Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Hinojosa joins Kernels. Pineda to DL

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hinojosa joins Kernels. Pineda to DL

Infielder Jonatan Hinojosa joined the Kernels on Monday. He replaces outfielder Jeremias Pineda, who fractured his left wrist/hamate diving for a ball in left field on Sunday.

The Kernels have been a bit snake-bitten with regard to injuries already. Pineda joins outfielder Zack Granite and catcher Michael Quesada on the Kernels' Disabled List.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I tweeted yesterday morning that Hinojosa is similar to Engelb Vielma. Very thin, very fast, very solid defensive middle infielder. Slap hitters.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sorry Seth, I didn't see your Tweet. Must have either been while I was, you know, actually WORKING or while I was in car-dealer pergatory trying to make a deal on some wheels.

Hinojosa is LISTED at 5' 11" and 150. I haven't seen him yet, since CR is on the road, but yeah I'm guessing the yards across the street from Vets won't be getting many free baseballs off his bat.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~