Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 4/2/14@1:10pm CT

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 280 Times in 152 Posts
    In more positive news, I found a 20 dollar bill in my pants pocket today.

Liked 3,170 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    How about two wild pitches?
    And a balk.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by longstrangetrip View Post
    In more positive news, I found a 20 dollar bill in my pants pocket today.
    Me To!!! I found a 20 dollar bill in my pants pocket today. I was pretty excited but then I remembered... It used to be a $50.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 341 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Me To!!! I found a 20 dollar bill in my pants pocket today. I was pretty excited but then I remembered... It used to be a $50.
    Close to a WC Fields line!
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

5. This user likes Winston Smith's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (04-02-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 280 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Ouch! That's kinda like thinking you have a game won in the 9th only to...never mind.

7. These 2 users like longstrangetrip's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Mr. Brooks (04-02-2014), Riverbrian (04-02-2014)

Liked 1,681 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    And a balk.
    Thanks, forgot about that one. It's only one game and nobody is ready to get out either the tar or the feathers, let alone both.

That said, Deduno's misadventures today were basically a lowlight real of pretty much every concern about using him in high-leverage situations.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 864 Times in 555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    We play the White Sox, what, 67 more times this season? I'm not sure I can take 67 more of this.
    C'mon, if we can just get through tomorrow, the Twins don't play the Whities again until June 19. Semien is bound to be at least viscous by then.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 864 Times in 555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    Hicksie on pace to equal his 2013 walk total and fall just six shy of his 2013 hit total... by the end of April.
    And in the Nick Nelson-esque search for positive trends....this is 2 days now where Hicksie's hit total exceeded his K total.....and the hits just keep on coming....he gets to face lefty Quintana tomorrow....then 2 rainouts out of 3 games in Cleveland.....followed by lefty Kazimir on Monday. At his current pace Hicksie will easily eclipse his April 2013 hit total (8) by April 7.

Oh, and continuing to seek the early positives, Kurt Suzuki is playing so well both at the plate and behind it, we likely won't see Pinto but once a week for at least the entire month of April, and perhaps even longer....Back-up Catchers being used as pinch hitters or DHing? Bah! Who needs em? Pedro Florimon was 0 for 3 with RISP today- Pinto couldn't have PH for Bartlett at the DH spot (WTH???) in the 8th or how about w/ RISP in the 6th, 7th or 9th for P-Flo? Really? Hey, I'm trying to keep the positive vibe flowing....upon reflection and a pummeling around his hairy head and shoulders, it just might occur to Gardy that he's got no choice but to use his other viable RH bench bat besides Colabello at the appropriate time for the likes of Barty and P-Flo.

Am I crazy or did Plouffe look impressive in his at bats yesterday?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,604 Times in 832 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief_Roberts View Post
    Am I crazy or did Plouffe look impressive in his at bats yesterday?
    Plouffe has always had the ability to look impressive over short periods of time. It'd be nice to see him put together longer and more frequent strings of impressive play.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415