Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's weird, I'm getting excited again.

It's weird, I'm getting excited again.

The Twins have made me go all-in, again. Can't wait to catch the Twins in action this weekend, HOPEFULLY!

Excited for the #2 offense in the league to add a couple legit threats to the lineup soon, with Arcia and Willingham coming within the next week or so, I'd assume.

Hope they bring Nunez with them and send Escobar, Herrman, and Burton down. I'd like to keep Herrman up so that Gardy will not be afraid to use Pinto, but hopefully the way Pinto has performed will force Gardy to face his biggest fear! ONLY TWO CATCHERS ON 1 ROSTER!

2. This user likes twinscowboysbulls's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Willihammer (04-22-2014)

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
    Pleasantly surprised they haven't completely sucked, which is what I expected. They'll keep me interested to watch them progress...there may be hope after all. Woo hoo!!

The Twins 2014 Motto: "We Don't Completely Suck"

5. This user likes blindeke's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Mr. Brooks (04-22-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blindeke View Post
    The Twins 2014 Motto: "We Don't Completely Suck"
    #buzzkill #80wins?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 67 Posts
    Now, lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Weren't the Twins at or over .500 into mid May last season?

Aw go for it.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    PLEASE.....
    Don't make it weird!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
    That's a good call. My perspective early on became clear- I felt like the Twins having the tying run at the plate in the ninth inning was a moral victory. Hey, we could have tied that up! We weren't totally blown out of this game!

Now I have already bought in so that I'm disappointed when they lose. That didn't take long.

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 198 Times in 97 Posts
    ...aaaaaaand you jinxed it.

11. These 3 users like 70charger's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Oldgoat_MN (04-24-2014), snepp (04-22-2014), Tibs (04-24-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinscowboysbulls View Post
    Hope they bring Nunez with them and send Escobar, Herrman, and Burton down. I'd like to keep Herrman up so that Gardy will not be afraid to use Pinto, but hopefully the way Pinto has performed will force Gardy to face his biggest fear! ONLY TWO CATCHERS ON 1 ROSTER!
    Escobar and Burton have no options. If they bring up Nunez, Florimon gets demoted because he can only play shortstop. They tried to see if he could play multiple positions, but he is uncomfortable everywhere but SS. Burton could get DFA'd, which they seem to be more willing to do with players this season. My guess is he won't be. Instead expect Tonkin to be sent down again - but he'll be back soon. Herrmann will probably be sent down, but with Willingham and Arcia coming back (after rehab stints) and Herrmann gone, it will mean fewer at-bats for Pinto.

The question becomes - how do you get Willingham, Arcia, Kubel, Pinto and Colabello in the lineup at the same time?
    Last edited by ScottyB; 04-22-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    Escobar and Burton have no options. If they bring up Nunez, Florimon gets demoted because he can only play shortstop. They tried to see if he could play multiple positions, but he is uncomfortable everywhere but SS. Burton could get DFA'd, which they seem to be more willing to do with players this season. My guess is he won't be. Instead expect Tonkin to be sent down again - but he'll be back soon. Herrmann will probably be sent down, but with Willingham and Arcia coming back (after rehab stints) and Herrmann gone, it will mean fewer at-bats for Pinto.
    Isnt burton signed thru next year making pretty good (for a reliever) money? He isnt going anywhere but the dl in my opinion. I do agree with hermann getting sent back down unless you option arcia to AAA. I could see that as we need arcia AND Pinto getting ab's everyday. Did u ever think we would be talking about a corner of logjam. Kubel and collebello AND pinto should be in lineup everyday. Joe will come around and isnt going anywhere either. Willingham needs to build his trade value so that we can ship him off...for anything or anyone...ala the return we got for worley.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts
    Burton has an option next year. My guess is Gardy will slot him back to a 5th or 6th inning option for a while, thereby demoting him, but not releasing him. If he builds back into a decent pitcher, he could be traded and permanently replaced by Tonkin.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 54 Times in 30 Posts
    #2 offense in the league

16. These 3 users like S.'s post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Brock Beauchamp (04-24-2014), Paul Pleiss (04-23-2014), USAFChief (04-23-2014)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 141 Times in 74 Posts
    If it lasts longer than 4 hours, call your doctor.

18. These 3 users like Mr. Brooks's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Otwins (04-24-2014), snepp (04-22-2014), USAFChief (04-22-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 149 Times in 78 Posts
    NM. Wrong thread.
    Last edited by howeda7; 04-22-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm still excited to watch this team play. And not just for the inexplicable offense. I enjoy watching Chris Colabello. I have a desire to want Mike Pelfrey to be good at throwing a baseball, and I cant explain why, but I like watching him pitch, he's a baby sasquatch. Brian Dozier is Robinson Cano. Or at least the player you think of when you think of Cano, plus better defense. Heck, I even enjoy making fun of people booing Joe Mauer. I like this team. Win or lose. Lots to complain about, like the strikeouts for the offense and the lack of them for the pitching staff, but hey, I like this team, I like the hope for the future and I even have hope the front office will keep spending money as the prospects develop.

21. This user likes Paul Pleiss's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

USAFChief (04-23-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 42 Times in 28 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Twins have made me go all-in, again. Can't wait to catch the Twins in action this weekend, HOPEFULLY!

Excited for the #2 offense in the league to add a couple legit threats to the lineup soon, with Arcia and Willingham coming within the next week or so, I'd assume.

2 catchers 1 roster is Gardy's version of 2 girls 1 cup.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm very excited also, we seem to have clutch hitting back again, example, getting two more hits in the first inning that plated three runs.

If our starters were halfway decent at this point, besides Gibson, .500 is definitely attainable. (I know, low bar, but after the last three years, I'll take it)

Liked 90 Times in 36 Posts
    If the Twins win two out of three this weekend, they'll finish the week in first place in the AL Central.

"Mediocre breaking balls are a gift from God." - Kirby Puckett

Liked 115 Times in 73 Posts
    RBI machines like Colabello and Suzuki seem to be sparking the offense in general. Dare I say it's an exciting time to be a Twins fan again or is it too early? I know it's early in the season, but to be able to go into Tampa bay and win a series means something, even if it's only April. I respect the Rays organization a lot.

I've always felt that in order for the Twins to improve over last year, their young guys and new acquisitions needed to step up. So far, these are the guys that have been stepping up. Colabello, Plouffe, Suzuki, Gibson, Kubel, Fuld, etc.. Not only are they producing, but they are creating some excitement that has been missing for a few years.

I feel more confident in this team than the last three years. That doesn't automatically mean that they will win more games, but I do believe that they have the bats in the line up to dig themselves out of deeper holes than the last 3 years, which at the very least, means that there should be more exciting games this year.

As much as I like Florimon defensively, he's pretty much the only bat in the line up that needs to step it up in a big way. Hicks needs to step up too, but I can't rip him too much because he hit a 3 run home run today and he's still a young guy that needs more MLB at bats.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Really great to see some people actually excited. As of now the Twins are in the post-season.

27. This user likes Joe A. Preusser's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (04-24-2014)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast