Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Trout signs 6 year deal

Trout signs 6 year deal

Mike Trout signs a 6 year deal with the Angels that is worth $144.5 million. The contract will start during the 2015 season.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...ike-trout.html

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 27 Posts
    Guess we will have to wait a bit longer for a Buxton-Trout outfield.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 19 Times in 5 Posts
    That seems like a great deal for the Angels

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 77 Times in 58 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pretty crazy. As much as he's making, if things were to continue to play out as they are, he's likely leaving a lot of money on the table in place of more money than he'd normally make the next 3 seasons.

Liked 1,297 Times in 750 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsfan34 View Post
    Pretty crazy. As much as he's making, if things were to continue to play out as they are, he's likely leaving a lot of money on the table in place of more money than he'd normally make the next 3 seasons.
    But if he gets hurt, its a great deal. I think I read that his initial signing bonus was something like $1 million.

This contract gives him financial security for life and he'll still be young when it is over. It's a little easier to understand in that context.

Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    But if he gets hurt, its a great deal. I think I read that his initial signing bonus was something like $1 million.

This contract gives him financial security for life and he'll still be young when it is over. It's a little easier to understand in that context.
    Great deal for Trout,
    2015... $5.25 mil vs $8 to $10 Mil in Arb
    2016.....$15.25 mil vs $14 to 16 Mil in Arb
    2017.....$19.25 mil vs $18 to $21 Mil in Arb
    2018-2020 $33.25 mil vs $35 Mil on open market????? for ten yrs?
    Then when contract is up he will be 29 and will still get a contract for 10 yrs , at the top market rate, of $40 mill a yr?????? In place of waiting for a contract at age of 26 for 10 yrs at $35 to $40 Mil a yr and trying to get another big contract at age 36 he will get 3 more high paid yrs by signing this contract for this amount of time.......In my opinion no one is going to go for more than 10 yrs and you may see a better chance of teams only going as high as 8 yrs, depending on how these other big multi year contracts pan out.