destination. I could see that as being viable. Sioux Falls is chill, but somewhat nice. I have some family out in that area and they are Big Time Twins fans and most of that area seems to be aligned to the Twins. Why not give it a try?

Wouldn't Milwaukee have territorial rights to a AAA team in Madison?