Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dave Cameron: Are the Twins becoming a team of Joe Mauers?

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 857 Times in 552 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Cameron tends to hold a grudge when he says something that belongs in the Preposterous Statement Tournament, doubles down on stupid by ridiculing anyone who dares disagree, and then is proven badly wrong.

In 2009, Cameron wrote a piece critical of the Twins for extending Kubel. The money quote: "In what world is Kubel better than Eric Hinske?" Kubel put up a .907 OPS that year, and Cameron got a lot of (deserved) grief over it.

I laughed when the Mariners signed Robbie Cano, the subject of perhaps the most famous of Cameron's preposterous statements.
    Hopefully, Cameron will have more crow to chew on quite soon....remember this ditty from a year ago?

Nationals Steal Denard Span From Twins

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,598 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yep. I respect a lot of what Cameron says but when he's wrong, he'll just keep doubling down on stupid until it's hard to take anything he says seriously anymore.

Unfortunate, because he's a pretty smart guy and could be a great writer if he could let go of the hubris.

3. These 2 users like Brock Beauchamp's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

PseudoSABR (04-26-2014), USAFChief (04-26-2014)

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Yep. I respect a lot of what Cameron says but when he's wrong, he'll just keep doubling down on stupid until it's hard to take anything he says seriously anymore.

Unfortunate, because he's a pretty smart guy and could be a great writer if he could let go of the hubris.
    I think that he should keep writing on things he knows about, like the Mariners, and quit talking about teams that he never watches play (unless they play the Mariners,) like the Twins. That's the biggest problem with him and lot of others who are trying to become "national" overnight...
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Blog Entries
    "I don’t think anyone expects guys like Colabello and Kubel to keep hitting."

I was was going to say that this was good locker room bulletin board material.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 73 Times in 50 Posts
    Maybe the most interesting stat would be Cameron's swing (and miss) rate...?
    Feel free to pile on about Suzuki.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12