Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lots of Twins Minor League Transactions

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 339 Times in 216 Posts
    There's no chance that the Boer as starter experiment is over is there? It seems he could use more seasoning developing other pitches, but had he remained a closer out of the draft, Ft. Myers likely would have been his destination to begin with.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think he'll remain a starter for the time being to work on pitches, strengthen arm, etc. they like to have college pitchers work out of the bullpen after they sign to keep innings down.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    Slama must do something that turns the Twins management off. Had one brief opp,was not great and then poof, off the 40-man roster. He'll only get back on if they dump someone else.

I see Guerra getting a shot in the 2nd half of the season. Manship will have to be throwing harder than in ST to get a callup.
    He walks to many batters and has never been able to fix that. In the major leagues, his control (or lack of control) will cause him to be constantly behind in the count. We all know what happens when you are constantly behind to big league hitters. It is a shame, cause he could be very good if he could get his walks under control!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Seth, Hermsen is moving up to fill Luke French's spot in the starting rotation. French also moved up to Rochester, likely to fill Deduno's spot in the Red Wings rotation.

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    Also good to see Boer on the fast track, though his lack of whiffs in Beloit this year was a bit perturbing. Hopefully just a SSS fluke.
    He also went from a one-inning reliever to a starter, which dragged down his strikeout rate no doubt.

We do try to keep the Twins farm system up-to-date at www.twinscards.com

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For anyone wondering Niko Goodrum and Max Kepler will not be playing in Beloit this year as many people speculated they would. They will be headlining next year's Class A affiliate which is not likely to be Beloit.
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

Quote Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
    For anyone wondering Niko Goodrum and Max Kepler will not be playing in Beloit this year as many people speculated they would. They will be headlining next year's Class A affiliate which is not likely to be Beloit.
    Are the Twins dumping Beloit??

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    MOre like Beloit dumping them..... just kidding.... yeah likely a new affiliate for single a.

GreenGoblin nice to see you bud, its been since the scout.com days
    Top Twins prospects ? 1.Byron Buxton (OF-A+)
    2.Miguel Sano (3B-AA) 3.Alex Meyer (SP-AA) 4. Kohl Stewart (SP-RK) 5. Nick Gordon (SS-RK) 6. J.O. Berrios (P-A) 7. Josmil Pinto (C-AAA) 8. Eddie Rosario (2B-AA) 9. L. Thorpe (SP-RK) 10. Travis Harrison (3B-A) 11.Kennys Vargas (1B-A+) 12. Trevor May (SP-AA) 13. Jorge Polanco (2B-A) 14. Max Kepler (OF-A) 15. Miguel Sulbaran (SP-A) Just Missed:P Zach Jones, SS Aderlin Mejia, P Stephen Gonsalves, C Stuart Turner.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Tuesday - May 1 - Wilkin Ramirez promoted from Ft. Myers to New Britain. Cole Nelson promoted to Ft. Myers from Extended Spring Training.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Are the Twins dumping Beloit??
    Thats the word on the street

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrinaldi View Post
    Thats the word on the street
    I've heard that the Twins are moving into Cedar Rapids (currenty the Angels' ML affiliate). If so, Twins' fans who live in MN and are interested in the minors will rejoice, not only because it is less than 4 hrs from the Cities by car, but because there are several direct flights from MSP to Cedar Rapids daily...
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 339 Times in 216 Posts
    The Twins and Rochester have been on shakey ground for awhile now. I was hoping the AAA team would have eventually made their way into Iowa. The Twins affiliates in Beloit AND Cedar Rapids could help expand their regional influence into the Brewers/Cubs/Cardinals domain.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    The Twins and Rochester have been on shakey ground for awhile now. I was hoping the AAA team would have eventually made their way into Iowa. The Twins affiliates in Beloit AND Cedar Rapids could help expand their regional influence into the Brewers/Cubs/Cardinals domain.
    Not only Rochester but New Britain is up for grabs the coming off-season. I am willing to bet that the Twins will have 3 new MiLB affiliates for 2013 (other than the Miracle - and BTW the Lee County Board today approved the improvements for the Twins' ST complex and Hammond Stadium - a total of $60M - which will likely keep the Twins there until 2050...)

To get a AAA team in IA/WI/MN, the Twins will either need to out the Cubs from Des Moines (tough) or have one of the other 15 PCL teams move (probably easier, but where? need to have a place to sustain a team). There is no way the PCL is expanding because it has 4 divisions of 4 teams each and is geographically too diverse. I do not see the IL moving that much West, but you never know...
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    I've heard that the Twins are moving into Cedar Rapids (currenty the Angels' ML affiliate). If so, Twins' fans who live in MN and are interested in the minors will rejoice, not only because it is less than 4 hrs from the Cities by car, but because there are several direct flights from MSP to Cedar Rapids daily...
    Some may make it in under 4 hrs. I was checking that for future reference, maps I checked say 4hrs/36 minutes minimum.
    But would be nice to move there. I remember them being in the quad cities when they got flooded.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    I also cannot see them getting a AAA franchise in MN/IA/WI

too tough to draw crowds, unless they somehow unseat the Iowa Cubs. I would doubt that.

Probably wind up in Syracuse or Buffalo. Bleh.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    The thing about the Brewers,Cubs,Cardinals that is different than the Twins and their Low A affiliate is that they make it feel like you entering a part of their organization in each of their stadiums. Wisconsin's contract with the Brewers does not expire after this year so they are not a factor. It just seems that the Twins are the least involved team with their class A affiliate (Beloit) which may have to do with the new stadium deal not being done yet. These are the teams that expire after this year in All of A baseball. I honnestly wouldn't be surprised to see the Twins A affiliate next year be in the Sally league. If the Twins were so worried about location like you suggest, then why haven't they moved their AAA team to the International league or their AA team to the Southern league? The longest tenure that a Twins Class A affiliate has held before Beloit was QC for 6 years.Overall I think the Twins would like to move to the Sally league to try and get more attendance (they draw extremely high numbers) as well as having a closer base to where the head of their Minor League department is located (Fort Myers). Overall moving to the Sally is ultimately what I think the Twins do. Having any distance to Minnesota does not seem like it is a priority for the Twins, which is why I see the Twins looking to get closer to the head of their Minor League operations.
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...ate.cgi?id=MIN

Here is a list of which team's contracts are up after this year.
    Beloit Snappers - Minnesota (signed through 2012)
    Bowling Green Hot Rods - Tampa Bay (signed through 2012)
    Burlington Bees - Oakland (signed through 2012)
    Cedar Rapids Kernels - Anaheim (signed through 2012)
    Clinton Lumber Kings - Seattle (signed through 2012)
    Dayton Dragons - Cincinnati (signed through 2012) Lock to extend
    Fort Wayne TinCaps - San Diego (signed through 2012) Lock to extend
    Kane County Cougars - Kansas City (signed through 2012)
    Lansing Lugnuts - Toronto (signed through 2012)
    Peoria Chiefs - Chicago (NL) (signed through 2012) Lock to extend
    Quad Cities River Bandits - St. Louis (signed through 2012) Lock to extend
    Asheville Tourists - Colorado (signed through 2012)
    Augusta GreenJackets - San Francisco (signed through 2012)
    Greensboro Grasshoppers - Miami (signed through 2012)
    Hagerstown Suns - Washington (signed through 2012)
    Hickory Crawdads - Texas (signed through 2012)
    Lakewood Blue Claws - Philadelphia (signed through 2012)
    Lexington Legends - Houston (signed through 2012)
    Savannah Sand Gnats - New York (NL) (signed through 2012)

Liked 131 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    I also cannot see them getting a AAA franchise in MN/IA/WI

too tough to draw crowds, unless they somehow unseat the Iowa Cubs. I would doubt that.

Probably wind up in Syracuse or Buffalo. Bleh.
    Unless they can somehow convince a AAA Club to move some place like Madison. And there should be enough college students there to support a team during the summer months... maybe? Tough to say. Just a random thought. It might be a tough thing to do though. There is a team called the Madison Mallards that play in the Northwoods League, which apparently is a college league. I'd have to look into it more to find out all the facts, but that would nice to have another Twins minor league team that close.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Unless they can somehow convince a AAA Club to move some place like Madison. And there should be enough college students there to support a team during the summer months... maybe? Tough to say. Just a random thought. It might be a tough thing to do though. There is a team called the Madison Mallards that play in the Northwoods League, which apparently is a college league. I'd have to look into it more to find out all the facts, but that would nice to have another Twins minor league team that close.
    This is correct. Northwoods is a wood-bat league for guys in college, that extends into Central Minnesota.

http://www.northwoodsleague.com/

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    jtrindaldi- I pray it doesn't happen that the Twins move out of the MWL as my baseball viewing will become non-existent. I could do Cedar Rapids or Clinton, but for my family it will be the death knell of live baseball I am afraid. But that is life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast