Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/12): Awesome Aussie

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/12): Awesome Aussie

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 27 Posts
    I know its early but Stewart isn't getting many strikeouts. The ground balls are great but should we be worried?

I can't wait for the next strikeout artist to pitch for the Twins. Liriano was one but he was widly inconsistent and before that was Santana. And all I see is other organizations getting strikeout pitchers like they are growing on trees.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drock2190 View Post
    I know its early but Stewart isn't getting many strikeouts. The ground balls are great but should we be worried?
    No, there is no need to be worried.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Are Stewart and Meyer on inning/pitch count limits?

Liked 722 Times in 383 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nice report. Thanks, Seth.

Aussie, Aussie ,Aussie

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post
    Are Stewart and Meyer on inning/pitch count limits?
    All Twins minor league starters are going about 75-85 pitches at this point.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 144 Times in 75 Posts
    Daily MiLB recaps are my favorite part of TD, and it's not close.
    Good stuff Seth.

BTW, your boxscore link for the FTM game is broken.

Liked 77 Times in 58 Posts
    Blog Entries

I can't wait for the next strikeout artist to pitch for the Twins. Liriano was one but he was widly inconsistent and before that was Santana. And all I see is other organizations getting strikeout pitchers like they are growing on trees.
    I watched an interview on the local news (Cedar Rapids) and Kohl said the coaches were having him only throw 2 pitches and to focus on just hammering the strike zone with those pitches.

I don't know for sure, of course, but that may have had to do with the strikeouts. As from the interview, it felt like they wanted him to focus on developing, location and effectiveness, of those pitches.

Blog Entries
    I noticed Vielma came out of the game early last night...for Wade. Hoping it wasn't injury related.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 34 Posts
    What do people think Beresford's chances of getting a shot at SS for the Twins? I see he barely played there last year. I'm thinking partially because he was playing with Santana at AA. I can't remember who was playing SS for Rochester second half last year that would have blocked him though. Prior to last year though he played 2/3 of his games there.

Either way, he's been hitting pretty well for the last year or so and has a .345 career OBP. I don't expect him to set the world on fire but if he's capable defensively, I'd like to see him at least get the proverbial "cup of coffee."

Blog Entries

Can't find the interview I mentioned...

But here's a little bit of another interview, where you hear some comments from Kohl...

Pitching in front of his mother and father, he showed a smooth, repeatable delivery, a fastball that topped out at 94 miles per hour and a solid changeup. His breaking ball was inconsistent.

“Exactly,” he said, when offered the theory his outing was a solid foundation from which to build this season. “I just want to keep pounding the zone. Hopefully I can get better and better.”

“For a young kid like that, he’s got pretty good command,” Mauer said. “He’s got a big arm. We’ve got to clean up some of the other things, some of the small things around it, but he was very impressive. His first start here was a good one, no doubt about it.”

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks View Post
    Daily MiLB recaps are my favorite part of TD, and it's not close.
    Good stuff Seth.

BTW, your boxscore link for the FTM game is broken.
    Thank you, and thank you!! I think I've fixed that link.

I read this website daily appreciate the time you spend on these reports. Any news on Buxton? Have been looking and can't seem to find anything about his status. Thanks again

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 198 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Waverley Wildcat View Post
    Aussie, Aussie ,Aussie
    Is this where we say "Oi, oi, oi!"?

Are you from Melbourne?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 144 Times in 75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmils View Post
    I read this website daily appreciate the time you spend on these reports. Any news on Buxton? Have been looking and can't seem to find anything about his status. Thanks again
    http://twinsdaily.com/showthread.php...on-out-til-May

Yes I forgot the "oi, oi, oi" and I am from Melbourne and other than James Beresford's family I am probably his biggest fan on this side of the Pacific