Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: The resurgance of Justin Morneau

Liked 104 Times in 62 Posts

The resurgance of Justin Morneau

As with anything this time of year limited sample size alert, but our old friend Justin Morneau is putting up some nice numbers in Colorado. His slash is .346/.386/.538, he isn't hitting for huge power with only 2 home runs but I think everyone understands his big power days are probably behind him. He is still playing excellent defense at first and is being used well with limited at bats vs lefties.

I will always be a Morneau fan and its really nice to see him get back on track, if there is one other team I am routing for this year it is Rox because of Morneau and Cuddles.

http://www.purplerow.com/2014/4/18/5...ng-good-so-far
    "Professionalism - When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S Thompson

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,266 Times in 677 Posts
    Yep, Colorado automatically became my default NL team when Morneau went there.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
    I'm doing the same- checking boxscores and cheering for Justin.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 73 Times in 50 Posts
    Ah, nothing like the mountain air to perk you up...

Very happy for Morneau (and Cuddy and Hawk); thanks for posting this!
    Try my best to keep an eye on former Twins but lord knows they're everywhere...
    Feel free to pile on about Suzuki.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great for Justin, a class act

6. This user likes TKGuy's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

diehardtwinsfan (04-20-2014)

Liked 391 Times in 259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Success away from Coors field is encouraging

Quote Originally Posted by zchrz View Post
    our old friend Justin Morneau is putting up some nice numbers in Colorado... I think everyone understands his big power days are probably behind him. He is still playing excellent defense at first and is being used well with limited at bats vs lefties.

I will always be a Morneau fan and its really nice to see him get back on track, if there is one other team I am routing for this year it is Rox because of Morneau and Cuddles.

http://www.purplerow.com/2014/4/18/5...ng-good-so-far
    He's had his power stroke working for a while now. He's on the NL leader board top ten in avg, slg, rbi, doubles and tied for 14th HR (1 shy of the top ten.)

I thought he was ready last season to have this season. Wish that were true.

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...nl-player-week

Liked 144 Times in 80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PopRiveter View Post
    He's had his power stroke working for a while now. He's on the NL leader board top ten in avg, slg, rbi, doubles and tied for 14th HR (1 shy of the top ten.)

I thought he was ready last season to have this season. Wish that were true.

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...nl-player-week
    If he did have that year, what would the Twins have done with him? Would they still have traded him (presumably for a bigger return)? Would they have re-signed him? Then what would have become of our former all-star catcher who is now manning 1B?

My guess is they would still have traded him, but it would have been nice to get more for him (even if he was just a rental.)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    We never should of traded him. I hope he has huge success there and it's entirely possible. One of my all tme favorites, and really just a nice guy.

Nice to see those trees in the outfield don't bother him.

Sold or not, empty seats behind homeplate are an eyesore and an embarrassment.