Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's weird, I'm getting excited again.

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 776 Times in 408 Posts
    Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

2. This user likes crarko's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

big dog (04-25-2014)

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A little kiss blown to the older fans, at the end: "now that's some Sweet Music".

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,931 Times in 1,132 Posts
    Is that really them singing? They aren't lip syncing?

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Their ads are getting good again too

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Is that really them singing? They aren't lip syncing?
    Both, I think. Lip synching to themselves for the camera.

The starting pitching is still keeping me from really being excited about the Twins.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pius Jefferson View Post
    The starting pitching is still keeping me from really being excited about the Twins.
    I hope you are at least enjoying the Twins.

9. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

diehardtwinsfan (04-25-2014)

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    I'm much more optimistic than I was. This is, of course, why I argued they should sign legitimately good to great players in the offseason, because you just never know.
    Lighten up Francis....

11. This user likes mike wants wins's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Mr. Brooks (04-25-2014)

So by my count, we have 13 people excited? That's great!!

I am skeptical...but excited to be skeptical rather than just having that hopeless feeling. I think the real question is - how long can this team stay relevant? Mid-May? Into June? Dare I say the Allstar break?

We all like to pick out the Twins weaknesses, but every team has them. Heck, Detroit would love to have Florimon playing SS....if only there offense would kick in. We would kill for Detroit's pitching...if we could keep our offense. Bottom line is that every team in the AL Central has flaws. You think Detroit wouldn't trade bullpens? Is there any reason to pitch to Cabrera this year? I don't see a Fielder like threat waiting in the wings.
    Last edited by gocgo; 04-25-2014 at 10:25 AM.

14. This user likes gocgo's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

gil4 (04-25-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 813 Times in 513 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm most excited by whom the production is coming from. Plouffe, Dozier, Colabello, and Pinto are all hitters who could be considered pieces of the next wave. That's without factoring Arcia, and what's looking like a potential re-emergence of Parmelee in AAA. I'm not expecting them to compete for a pennant, but this could be a rather enjoyable season.

Quote Originally Posted by twinscowboysbulls View Post
    The Twins have made me go all-in, again. Can't wait to catch the Twins in action this weekend, HOPEFULLY!

Excited for the #2 offense in the league to add a couple legit threats to the lineup soon, with Arcia and Willingham coming within the next week or so, I'd assume.

Hope they bring Nunez with them and send Escobar, Herrman, and Burton down. I'd like to keep Herrman up so that Gardy will not be afraid to use Pinto, but hopefully the way Pinto has performed will force Gardy to face his biggest fear! ONLY TWO CATCHERS ON 1 ROSTER!
    As Mike Tice would say "Calm down".

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    After the way this season has started out, I'm sure Ryan is asking himself "why did I spend all that money on free agents?" The starting pitching is terrible, except for Gibson, and the beer league offense is raking.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 852 Times in 548 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I'm much more optimistic than I was. This is, of course, why I argued they should sign legitimately good to great players in the offseason, because you just never know.
    Bingo, Mike. How excited would we really be.....and how good would this team look right now with the addition of some combination (pick 2) of Drew, Bonifacio, Sizemore and Abreu also on the roster? And Ervin Santana in the rotation at 3/$36M instead of Pelfrey?

Imagine if we'd signed Garza and Kazmir instead of Nolasco and Hughes...

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
    So we have "the glass is half full and rising", "at least the glass is half full" and "well, the glass isn't cracked like I thought but it ought to be really really full".

21. This user likes big dog's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (04-25-2014)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
    Triple quadruple like. It must be a lot easier to lip-synch when you have a quarter-pound of mustache covering the bottom part of your face.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinscowboysbulls View Post
    The Twins have made me go all-in, again. Can't wait to catch the Twins in action this weekend, HOPEFULLY!

Excited for the #2 offense in the league to add a couple legit threats to the lineup soon, with Arcia and Willingham coming within the next week or so, I'd assume.

Hope they bring Nunez with them and send Escobar, Herrman, and Burton down. I'd like to keep Herrman up so that Gardy will not be afraid to use Pinto, but hopefully the way Pinto has performed will force Gardy to face his biggest fear! ONLY TWO CATCHERS ON 1 ROSTER!
    I guess you should be cured of this by now.

HEY! THOSE GUYS ARE ALMOST HEALTHY NOW!

I don't appreciate the antagonizing!

Just wait until we knock off Cy-Lander and have a chance to tie or take the lead in the top of the 9th!

Are we still the #2 Offense, or have we went to like #15 offense and bumped our pitching from #29 to #26?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast