-Signed by the Twins as a non-drafted free agent on Sept. 3, 2010

Stats-
    2011-
    DSL TWI (DSL)- 12 G, 6 GS, 32 IP, 2-2 W-L, 3.38 ERA, 31 K, 26 BB, .170 AVG
    2012-
    TWI (GCL)- 10 G, 5 GS, 33.1 IP, 1-3 W-L, 2.38 ERA, 27 K, 20 BB, .204 AVG
    2013-
    ELZ (APP)- 12 G, 12 GS, 55 IP, 3-4 W-L, 2.78 ERA, 46 K, 29 BB, .227 AVG

Yorman Landa will make the move to the bullpen in his first season above rookie ball. He has moved up through short season teams with fellow "big three" members Randy Rosario and Felix Jorge every step up the way since coming over from Venezuala.

Landa has good gas on his fastball but control has been an issue. He has put up good numbers in rookie ball but as he moves to the pen in Cedar Rapids he will look to continue to lower his walk rate. I would expect his K/9 to go way up as he is allowed to air it out one or two innings at a time. I'm looking forward to big things from Landa this year, follow along here for updates as the season moves along!

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 88 Times in 31 Posts
    He made his first appearance of the season today in relief of Kohl Stewart.

2 IP with no ER, 1 hit, 1 BB and 2 Ks.

Edit: I should add, he ended up getting the win tonight too.
    Last edited by Jaykay; 04-06-2014 at 10:20 PM.

Senior Member Double-A
    Got his second win of the season on Friday in somewhat fluky fashion. He allowed three earned runs on two hits and three walks in just one inning but the Kernels scored 4 in the top of the 9th to get him the win.

A much cleaner effort on Sunday though; 1 inning pitched with a hit, a strikeout and no earned runs.

Senior Member Double-A
    Landa has been pitching much better lately and he got his third win of the season tonight. The most encouraging thing for me is that he only has 2 BBs in his last 9 innings of work. Control is the big issue with him and if he continue to throw strikes he's going to be very successful in Cedar Rapids. His stuff is still nasty and he has 13 Ks in his last 8 innings. His last four outings have all been 2 innings so they seem to be using him in a long-relief role which makes sense considering his history of starting.

Landa's numbers to date-
    7 G, 12 IP, 3-0 W-L, 3.75 ERA, 17 K, 6 BB

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Anyone not paying attention to Landa yet should start doing so. Another dominating performance today for CR. He went three innings, facing the minimum. Gave up an infield single that was erased by a DP. 4 Ks. Dominant performance. He's got serious juice.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
    I'm curious if the move to the pen is a permanent one, or if it might be a case where they swap him with one of the starters later in the year as a way of managing innings over the course of the season. Or maybe he moves to the rotation if one of the college guys (Eades or Slegers) gets promoted. Anybody have any insight on this?
    It seems to me that most scouts tend to project guys of his size to the pen.

The Twins apparently have too many starters in CR, so they have switched guys around. I have heard that Landa may go back to starting later in the season.

Senior Member Double-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitz View Post
    I'm curious if the move to the pen is a permanent one, or if it might be a case where they swap him with one of the starters later in the year as a way of managing innings over the course of the season. Or maybe he moves to the rotation if one of the college guys (Eades or Slegers) gets promoted. Anybody have any insight on this?
    It seems to me that most scouts tend to project guys of his size to the pen.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm not sure how much longer Slegers will be in CR and Landa seems like the logical replacement in the rotation.

Senior Member Double-A
    I forgot to mention this a few weeks ago but Landa had shoulder surgery in June and will be out for 6-7 months.

Tough break for the kid but he's still very young and should be able to bounce back in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
    I forgot to mention this a few weeks ago but Landa had shoulder surgery in June and will be out for 6-7 months.

Tough break for the kid but he's still very young and should be able to bounce back in 2015.
    Tore his labrum.