Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/17): A Pitch for Pino

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/17): A Pitch for Pino

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not saying they will but if some of the major league starters continue to struggle with starters in AAA pitching well. How long will they stick with them? And what would they do with the MLB starters having multi year deals?

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 823 Times in 517 Posts
    Blog Entries
    starters with multi-year deals are going to pitch longer. That's just how it is. I wouldn't be shocked if TR was able to find a buyer for KC at one point to get an AAA guy a shot, but this rotation that we currently field is what's going to be pitching in MN for the forseable future.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I saw Pino pitch at Spring Training and was not impressed at all. I watched Pino pitched at the doubleheader last Saturday and was very impressed, especially with his ability to change speeds and locations with his FB and his slider and change were as good as usual. He was really fooling batters who did not know what was coming. The interesting thing is that while with the Twins, Pinto's FB was at high 80s. Saturday it was sitting between 89-91 and once he reached back and got a 94. I think that he can contribute to the Twins' pen right now...