Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Beresford - 2014

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Checking in with Beresford, he's now working on a 9-game hitting streak, with 3 doubles, a triple and 5 multi-hit games in that time.

His split over the past 10 games is .341/.372/.463 for a .836 OPS. Not too shabby!

And guess who's leading the Red Wings in RBI? If you said Deibinson Romero, you'd be right. But if you said James Beresford, you'd also be right. Both players have 26 RBI and each has appeared in 60 games. Yes, I know it's RBI and we all know that's a stat that is largely dependent on guys getting on base ahead of the hitter, but it's still not something a lot of fans would have predicted Beresford would find himself at the top of the leaderboard coming in to the season.

With Dozier, Santana and Escobar already with the Twins and performing well, Beresford's chances of a promotion are going to rely on something dramatic happening, such as an injury or, perhaps more likely, a trade. Just seems to me there must be a MLB team out there somewhere that could use him.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Blog Entries
    Beresford has certainly had a tough stretch his last 10 games or so. He's hit just .147 in that stretch, but hey, he's struck out just 3 times in 38 plate appearances in those 10 games so I guess we just hope some of the contact starts dropping in for hits again.

MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Blog Entries
    It has been a tough couple weeks for Beresford. His slash line the past 10 games is .205/.271/.250 for an OPS of .521. Ouch.

Now sitting at .271/.325/.336 and .661 on the season.

Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Blog Entries
    Great piece from Jim Mandelaro on Beresford's parents, Ian and Chris, visiting the States this month to see their two sons.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...alia/12557883/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12