Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: Has the clock run out on Jared Burton?

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He might come back and be effective, but Burton needs to stay away from high-leverage situations for a while. I think there are a lot of very good options in the minors, so if the Twins want to trade one or two of their veteran relievers, it might be a good idea.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts
    How much rope does this guy get? Today 26 pitches; 14 strikes, 2BB's; 2 hits; 1 run. Please don't keep him over Tonkin.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    How about Tonkin gets to pitch to more than 1 guy a game?
    Lighten up Francis....

4. These 2 users like mike wants wins's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Sconnie (04-25-2014), ScottyB (04-24-2014)

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,297 Times in 523 Posts
    He's been really unlucky in the home run department (25% HR/FB). Once that normalizes his ERA will be at a respectable 6.50 in no time.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

I love it when I get to tell everyone how right I was, but in my preseason predictions I said he'd be done. Looks I was right, don't mind that I also included Duensing in that sentence as well.... Do doo doo.

Liked 3,170 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    He's been really unlucky in the home run department (25% HR/FB). Once that normalizes his ERA will be at a respectable 6.50 in no time.
    On the plus side, all those HRs keep his BABIP down.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

8. This user likes USAFChief's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (04-25-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by twinscowboysbulls View Post
    I love it when I get to tell everyone how right I was, but in my preseason predictions I said he'd be done. Looks I was right, don't mind that I also included Duensing in that sentence as well.... Do doo doo.
    I agree on the Duensing deal. This would be a good time to sell high, with his ERA at 0.00 after 9 games, cause this sure isn't gonna last. Think about replacing him with Kris Johnson (and maybe give him a spot start).

Just a reminder - another bad outing by Burton. Dump this guy now, and you can add Pelfrey to my dump list. And oh yeah, it's time to send down Florimon as well. I give guys long ropes to hang themselves, but didn't Gardy say in ST its time to put up or shut up. Do your job or we'll move on. It's time to move on from these three. I'm done with them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123