Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: The Big Switch: Jason Kubel

Senior Member Triple-A DocBauer's Avatar
    Liked 176 Times in 100 Posts
    Blog Entries
    32, even without roids or greenies is not old. A healthy and in shape Kubes is part of that. He's always been underrated, especially as an OF

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 491 Times in 287 Posts
    I'm back on board. I'd like him to stay in LF full time even when Hammer comes back.

Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to be honest, I was extremely skeptical of him coming into Opening Day. I thought after last year that he was just washed up, but it appears that he still has something left in the tank. I'd be surprised if he kept hitting at this rate, as those are All Star caliber numbers, but I'm encouraged by the signs of life. I would be ecstatic if he ended the season with 125 starts (he's always been prone to get dinged up from time to time) and a line of .275/.335/.450 or so. That's right along with his career line of .265/.332/.456

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There is plenty of at bats available for Willingham, Colabello, Kubel, and Pinto at DH, LF and RF (Pinto will catch some too) however I see Arcia going back to AAA with the emergence of Colabello.

Given the names on that list there are going to be plenty of times when at least a couple of them are dinged up or tired or flat out injured. This is not exactly a series of Ripkens and Gehrigs we're looking at.