Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's your favorite Twin in 2014

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who's your favorite Twin in 2014

It used to be easy for me. I never really had to think about it. When I was little my favorite player was Kirby Puckett. Puck retired after the 95 season and I got away from the game a bit while I was growing up. Radke was my favorite, but I wasn't close to the game. And as I got older, and came back to baseball as an adult, I fell in love again; Michael Cuddyer was my favorite Twin, year after year from 2004 until his departure following 2011. #5. And then he was gone.

In the years since Cuddy has been out of Minnesota, it's been hard for me to settle on a favorite player. in 2012 I was all excited about Brian Dozier and that silky smooth head of hair, but I soured on him a bit, even after he moved over to the right side of the infield and started showing some skills with his bat. I've never been a Joe Mauer guy, and as much as I like Glen Perkins, it's hard for me to get excited about and latch onto a relief pitcher. In 2013 I again put my faith in a young exciting player and Aaron Hicks didn't do much to keep my affections (I am, however, still a big Aaron Hicks fan, i expect big things from him in 2014).

This season I've settled on Mike Pelfrey. I can't explain it. I'm excited for Big Pelf. He's like a miniature sasquatch. I want him to do well. I like how quick he's been pitching this spring, and I just feel like I can compell him to do well in 2014.

Who's your favorite this season?

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    I'm with you-Cuddyer was my guy.

My new guy is Hicksie. He plays with self assurance in the outfield and I think he can outhit his projections. Especially after a couple nice rips off Sale today. It will be fun when he robs his first home run this year

3. This user likes Hosken Bombo Disco's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Paul Pleiss (03-31-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 221 Times in 96 Posts
    Arcia til Sano arrives.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Colabello and Gibson for what they've been through to get here.

6. These 3 users like TKGuy's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

BucknersLegs (04-01-2014), Chance (04-01-2014), messed up (04-01-2014)

Joe Mauer. Even though he doesn't hit home runs or eat new born babies
    Better looking with the lights out.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Cuddyer was my all-time favorite. I now have settled on Dozier as "my guy". I have a half-dozen that I will cheer a bit harder for--Gibson, Pinto, Duensing, Burton (met his grandparents), Perkins, and Plouffe--and some have pretty good stories--Colabello & Pelfrey--so they are easy to root for.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts
    I will really be cheering some of the new guys to do well - Hicks, Arcia, Pinto & Gibson
    I also found myself oddly pulling for Correia in the face of adversity last year

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    Current team ... Dozier, no question. But maybe a little Pinto mixed in.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,598 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't tend to latch onto players but I've been bullish on Arcia for years. He's probably my favorite now, though Hicks is close.

It's too easy to cheer for Joe. He's inhumanly good at baseball which takes a bit of the fun out of cheering for him.

12. This user likes Brock Beauchamp's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

nathanaakre (04-01-2014)

I can't play favorites: Josmil Pinto and Oswaldo Acia.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm pulling for Jason

15. This user likes Willihammer's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

USAFChief (04-01-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    I'm a fan of local guys making good, so Perkins is definitely one, but moreso Thielbar as a SDSU kid.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Liked 399 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I love Arcia and his zeal for the game. He's got swagger, and he has fun. I love watching him trot around the bases making the "O" shape with his hands above his head. I hope to see a lot more of that this year.

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drunksam View Post
    Joe Mauer. Even though he doesn't hit home runs or eat new born babies
    YET.

Joe didn't eat his own new born babies, but have you seen the infant death rate in Minnesota since his arrived with the big league ball club? It's up, WAY UP! I suspect bi-lateral leg weakness was a result of not eating enough new born babies, but I've been unable to confirm or deny through my network of sources.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 859 Times in 553 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    I'm pulling for Jason
    What? Which one is it? Marquis or Tyner coming out of retirement?

21. These 2 users like jokin's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

USAFChief (04-01-2014), Willihammer (04-01-2014)

Chris Colabello + Kyle Gibson and Kevin Slowey (MIA)

Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There's too many to name, it's hard to narrow it down. I know I criticize the team and its players all the time, but I truly want to see them do well. Last year my guy was Dozier. I loved the progress I saw out of him last year.

This year, I'm really pulling for Aaron Hicks to figure it out. I think he was overwhelmed last year and he clearly has the tools. I really want to see him put it together. Good start today!

Another guy I love on this team is Colabello. He's got one of the best road to the big leagues stories I've heard. Today when he got the first hit of the season, I said to my roommate that if they were to make a movie about him, that's the end of it. Great story.

The pitcher I was extremely excited to see make the team is Kyle Gibson. As a former top prospect who's gone through a lot of adversity, I really want to see him succeed in a make or break year of sorts. I think he has the talent to become a solid 3-4 in the future rotation slotting in behind Meyer and Stewart.

The last guy I want to mention that I get excited about is Eduardo Escobar. I love his personality on the field and think he's a better option today than Pete Florimon. If given the chance I think he could be a semi-valuable role player. I'm all aboard Brad Swanson's #Eddie400 bandwagon!
    I just started the blog Troy Williamson's Hands which is about MN sports and whatever else I want to write--you can find it at http://troywilliamsonshands.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @dose17

24. This user likes Jdosen's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Paul Pleiss (04-01-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer amjgt's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Hicks and Colabello

Pitching... Deduno

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 668 Times in 377 Posts
    Hicks. I'm dying for a speed element on this team and would love if he could add to Buxton's infusion down the line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast