Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game 23 - Twins @ Angels - 05/01/12

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 115 Times in 82 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Look at this lineup and the starting pitcher and tell me how it could be possible to win this game? Clete Thomas is terrible, Chris Parmelee doesn't belong here, and Danny Valencia is poor. At least Drew Butera is coming to rescue the Twins.

Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    I agree with Smalley, Liriano's pitching better tonight. It's not getting us jacks**t but they seem to have him on the right meds.
    Still seems like he's getting lit up to me... sigh

Roy Smalley is a JOKE! Even Dick Bremer and Seth Stohs can't compete with his homerism!

The fact that Gardy continues to play Thomas shows he is asking to be fired! Put him out of his misery now.....

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    The Angels had scored 9 runs in their 6 games before the last two games....agree with a poster above, this roster is not constructed to win. Bad drafting (by Ryan), bad trades by Smith, and injuries to their only good pitcher and 2nd best hitter....no depth now that they feel the need to carry 13 pitchers and three catchers, no help in the minors. Don't worry, I bet they take that $15MM drop in payroll (in a year where MLB payroll went up on average) next year and buy some players....
    Lighten up Francis....

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,184 Times in 631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhanson93 View Post
    Still seems like he's getting lit up to me...
    Well I wouldn't call 5 hits getting lit up, one was a damn good bunt by a fast runner but they have taken advantage of his mistakes. 3/1 K-BB , 57 pitches, 34 for strikes, he's gotten ahead of a bunch of batters and just got out of a runner on 3rd, no outs situation.

Not as bad as it's been. Just trying to be positive.

The following players have no business getting regular MLB playing time: Parmelee, Thomas, Carroll, Valencia, Blackburn, Marquis, etc. These guys could be CUT and no other MLB team would give them anything other than the last spot on their 25 man roster IF THAT.

TERRY RYAN, YOU HAVE PUT TOGETHER A GREAT TEAM!!!! Please resign, the game has passed you buy.

Can't wait to see TR draft some soft-tossing strike thrower with the #2 pick that will have a ceiling of 4.5 K/9 and an ERA of 4.50.

Let's all jump on Smalley for questioning the Twins plate discipline.........or is that easy enough for everyone to see?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Twins will never hit with that lineup.

Well I wouldn't call 5 hits getting lit up, one was a damn good bunt by a fast runner but they have taken advantage of his mistakes. 3/1 K-BB , 57 pitches, 34 for strikes, he's gotten ahead of a bunch of batters and just got out of a runner on 3rd, no outs situation.

Not as bad as it's been. Just trying to be positive.
    No probably not as bad..still not good though. It's too easy to get sarcastic/negative with the way he has pitched this year....

Quote Originally Posted by twinswon1991 View Post
    The following players have no business getting regular MLB playing time: Parmelee, Thomas, Carroll, Valencia, Blackburn, Marquis, etc. These guys could be CUT and no other MLB team would give them anything other than the last spot on their 25 man roster IF THAT.

TERRY RYAN, YOU HAVE PUT TOGETHER A GREAT TEAM!!!! Please resign, the game has passed you buy.

Can't wait to see TR draft some soft-tossing strike thrower with the #2 pick that will have a ceiling of 4.5 K/9 and an ERA of 4.50.
    You forgot to take your Valium..............it'll help.

Nice escape!!!! It may not be pretty but that's not Psycho Frankie...averaging 1K/inning

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Just saw this from Joe Christensen via twitter, about as sardonic as I've seen him: #Twins offense flailing away against Jerome Williams in an attempt to take Liriano out of the headlines. #Angels lead 4-0 (bot 5th).

Clete Thomas has struck out 12 times in his last 8 at bats.

I dunno. 5.1 IP, 7 hits, 3 BB, 4 ER, leaves the game with a runner on base after 91 pitches. Sounds like he got lit up to me.

Tough to stay positive. I'd already resigned myself to a bad year before the season started, just hoping to recover some ground and that the team would realize they need to rebuild. I was looking forward to watching some players develop and had my fingers crossed for M & M. Carroll's been fun to watch - I was one of the few fans of that move and he's delivered exactly as promised. I like that Ryan grabbed some offensive show to keep butts in seats, but this team's starting pitching is almost indescribably terrible. I didn't expect much from Liriano, but he's a complete joke, and he was the hope of the rotation.

In the words of The Dude, "that's a bummer, man."

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This game is worse than last night's. And tomorrow I have tickets to see Weaver shut us out. I am praying for rain.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeee View Post
    At least KC has already lost.
    lol, at this rate though, how long can we hang with them!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinswon1991 View Post
    Roy Smalley is a JOKE! Even Dick Bremer and Seth Stohs can't compete with his homerism!
    buh-dump-bump!!

That Howie Kendrick has been one busy dude.

Blog Entries
    Twelve in a row retired by (hack) pitcher Jerome Williams. Only Span has looked decent at the plate tonight.

Blog Entries
    That Howie Kendrick has been one busy dude.
    And he does not even have to move very much.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast