Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Minnesota Wild

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 671 Times in 380 Posts
    Vanek deal is outstanding. I'm skeptical of him but this is a deal you have to risk and hope that stays a dangerous sniper and doesn't go Heatley on us.

Also, I'll just point out that the price for Kesler was one that I hope we were at least considering.

2. This user likes TheLeviathan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

USAFChief (07-02-2014)

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 394 Times in 208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Vanek deal is outstanding. I'm skeptical of him but this is a deal you have to risk and hope that stays a dangerous sniper and doesn't go Heatley on us.

Also, I'll just point out that the price for Kesler was one that I hope we were at least considering.
    I saw on TV that Kesler specifically asked to be traded to Anaheim, the Wild may have never had a real shot to bring him in.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 671 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I saw on TV that Kesler specifically asked to be traded to Anaheim, the Wild may have never had a real shot to bring him in.
    All I heard was that he waived his NTC because he thought he had a shot at the Cup. One would think he'd have had similar feelings about us, but you could be right.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 394 Times in 208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    All I heard was that he waived his NTC because he thought he had a shot at the Cup. One would think he'd have had similar feelings about us, but you could be right.
    I think it may have had to do somewhat with the weather and all of that as well, not that Minnesota isn't a great place, but it should be noted that most of these big name FA we signed (Parise+Suter, Vanek) more or less signed here because they had some ties to the area, Kesler I believe doesn't have any real ties to MSP?

Additionally while the Wild are a definitely a contender, the Ducks for right or wrong are perceived to be closer since they did have the best record in the west last year.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456